Reviews for Blue Sky
reasonable-idealist chapter 15 . 2/19
(WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD)

Well, after a shameless binge of reading this story from end to end when I had quite a few other things to do—and that right there should tell you how insidiously this story, or book I should say, creeps into everyday thought—I sat down like I haven’t sat in a long time, doing nothing, utterly useless to the real world because I was still lost in yours.

All those little moments, touching little scenes like Wheatley guiding Chell through the benign dream-world Aperture he'd wished he made for her (a scene which left me speechless, by the way) to Chell’s deep realizations—sometimes through rare tears or laughter—that she missed and needed him and his “waterfall voice," and above all, Wheatley’s beautiful panic through every monologue, either spoken or all in his head… these details all formed a believable, coherent picture of how life actually unfolds, especially in this story’s crazy world. Not an easy task to do.

What also surprised me as much as a slap to the face was how several scenes actually hurt—especially those involving Wheatley. The tragic flashbacks, the confrontations between him and Chell, the fear that Wheatley was going to leg it at several points when that was the textbook example of what NOT to do in those situations, the constant yammer of low self-esteem and dread that assailed him before he attempted any task, the stupid little head-voice that later became a powerful (and hilarious) weapon, and the near-physical hurt I felt when I thought Wheatley was actually going to be well and truly gone.

But when Wheatley regained his humanity...

Either I feel things unusually deeply or you described those moments, the moments that MATTERED, just right: I felt like I had to take breaks to breathe in between chapters.

I write this review to give myself some peace from my utterly useless vegetable state, and you another positive review. Maybe one day, you will write another piece for your own Portal fans. I really hope to God you do.

And “Let’s cast some broads?” Genius.
Wow, this is just amazing. Just… wow.
FrostyAngelWings chapter 15 . 2/16
I have no words besides this that is even close to describing this story; Beautiful.
Thank you for writing this.
Just...
Absolutely beautiful.
XiaoXiao666 chapter 15 . 2/14
HOLY MACKERAL. I just read this for the second time and it’s no less mind-blowing. You, sir or ma’am, are a literary genius!
Fire-Goddess-Ameta chapter 15 . 2/13
This is, and I'm sure will forever, be one of my favorite things I'll ever read. I would never have expected something so beautiful and all around fantastic to have sprouted from Portal 2, or just the series in general. Thank you so much for making this. I feel greatly honored to have even read this. I've already suggested many of my friends to read it, and I'll be sure to read this many times over myself. But, again, thank you very much for spending all this time writing this. You have unbelievable talent that I hope you continue to use.
-A Park
Dossypet chapter 15 . 2/8
This story is like the golden story and I love it. 10/10 Amazing
coliri chapter 15 . 1/26
dude I heard about this fic since it came out but never had the guts to start reading it... and I don't know what kind of bug bitted me last week that made me read it all of a sudden and i don't regret every minute I spent reading this

Let me tell you this was an amazing work! And I really don't know what else to say! It was utterly perfect! And I'm glad I waited 7 years to read it! Fucking amazing hell!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/26
This was an extremely good chapter. I can't wait to read more.
Zandarth chapter 1 . 1/25
Best fanfic for Portal 2 I've even seen.
NovaTheHedgehog7500 chapter 15 . 1/16
Loved reading this! I totally understand why this has been so highly recommended to me. You have such a great understanding of the characters, and a spectacular handle on words. I look forward to looking at more of your work!
F
ArellaoftheLuvara chapter 15 . 1/9
Wow. Just. WOW. This is so well written, and every single character's voice is just SPOT-on - even Chell, with her brisk, taciturn, brutally-efficient sort of attitude. I loved the scenes where Wheatley just chattered on about machine life around people and they just sort of stared at him in bemusement (before the ball dropped and Garret just about LOST IT), and the " " virus, and CAROLINE, wow. I really really want Garret to have rescued the different turret, although I don't see how they could have carried both it and Wheatley out (balanced it on his legs?), and Chell definitely wouldn't have let Garret go back for it.

What an amazing, fantastic ride. I'm just gonna save this as "Portal 3" in my fic list.
Carly chapter 1 . 1/9
Wow, I can see why this has been praised as a really good portal(or should i say portal 2?) fan fiction. It's written really well, has (from what I can see) perfect grammar, and the length of just the first chapter implies the same or longer for the rest of it (and I do enjoy long works of writing when done just right). I can safely say this is going to be a great experience!
Musical Brit chapter 15 . 12/6/2017
Fucking fenomenal. I honestly have no words; writing quality is stunning, characters are down to a T. Every line from GLaDOS/Wheatley honestly seemed like it came straight from the original writers themselves.

In some places, the writing is actually better than that of the source material, somehow. And that is bloody saying something; the writing in portal 1/2 is perfection, and beats out practically any other game I’ve ever played. I can’t get over how well you captured GLaDOS’ character, everything she said was completely fitting with how she speaks ingame.

Not much more I can say really. Not a single thing I didn’t like in here really.

10/10
Chaoartwork39 chapter 3 . 12/4/2017
So I only read about three chapters of this and not being an active portal fan for few years...this is impressive. This is really, really impressive. I think what stand out the most is the characters. Now to my belief, the most important thing to always stick to is the character's personality. But this is BEYOND perfection.

The dialogue completely fits to how the characters talk in the game, making it look like something written by the people the behind the game itself. You even stick the reminder of Chell being mute, which most people who write a portal fan fiction forgets. Sure she's possibly gonna talk several times in the story, but the the fact that you actually kept her mute most the time is fantastic!

Well descriptive and great pacing. It's no wonder this fan fiction has a huge fan base l. This is just incredible work!
1,051 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »