Reviews for Midsummer
SMackedCaskett chapter 9 . 5/13/2012
Oh no, Lucy!

My eyes were growing larger and larger towards the end.
webdlfan chapter 9 . 5/12/2012
Wow! What a ride for this chapter ... Don and Jennifer, moving a lot faster here than he moved on the show :p ... and his conversation with Lucy? actually both of them, was so sweet. Loved the moment you wrote with Lindsay as well. But to end it there? Wow! I hope the same thing that happened to the other girl isn't in store for Lucy! Don will find her ...! Well, the best detective minds in the business are in that house!
Herrera chapter 9 . 5/12/2012
Hey, Lily. I missed this story, I'm glad to read you again. As always, your writing is a pleasure to read. Yhe chapter was sweet and happy, but the end scared me a lot... It is like a déjà vu, and I'd like, I hope, this time little Lucy will be soon found.

Paz
cmaddict chapter 9 . 5/12/2012
You updated! I was so excited to see this in my inbox this afternoon when I finally got the chance to check. And such a wonderful update! I really love the character of Jennifer... I feel like she has a bit of mystery surrounding her, and I would love to learn more about her background. I can't wait to find out what it is. Lovely scene too where Don is telling about how Mac and Stella were married, and very sad when he talks about how they lost their babies. But you followed it up with an adorable scene with Don, Jennifer and Lucy, and I particularly loved the scene in the woods. That was a mean cliffhanger, though! Well done as always, and can't wait to read more!
Crowded Angels chapter 9 . 5/12/2012
Noooo I don't like that! I wish I hadnt pestered you to update now! The beautiful peacefulness and ease from the Don/Jessica scenes came crashing to earth with the missing Lucy. I'm hoping Jennifer remembers a secret hideyhole and finds Luce?

Loved it up to that point! ;) x
Ditto123 chapter 9 . 5/12/2012
This story is amazing. Very eloquently written. Thank you for the cliff hanger. I love the way you incorported it into the story at just the right moment. Looking forward with anticipated breath for the next installment.
Strandstorken chapter 9 . 5/11/2012
You should put a warning label on this. 'Likely to make emotional teenage mothers cry'. Poor Mac and Stella :'( The way Don tells it is so sad and sweet.

I still love Don and Jennifer together, especially the moment with the swing was really sweet. :D

I hope you update this soon, as I'm really anxious to know what happened to Lucy. :O

Lou :P
Lost in New York chapter 8 . 5/1/2012
I have really enjoyed reading this story so far and I'm sure I'll enjoy reading the upcoming chapters as well:) Your descriptions of the summerdays are just wonderful. I liked how you write about Mac and Stella and her pregnancy of course! I'm so happy for them:) Lucy is absolutely a lovely child. Danny's and Don's interaction is funny to read and makes me smile. They are so good friends. And what can I say about Don and Jennifer? Aaaawwww, they are so sweet together! Lovely, just lovely, specially the ending scene. Can't wait to read more!
Ballettmaus chapter 8 . 4/15/2012
I like the touch of the toys which Danny made for his daughter, it kind of shows that even though he's a little rough around the edges he loves her. It's cute. :-) Lucy's also very cute. Very child-like which is... well, cute ;-)

I like how Don's thinking flows well when he's "eating" the "cake" Lucy offers him. It's such a great place to put it because there's nothing we miss with the story and it sort of "passes" the time of the tea party. Really like how it works out. I also like Stella's reply to Mac towards the end ;-)
Brinchen86 chapter 8 . 4/15/2012
This was another beautiful chapter. I have to say I especially like when Lucy shows up. You're writing her really well. She's such a sweet child and I love her interactions with everyone. Well done again, but you already know that. ;) I'm looking forward to more!
Aranna Undomiel chapter 8 . 4/5/2012
Yay, you're back :D Had been wondering if something was wrong with you, because you had said the update was near and than it took you such long times...So I hope you're allright?

But nevermind, glad to see a new chapter, and so filled to the brim with awkkward gentleman Don and adorable Lucy. All those scenes with her keep reminding me so of the kids I used to babysit, just really great :D

And now they're off on their own for a romantic stroll through those beautiful gardens...

So..hope you'll update soon!
Brii Taylor chapter 8 . 3/30/2012
Very goood chapter! (thanks for the reminder by the way, I had totally forgotten)

On being mildly unprepared:

I was expecting the walk to be next. that's all :)

Commencing quoting!

"It's called being a gentleman, Flack," Danny added his opinion and Don retaliated with an equal taunt about his friend's capacity to be a gentleman, leading to another insult from Danny.

Uh-huh. Tell me more. No, really, tell me more! I would have enjoyed dialogue here (I'm sorry if I go all beta on you-it's habit by this point)

There were several other instances like that. It felt rather lacking. like you could have gone all the way, but you stopped halfway to the finish line, said "Eh," went home, cracked open a beer, and watched reruns of M.A.S.H. I'm just saying finish the dialogue. :)

I have been trying to write this review literally all day. I'm sorry if I'm harsh or rude or something.
SMackedCaskett chapter 8 . 3/28/2012
Glad to see everyone doing OK :)
Crowded Angels chapter 8 . 3/27/2012
Little Lucy is just adorable! I love how patient and accommodating Flack is with her, playing along with her wooden cake and tea parties. Lindsey's little nudges to her husband are brilliant and so in character haha

Excited for Don's walk with Jennifer! Wonder what we'll learn...!
cmaddict chapter 8 . 3/27/2012
You updated! I'm so excited to read something else from you. And this was a great update. I love how you write Don; really, I do. He's fantastic! And you've created such a believable character in Jennifer. I love reading their interactions, as well as the interactions between Don and the Messer family. Lucy is just adorable! Don's such a good uncle :) Great update, and can't wait to read more!
263 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »