Reviews for The Lion King IV: The Rogue Pride
Incarnate Firefly chapter 7 . 11/11/2012
Okay, now I'm really confused. Adui seems perfectly capable of understanding that Scar alone was responsible for what happened to both him and Simba's pride, and yet he's planning to assassinate Sarabi? What is going through his mind right now?

"You stupid old man!" Err, lion. But I understand what you're getting at.

Overall, I enjoyed this chapter, even with Adui's dark cloud hanging over everyone's heads. Kopa and Leo sure had quite the adventure, and hey, they got a full grown buffalo. And now I'm a bit more sympathetic towards Leo with this revelation he's made. Heck, I think I actually like him now :)
Incarnate Firefly chapter 6 . 11/11/2012
And so the drama begins to unfold. Interesting idea, introducing Kovu and Vitani's father. I can see already that he's going to be the villain of this story.

I'm going to put Adui's sudden change of heart down to grief-driven madness. Nonetheless, it feels a bit sudden, not to mention unfair, considering that he still had two children alive, and that the Pridelanders didn't kill Nuka or Zira (Kiara had even tried to save her, in fact). And Kopa's bad feeling about him seems unfounded, since at that point neither the characters or the readers have reason to believe there's something wrong. Maybe if you make Adui a bit more...ominous in his first appearance, maybe drop a couple of hints of what he was capable of, it would make the transition a bit more believable.

And now I see that Timira presents the other conflicted character in the story. I feel bad for her, since I'm almost certain she won't end up with Kopa. Not sure how this will work out though, so I guess I'll have to see in the next chapter. Things really are getting interesting now.
Incarnate Firefly chapter 5 . 11/10/2012
This is probably one of my favourite chapters you've ever written. So much funny stuff happening. Anyone should know that taking dating advice from Timon and Pumbaa is a bad idea! Still, it looks like Kopa's managed to pull it off even if Vitani threatened to rip his throat out XD Anyway, hope things work out for Zazu, even if I don't like him very much. I'm waiting to see what those other Rogue Haven males are up to, and if you're capable of being as evil as I am in your stories...
Incarnate Firefly chapter 4 . 11/10/2012
"You're cute," Chumvi cooed.

"No, you're cute," Kula said back sweetly.

"No, you're cute," Chumvi retorted in an even more cuddly voice.

Afua looked sickened as he stared at his parents' unbearable show of affection. "Someone kill me," he muttered.

I had to stop reading for a sec because that absolutely cracked me up. Oh my God! I swear, your stories are like laugh therapy because you always find ways to surprise me with something funny in each chapter. Ahem...

I see you've introduced Joe as well. It's funny that someone like him would father a Pridelander like Tojo, but I guess you're just pulling all the stops and putting every TLK character in existence into the story. That's cool :P

Also, isn't Afua surprised at all to see Kopa? He might have gotten word ahead of time or something, but wouldn't he at least show some sort of joy at being reunited? Unless he visited Pride Rock with Leo...

Typo, I think: "obnoxiously load kiss" is supposed to be "obnoxiously loud kiss"?

Leo is such a little kid, lol. His character does annoy me at times, but at least he cares about his family and is entertaining.

Ah, so Timira IS betrothed to Kopa. That'll be interesting to see once Vitani gets a little more into her feelings. In the meantime, wow, the lionesses are admiring Kopa

Hey, Zazu's finally got his eyes on a little female hornbill. That's awesome, maybe he won't die alone after all XD And yay, you brought back Binti (wow, you really dug deep into your character research).

I've got a bad feeling about those other lions from Rogue Haven, and seeing as this story is titled after their pride, I'm guessing they'll be the ones to stir up trouble later on...
Incarnate Firefly chapter 3 . 11/10/2012
Hahaha, that awkward moment you insult someone and don't realize someone nearby will take offence. But on a more serious note, I like the concept of Rogue Haven. That and Kopa's law are very creative and well-thought out, and I'm really glad that Pride Rock isn't polygamist (whew).

Can it be that Vitani has self-esteem issues on her appearance? I wouldn't want to look like Zira if I were her either, but frankly I like her rugged, tough look. It suits her very well, and I wouldn't say she's not pretty. But perhaps she's thinking of a certain male lion who recently rejoined the pride...? ;)

"Hey, Tani," Kovu whispered, moving close to Vitani in their hiding spot.

"What?" Vitani mumbled distractedly.

"What does 'fun' mean?"

Tani rolled her eyes. "I'll tell you later."

That's really cute. Anyway, I'm starting to see where this is going, so I'll proceed to the next chapter now.
Incarnate Firefly chapter 2 . 11/10/2012
Asante is absolutely adorable! Haha, I see Kopa's not used to living with a lot of lions, so he has no qualms about waking everyone up. Of course Mheetu is used to living with him so he didn't wake up. And I think you meant "startling half the den awake", not "starling half the den awake". And lol, Kopa is always the last one to say "not it", some things never change.

I respect Kopa for his views on killing unnecessarily. It makes a nice contrast to what Zira told Kovu in that flashback. By the way, you wrote "Talk me, my son", when it should be "Talk to me, my son".

Ha, Kopa calls Vitani "ducky". I think it's a cute nickname, especially since she's so tough. And Rogue Haven, you say? I heard the name being mentioned in the last story, so it's definitely going to be interesting...

Wow, you really calculate the age thing pretty well. For me, I just don't bother with time unless it's in really long periods, and even then, I don't specify in numbers. But it's nice to see you're so concise with this.
Incarnate Firefly chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Lol, I see you're starting the story right off with your signature style of humour. I see Kiara like cubs...and Kovu doesn't. That'll be interesting for when they have their own offspring ;)

Kiara is cute as a cub! Even through words, I can visualize everything that's happening in the scene and everyone's very in-character as usual. It also makes sense why Timon and Pumbaa would be excited about Simba and Nala's second child since Kopa would have to be king one day. Good thinking.

Ah, so you're taking deleted scenes from The Lion King II. Not a bad idea. Not sure who Madoa and Alama are, but I'm guessing they're going to be important later. By the way, you spelled "shall" as "shale" when Zira is talking to Kovu.

I like your hide-and-seek flashback, it develops characters very well, and I can hear their voices in my head when I'm reading the dialogue. You really should give yourself more credit, you have a good knack for capturing each character very well in what they do and say. Also, the idea of Vitani's name being "ducks" is probably the funniest thing that I've read in your stories yet XD
Zero Unit RGB chapter 15 . 11/3/2012
Thanks for the tip about adding you to my author alerts. Anyway, I think that this was a perfect ending. Also I'd like to thank you for reading my story. I'm glad you liked it and i hope you continue reading it.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 14 . 11/3/2012
Wow...I was unable to read for so long because hurricane Sandy knocked out the Wi-Fi but I'm finally back and seriously, all I can say is wow.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 13 . 10/28/2012
I'm torn between laughing my head off, crying my heart out, and cheering them on. Anyway, this has to be one of thebest chapters so far. Kopa has finally seen the light of day and I think it's nice that Timira's going to happy ending. I'm guessing. Unfortunately I'm really tired right now so I can't finish this like I planned. Could you check out my TLK story when you have the free time? I think I asked before but you know, it can't hurt to ask again. Good night!
Zero Unit RGB chapter 12 . 10/28/2012
I'm tearing up over here. I have plans to finish this story tonight because a huricane is coming to my state and it's the worst one in history. So let me just say this, if I finish this story and I die, then I will have no regrets. That's how much I love this.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 11 . 10/28/2012
If time keeps on repeating itself then Adui will die the same way Zira and Scar should've. Too prideful to accept the mercy given upon them by their enemies. And Kopa is seriously angry. Somebody's got a temper. Good chapter.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 10 . 10/27/2012
The deaths of Sarabi, those unknown lions, and Mega has made me so sad. I'm glad Rafiki isn't dead, he's my favorite character. I was worried he was about to be killed off. Anyway, this entire story is incredibly dark and deep. I've read something else with that same description but this one is...unique.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 9 . 10/27/2012
"...First, Scar took my love away from me. Then, his nephew Simba killed her." Adui's voice went quiet, his pupils shrinking into thin slits. "For Zira, I will see the entire royal family destroyed!" - Hm, that sounds awfully familiar...Oh that's right, Zira had the same mindset on Scar and Simba. I'm impressed that you were able to apply a small detail from the movie into this story. Nice job! And I must say wow...With that last statement about the combat practice. That's tells you what's coming loud and clear. I'm impressed with your writing skill.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 8 . 10/27/2012
The ending was so sweet. And this chapter was just perfect. The perfect amount of comedy laced with a tint of romance wrapped in some drama and baked in pie with a sense of foreshadowing. Impressive job!
105 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »