Reviews for Midsummer
Brii Taylor chapter 2 . 2/20/2012
have I mentioned how much I love this time period? I mean seriously ;) It's a lot of fun to imagine Mac and Flack in their 1940's-50's style hats :) and stella in her dresses and period hairstyles :) I'm having a blast!
Brii Taylor chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
fantastic, and coincidentally just what I needeed: I'm feeling a film noir binge coming on and this will give me enough to tide me over until I can find a nice noir to curl up with :)
SMackedCaskett chapter 7 . 2/20/2012
Haha, Don and his food addiction :D

I see 'Jennifer' is remembering some things...
Guest chapter 7 . 2/19/2012
I like very much the mistery that this chapter involves. Is Jennifer the child who lived in this house, the owner of this nursery? I think yes. Very interesting story, I want to know more!

Paz
Forest Angel chapter 7 . 2/19/2012
Good to see a new chapter. I love how they seem to be really comfortable with each other one minute and really awkward the next. The scene in the nursery seemed totally realistic. Hope you get to post more soon.
cmaddict chapter 7 . 2/19/2012
Another wonderful chapter :) I really like Jennifer, but I feel like there's a lot more beneath the surface. I can't wait to see how you reveal that. And I think I've told you this before, but I love how you write Don. He's so cute in this chapter, especially at the end! Please update soon!
webdlfan chapter 7 . 2/19/2012
Haha. Love that Don tried to play himself off as a lonely bachelor and that Jessica called him on it. Lots of little details here ... she was a adopted, she had a name for the horse. I wonder if Jessica knows why she's there and she's keeping it from them, or if its all happenstance. ... Looking forward to the rest! So glad that you posted! You should join us on twitter for the viewing parties. We're watching old CSINY's because of the hiatus and this Friday is Snow Day. Of course, you have to have your own copy. There's a UK at 9 UK time. But I'll be at work this Friday at that time.

Hope thigs are going well. Loving this story!
Blue Shadowdancer chapter 7 . 2/19/2012
D'aww! Don and Jennifer are too sweet for words, seriously :) I really like how they instantly connect in the way people do sometimes, with it feeling very geniuine and lovely. And I really like Jennifer, too, and all the history you give her (I did chuckle at the ferry on the Mersey story!).

Also, the bit with her entering the nursery was very well done, again with a very Agatha Christie sort of feeling to it! And the rocking horse, aww. I do like how you're putting this across without it being too heavy-handed at all.

Sorry this review's quite short, I'm a little harried today. But I loved this, and reading this chapter was a lovely happy break! :D
Crowded Angels chapter 7 . 2/19/2012
It took me entirely too long to read this chapter thanks to rude customers (rude in the sense that they want serving when im obviously reading fanfic and rude in the normal sense. grr) anyway, this certainly brightened my shift! I love simply you're writing Flack and Jennifer and how you're alluding to what you're alluding ;)

Excited for what's to come! x
suallenparker chapter 7 . 2/19/2012
I like the banter between Jen and Don here as well. I think it's very believable that it must come from Jen herself that she would feel like freshening up, because I think, Don isn't really sensetive to those sorts of things. And i like how cute he is when she tells him! He didn't get the thought himself, but once she tells him about it, he tries to make her as comfortable as possible.

"Yep, vacation for all of us. A chance for an unsociable bachelor to break out of his lonely existence and spend time with his married, yet sympathetic friends..." His expression remained straight-faced as he spoke even though his eyes were creasing with humour.

Jennifer threw him a sceptical look. "I'm not completely buying you being a lonely bachelor seeing as you're spending a vacation with friends."

That is so funny!

I like that they exchange "war-stories" about their childhood. :)

"The answer he expected to fall out of his mouth did not happen; instead, Don's steps slowed and he frowned."

This is also a line I was very, very thrilled about in the first draft. It hasn't lost anything of it's touch. Still a very thrilling and so very exiting moment! I love the depth it adds to Don's character as well to the plot. Very well done!

I like the scene in the nursery. How Jen seems so lost in her thoughts.

I do love how Jen and Don interact, how they both shift between feeling relaxed and honest and close with eachother to feeling awkward. Very good!
suallenparker chapter 6 . 2/19/2012
I love the beginning of this chapter. It's so intruiging. I want to know who the woman is, of course and I love how you characterizied Don here, how he feels out of his depth but still tries to be as helpful as possible.

I also like that all the characters feel kind of like them, but also a bit different which I think fits well with the alternative universe. Jess seems so soft and nice and kind and funny and less tough and guarded than in the show. First I wondered about if I like that, but I think it fits well.

I enjoyed the banter between Don and Jen alot. They're so cute together.

That his stomach growled in empathy made me smile. :)

I also enjoyed the conversation between Mac and Don. How Mac mocked him at the beginning was so funny.

Watching them as a group at the second breakfast was nice too. The talk about knitting and about snails was very funny. I enjoyed reading that alot.

Lucy was just adorable. Adorable!
suallenparker chapter 5 . 2/19/2012
Hi there!

After long time of stuff keeping me from reading your things, it's a pleasure of coming back to that story.

Also I think I'm doing something quite creepy right now: I checked my old documents to see how far I've already read this story and looked at some of my old comments after reading the first paragraph.

Especially when I read this: "The night had paled to pearl, filtering through the drapes at the window and shafts of light shadows lay across the rug at the foot of the bed."

I thought, oh my god, this is brilliant! Is that new?

So I went to my old document and: No, it's not. I was in awe of it the first time too. ;)

The night had paled to pearl... I love, love, love this sentence! The flow of these words is great!

Which reminds me that I need to tell you about what my Prof said about poems, Goethe and Heine (two very important poets)...

BUT back to the story.

It's so cute of Don to make breakfast for everybody. The way he does it seems very in character to me. Just no eye for detail, the guy. I bet Martha would be shocked. ;)

I like the light banter between Mac, stella and Don. Their suprise that their friend is already up and awake so early.

I like how I get to know more about Stella's and Mac's life in this universie through their conversations about gardens. It's also such a nice characterisation of Stella in which kind of gardens she prefers (I hope this sentence makes sense to you, it's a bit German...). Very good job!

Oh, and the cliffehanger! Brilliant, still!

It's the perfect moment to end the chaper (I know, in the first draft, this chapter continued...).

Well done!
Sabby of the Moon and Stars chapter 6 . 2/8/2012
The way the speak really fits into the time period! I love how Jessica and Don don't really get the connection between them.
Ballettmaus chapter 6 . 1/28/2012
As I said, this chapter is what I consider a page turner. There's nothing that stands out to me, which isn't a bad thing, it just flows nicely and is a nice and easy read and makes me read on and what to see what the deal is with Jennifer and how she fits into things.

And I do like the teasing of Don (just don't tell him ;-))
deactivated86 chapter 6 . 1/28/2012
Ah yes, now we're allowed to meet Jennifer. It's hard to not say too much. ;) I enjoy how you wrote the first meeting with her, the conversations are very nice and it'll be nice to see her interact with the others, too. Very interesting twist!
263 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »