Reviews for Midsummer
DNAisUnique chapter 3 . 1/7/2012
Ha! Lucy and I have the same sleeping ability.

I like that Don and Danny have an unspoken understanding that comes from being friends for years.

Oh, my! That's a lot of doughnuts! :D I love the scene with Lucy and Don talking about doughnuts. Perfect. Just thinking about eating that many doughnuts makes my stomach hurt!

Aw, I think my favorite scene, though, is with Lucy feeling the baby kick and asking Stella all the questions. So sweet!

Or maybe it's bedtime when Lucy's concerned with Don's dance partner. I love all the scenes!

Lovely chapter.
Blue Shadowdancer chapter 5 . 1/5/2012
"According to Mrs H, he's neither use nor ornament and it probably isn't going to be long before he's pushing up the daisies rather than trampling them down." I cannot stop laughing at that line, it's absolutely wonderful. I can hear it in the voices of several old ladies of my aquaintance :D

Loved the story about Stella and Sinclair's garden, I can just see that happening and her being indignant for a very long time about it XD Also still revelling in Mac and Stella being a couple and ADORABLE.

And I also loved Jess's arrival, just the right amount of dramatic and mysterious! Eeeee! (That was a coherent expressing of my feelings about this story, by the way.)
deactivated86 chapter 5 . 12/31/2011
This is another really nice chapter! Sorry for the late review. :) I love the conversation and the hints of fun you have in there. Really nice! And of course there is something almost like a tiny cliffhanger. I like how you're introducing this storyline more and more. Great work!
Lost in New York chapter 5 . 12/30/2011
What a sweet chapter!:) I liked the opening, I share Don's desire to sleep later in the mornings;D I liked the small humor in Sinclair's case:) Stella acted perfectly back then!:) The atmosphere was wonderful. You created a lovely image of Mac and Stella. The end, oh, that was intense! I can't wait to read more!:)
webdlfan chapter 5 . 12/26/2011
I'm back! (Much sooner that I thought) :p ...

Oh, such great details and description here at the beginning. And just the fact that Don plans to spend his day with Lucy, I like to see him taking on the uncle road. He's obviously proud of his friends and really part of their family. Its fun to be the uncle (and why Lindsay has to keep her eye on him as well, lest Lucy get the upper hand :p _

And there must be the appearance of Angell!

really a great chapter, with the clear affection between friends. And there's the cliff hanger. Hope we get an update soon! :p

And I hope you've had an enjoyable holiday and Christmas.
webdlfan chapter 4 . 12/26/2011
First of all, I had read most of this so long ago, but got called away from my computer and just never got back to review. I love the set up for this chapter of course, getting everyone there and over dinner. Love that Lindsay is the one that's pressing to know, it reminds me of the girl who goes on ghost tours.

The fact that you set this up, doesn't make it any less sad, especially with everyone part of a family. You can also see the difference in Don, who tells the story and focuses more on the mother, whom he knows, and the feeling of the others, as they have children.

Love that Lindsay steps in when the Don/Danny banter starts. '"Yes, Aunt Lindsay." Don saluted, smirking, to which Lindsay responded with an icy stare. But it soon thawed to an affectionate look at him."

And oh how I want to see mother Lindsay on the show, not that I'm watching so much anymore.

Such tender scene there at the end between Mac and Stella. And then we have Mac, always the police officer, checking out the house before bed.

Okay, loved this chapter, all your little details and how everyone fits into this time period, even the second time through and will be back in a little while to read the next chapter. Its how I get through my cleaning. I, unlike you, hate cleaning! :p ... so your story is my reward!
afrozenheart412 chapter 5 . 12/26/2011
My god, Sinclair freaked out over Stella snapping off a small part of a cherry tree branch to make a young girl smile? Sheesh! Those manicured lawns are beautiful but what good are they if you can't enjoy them? I adore how the Hammerback gardens are ones you can enjoy and still feel like you're at home. :D I am as surprised as the Taylors that Don is up at the crack of dawn too, I like the morning but on vacation that is way too early!

But with a mysterious dark haired young woman falling into Don's arm...I think he'll love the mornings too! LOL! Still I really enjoyed his grumblings, I think that is another thing he and Danny have in common, LMAO! Oh I can't wait to see if this is Jess looking for her parents!

Favorite moments

"The sultry air promised another broiling hot day and even though he was dressed in only a pair of thin pyjama pants, his skin felt the caress of heat. Arms folded across his bare chest, he yawned as he gazed out at the garden. It lay in slumber, the soft dawn just beginning to rouse the birds and the murmuration of bees and other insects. Mist billowed above the grass, almost invisible and the sun, a hazy lemon disc, rose above the trees."

"Well I'm sure Lucy will enjoy exploring the overgrown parts of the garden," Mac remarked, to which Don grinned.

"Which is exactly what we've got planned for the day. Feel free to join us," he added irreverently, his grin widening.

Stella gave him a crooked smile. "I think we'll pass up the invitation. You and Lucy have fun in the jungle. Anyhow," she continued, "I like the garden as it is. It's a nice change from all these formal gardens people have, with everything laid out in perfect angles and lines. You know the sort, where you're almost scared to breathe in case you mess up the manicured lawns and the symmetrical pink flamingos," she finished wryly, glancing at Mac, who chuckled."

Though I do take offense at the flamingos, they may be tacky as heck but still a lot of fun when you are flamingoing a friend's lawn! :D More please!
conche chapter 5 . 12/26/2011
Lily: how could you leave us here? Who is this mysterious woman? It's not that I don't have an inkling but like everyone else I will have to wait for confirmation. Your description of the time of night, the sun as a slice of lemon all paint a vivid picture. And like everyone else I await (anxiously) the next chapter.
Strandstorken chapter 5 . 12/26/2011
Another great chapter. :D

I love the descriptions in the beginning. And Stella's complaints about Sinclair's garden. :P I like the whole early morning setting, it seems perfect for such a scene between the three of them.

I really want to know what happens after that chapter-ending, too!
ChibiDawn23 chapter 5 . 12/25/2011
WHAT? Evil EVIL cliffies, how dare you? LOL, coming from me, of all people.

I have this awesome visual in my head of Mac and Stella, her in white, him barefoot, walking in the garden. Sigh. So pretty.

PS I owe you an email, but my computer's being a putz.
cmaddict chapter 5 . 12/24/2011
Why, thank you so much for the Christmas Eve present - you updated! :) And what an update it was! I loved Don's interaction with Mac and Stella; you always write that so beautifully. And that was a mean, mean cliffhanger! Please update soon! I'm really curious to see where you're going to take this! Merry Christmas!
Herrera chapter 5 . 12/24/2011
Wow, first a little fun and then... the mistery.

Who's the girl? Can't wait!

Paz
Aranna Undomiel chapter 4 . 12/9/2011
Well, now you've got me intrigued. I always love a good mystery ;D So I guess/hope Jess will make her appearance in this story too?

And I loved that moment between Mac and Stella, of how he convinced her to go to bed without actually saying it ;) That was sweet ;D

Hope you'll update soon!
Ballettmaus chapter 4 . 12/4/2011
Thanks, by the way for the note - all of them ;-)

I think it works very well how you adjusted the "story-telling" part. It flows nicely and also establish some connections between the characters. I think it makes it interesting to read, too, with all the bits of different information that are included :-)
Ballettmaus chapter 3 . 12/4/2011
Maybe I shouldn't answer all of them at once but one each day... :-P Anyway, I enjoyed the banter between Danny and Don at the beginning and I especially enjoyed the reference to Lindsay's driving. It's a scene I could so well imagine.

You do know what I think of the Lucy scenes, nevertheless they are adorable and fun to read :-)
263 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »