Reviews for An Island Never Cries
Sylva Dax chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
And imagine how much lonelier it is to have that promise whisked away in almost the next breath. Well done.
clare009 chapter 1 . 1/9/2012
Oh, this is good. Love how you got into the Doctor's head.
ElilPotter01 chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Oh thats beautiful too. I am a ten/rose fan and adding that feeling that Rose should be the one to know his name touched me. Your snippets are enjoyable to read. I like reading your 1st person writing as well. Normally, it sounds awkward, but your style pulls it off. Congrats!
madis hartte chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
AAAAAH! *flails around* This is brilliant! Brilliant, I tell you, brilliant! (I use brilliant a lot, I apologize. XD)
bikelock28 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
This is really good. I especially like:

"Do you have any idea what that feels like? It can make you feel legendary, powerful, invincible. So famous you don't need a name. There's this glorious sense of anonymity, a feeling of absolute freedom. When nobody knows your name, nobody knows you. And then they can't hurt you. You're invulnerable. A fortress.

It's the loneliest feeling in the Universe,"

And the contrast in meaning of the same statement at the end

The only thing i would say is it would be good to put in a bit more detail of how he feels when she whispers his name- its just a little bit glossed over. but that's only a tiny niggle.

overall a fantastic job :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
this is a good way to discribe why the doctor's name is important

I think he used it to TimeLock Gallifrey
zoe alice chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Very well-written.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Oh quite good
j1ack chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
This is so good! I like everything about the Doctor's "walls" and "fortresses". Very good analogy. Good job overall :)
bluegoldrose chapter 1 . 10/3/2011