Reviews for The Lion King IV: The Rogue Pride
27dayz chapter 10 . 10/16/2011
Aww! That's so sad. I have tears in my eyes! Sarabi was really brave and at least she's with Mufasa again. Poor little Asante...he's probably going to be a bit traumatized after that one. And poor Kovu, too! It's too bad both of his parents were kind of nuts. I can't wait to see what happens next! This is a great fic!
toffeecoffee chapter 9 . 10/15/2011
Another great chapter! I love how you portrayed the giraffe! I'm on the edge of my seat. Keep going!
Lurker chapter 8 . 10/13/2011
Oooh, this story is getting good. [: Can't wait til the next chapter. I loved the first story and this one is just as good if not better. I hope you continue to write more and add more to this little series you have.
Ersatz Okapi chapter 8 . 10/12/2011
Well, I'm actually hoping it'll be longer. I do love reading longer stories, especially if they're good ones. And I do feel that if this story is only 13 chapters, you're going to have to compress critical parts in the process. I found no real errors in this chapter except a couple usage errors.

On the subject of time, I do think that the measurement of a year could have some link with the position of constellations, especially since the night sky tends to remain constant at the same times of year and creatures with great longevity like Rafiki might be able to measure it across multiple years. Of course, one issue with this is that since it's 11 days off, the observations will eventually depart from actual time measurement. The problem with using years (or 12 moons) in general, as I see it, is that it represents a vast span of time in a lion's life, which wouldn't be practical for purposes of precise age measurement. A more realistic measure may actually be seasons (assuming that there are standard lengths to seasons on the savanna, which is probably not true) or moons, which has real and constant precedent. Perhaps lions could combine moons and years, I don't know. Of course, the readers' understanding comes first; I'm just trying to fit the parts of the narrative into my mentality, which is that lions would be basically akin to an isolated African tribe in their thought processes, customs, and belief (lack of opposable thumbs, however, precludes technological development).
Ersatz Okapi chapter 7 . 10/11/2011
Nice chapter once again. Just one little quibble: why would lions know about the length of the year or the concept of anniversaries? I think that this society could logically measure time through moon cycles (approximately a month) and the length of seasons. Maybe they have some grasp of the constellations, but it is doubtful they would be consistently able to track time. Maybe this is just my failure to appropriately suspend disbelief, but I feel we shouldn't impose human concepts without reason.
toffeecoffee chapter 7 . 10/10/2011
Awww! Such a sweet chapter. I felt so bad for Leo. But Kopa's a good grandkid.
toffeecoffee chapter 6 . 10/9/2011
I'm loving this story! It's cool that you added all the other characters from the books. You've made me fall in love with Kopa all over again! Update! Update!
Ersatz Okapi chapter 4 . 10/8/2011
This has been an excellent piece of work so far and one I am supremely entertained by. I love how Kiara is so sheltered and her ignorance of the way less utopian prides operate. You've done a great job filling in the blanks, so to speak, of all the various issues that always manage to nag at us Lion King fans. The conversations at Rogue Haven, particularly the ones regarding Kopa and Boga, were amusing. When reading previous chapters, I was kind of wondering why Kopa did not have all the lionesses after him. Also, looks like Mheetu isn't getting any action. Also, nice subtle foreshadowing about the path of the story that pertains to the "other" males.
Asante chapter 4 . 10/8/2011
This is in response to beastwarsmaster's comment on Chumvi and Kula in his/her review. Not trying to start an argument, just would like to correct beastwarsmaster's assertion. Beastwarsmaster says that Chumvi and Kula are brother and sister - which would make my fan fiction a little weird considering I made them husband and wife. After reading this, I reread Lion King: Six New Adventures; Nala's Dare, which is the only official Lion King material featuring Chumvi and Kula. All other stories featuring Chumvi and Kula are fan fiction. Nowhere in the book Nala's Dare does it say that Chumvi and Kula are brother and sister, though it also doesn't say that they are not brother and sister so I can understand why beastwarsmaster might think they are. If beastwarsmaster views Chumvi and Kula as siblings in his fan fiction, that's perfectly fine. As for my fan fiction, Chumvi and Kula are not brother and sister, which should also be fine. I hope this makes sense to everyone.
beastwarsmaster chapter 4 . 10/8/2011
good chapter just one thing kula and chumvi are brother and sister.
Lunatic's Lament chapter 1 . 10/3/2011