Reviews for Midsummer
Aranna Undomiel chapter 15 . 5/26/2013
Ha, I knew it! Jennifer was the Angell's missing daughter!
Well, it's been ages since I last read a chapter of your story and the longer I waited, the harder it was to find time to read it. But I always kept the alerts in my inbox, and now that I finally have some time off, I got to finish it. :D
And I'm glad I did, because those last chapters had it all: the romance between Don and Jenn, the humor, the fear of the missing Lucy, who remains undeniably adorable ;), and the birth of baby Taylor. I have to admit that the part where Don met his granddaughter nearly had me crying..
I absolutely loved this story of yours!
LawandOrderForeverCSI chapter 15 . 2/3/2013
Great job! I loved it!
afrozenheart412 chapter 15 . 1/2/2013
I love the way that this is left open for more if you feel like it, I know I may be seeing more into this than there is...but that's how I see it. Martha and Don are so wise that they can see and know that the support goes both ways. They'll be there for both Jess and Mrs. Angell, in case it gets to be too much or too little until the right balance is struck. This was beautiful and brought tears of love, laughter, and even a bit of sadness to my eyes for everyone in here. Even the kidnappers who took Jess from her rightful parents. But they did show her love and made sure she was alright even if their greed turned into something evil.

The laughter, definitely see the daisy chains that everyone was christened with...Lucy is a card and someone that is loved by the entire team. She's lucky to have so many people in her family.

The last line had it all, "arms round each other they rejoined their friends and family." You are an amazing author and I'm only so sorry that it took this long to finish reading. *huge hugs*

Marvelous job, Lily...this is why you are a writer, you can move us to the sweetest of tears! :)
afrozenheart412 chapter 14 . 1/2/2013
Wonderful, two children found and will be loved by their parents. Sheesh the love in here is so potent I feel that I could reach out and touch it. First with Don being named as the godfather, and him accepting. Then Sid recognizing Jennifer as Jessica Angell. Not only that but the love of everyone in here for Stella, Iris, and Mac...they both have what they've always wanted. A family of love.

I still see more for you to explore, because I'd love to see Don's mom come down there or better yet them going back to NYC and seeing their lives after this. :) Martha's applie pie, what a great reward for Sid, for a good job! More please!
afrozenheart412 chapter 13 . 1/2/2013
"But then came a short, sharp cry from Stella, a brief pause and then a piercing yell from what could only be a brand new set of lungs."

You couldn't have said it better with that line in announcing the baby. :) I won't even take you to task for scaring me with this cliffhanger...you WON'T kill Stella...I know you won't. Because if you did, you'd need to go father than your parent's to escape me! ;)

Oh the fear in here was so palatable with the men in not knowing what to do. Mac was where he needed to be and so were Don and Danny. They may not like waiting but that's all they can do. Another favorite part is the cat William, his apathy and lackluster attitude is PERFECT in here. Nothing rouses a cat unless they want to go somewhere. And the description of Sid was cool, him with his glasses and chin to his chest sleeping with a good book. This is awesome!
afrozenheart412 chapter 12 . 1/2/2013
Holy Crap! You could've warned me, LOL! I know in my heart that Stella will be alright, one because you wouldn't do this on a gift to me, and two...its too close to Christmas that something tragic would happen. :)

Jennifer should know that they've included her with their family, heck, they were there for her when she made Don smile after him needing time away. I love that Lucy was put to bed, she may have wanted to stay up with the rest of them, but her big day exhausted her. LMAO on the poker faces, I'd really love to see that. Danny I know may be able to bluff but with the team? Nah, I can see him being beat by Lindsay, heehee!

Its always tough to be a parent, but totally worth it.
webdlfan chapter 15 . 1/1/2013
I'm so sorry for not reviewing sooner! I read the chapter immediately, but I have to type the reviews on my computer and sometimes the last thing I do when I'm at home is get on my actual computer. Sigh. I'm a very bad person. I've had the chapter bookmarked in my inbox ...

So... loved the story! I love the interplay between Flack and danny, via Lucy. And the setting, the lazy outside venue with everyone there to relax? And back in time? So good. and of course Jess was the little girl XD.

Again, so sorry it took me so long to review! I'll write more!
Strandstorken chapter 15 . 11/26/2012
First I'm so so so sorry it took me so long to read this chapter. :S Anyway, I love this chapter - like all of them XD and this is a great ending! Danny sending Lucy off to ask Don questions made me laugh a little bit. :P I love how you've written the family being reunited too, as it's not overdone in any way. :D I realize that with my progress on my stories lately, I cant really ask you to write more stories soon, but I will ask anyway. :P Please? XD
Pat Shaw chapter 15 . 11/22/2012
I love a good AU and this was a great AU. Thank you for sharing!
cmaddict chapter 15 . 11/20/2012
I'm so sorry for the extreme lateness of this review. Hopefully I'll get a chance to chat with you and explain.

Anyway, that said, such a wonderful conclusion to this excellent story. I love the baby's name, and the scenes with Don and Jennifer (Jessica?) were so very well-written. It's a very satisfying ending, yet it makes me very sad as I won't be getting any more updates for it! Can't wait until your next endeavor!
Blue Shadowdancer chapter 15 . 11/18/2012
"Daddy says he doesn't know what babies like to eat for lunch but he said you would know 'cause you're a detective and you know all about lunch." AHAHAHAHA oh Danny and Don XD I can just see them doing this, and Lindsay catching on and being so pissed off XD And I'm pretty sure Stella will be more than willing to join in the game before too long :P

I really, really loved how you had Jennifer, at the beginning of finding her family rather than everything immediately being tied off happily. I especially liked the bit with her being unsure of how to deal with suddenly having two names, and Don reassuring her, and realising that he wants to grow up and settle down with her. And having it end on that conversation with Martha was really good, slightly sad but hopeful at the same time.

This has been a fantastic story - please believe me when I say that I have absolutely loved reading it, even though I have not been an especially prompt reviewer. The whole setting worked really well and you fit the characters in perfectly, with very much the feel of the time period. And all your little character details, and all the characters! I have loved this so much. Thank you for writing it!
Blue Shadowdancer chapter 14 . 11/18/2012
Baby! Stella's baby! I am overcome with the adorableness. Quite completely overcome. *Melts*

Oh dear, I can completely imagine Mac in full-on new father overprotectiveness. And Stella, insisting that she's NOT going to have her baby without him there XD XD I can just see that. Of course no one would dare to cross her right then! I loved them asking Flack to be the godfather to little Iris Rose, and his reaction. He will be wonderful, of course :)

And yay, the mystery is solved! I really liked how you did that. Of course that would be exactly the sort of small detail Sid would have noticed, and remembered from all those years ago, and the nature of the reveal was really in-keeping with the setting, I thought :)
Blue Shadowdancer chapter 13 . 11/18/2012
Eeee! Oh, this chapter was awesome. I loved the image of Don running through the storm like that, and Sid! I hoped you'd bring him in :) I really loved, too, how you did this chapter, with the focus on Danny and Don and them just being able to wait and worry. That was really good. And I loved the idea of Don's mother phoning up Danny to tell him off XD I can just imagine Danny's face!

Also, really loved that about Danny and Lindsay talking about things. Okay, you know all my Danny/Lindsay frustrations, and I won't rephrase them :P What I *will* rephrase is that I loved this chapter. Loved it lots and lots :D
Blue Shadowdancer chapter 12 . 11/18/2012
Stella! Aww, she is so snappy when fussed over. But oh no! This is dramatic!

And Don and Jennifer continue to be ADORABLE. They are perfect for each other - they both love food! :D I have been grinning massively at the cuteness of them. (I'm pretty sure everyone else in the house is shipping them, too.) Danny and Lindsey were again lovely, and with Lucy - I really like the dynamic you have with the three of them. They feel very much like a family - which may sound odd, but it's something I thought wasn't nearly so well done in the show. They really should have hired you as a writer for them!
Blue Shadowdancer chapter 11 . 11/18/2012
Seriously, I can only apologise for taking so long. I keep going, "But I don't have time to treat Lily's fic with the due attention and care it deserves!" and haven't yet learned that *this does not work*. And probably sounds really really stupid. With good reason.

Anyway! I love Lindsay, and how she was willing to apologise to Jennifer for snapping at her earlier. She needs all the hugs right now, and I'm glad she was getting them from Lucy and Danny. I did like the bit about Lucy being essentially impossible to wake up - I guess her house isn't the quietest of places! ;D

Speaking of other things that made me laugh: Don telling Jennifer he melts in the rain XD That is just so *him*.
263 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »