Reviews for Midsummer
Ballettmaus chapter 10 . 7/27/2012
I like how you balance panic and calm in this chapter. Lindsay is understandably panicked but you keep your feet planted firmly on the ground by having Jess and Don reassure her and be more calm, so the chapter doesn't feel overly dramatic. It feels just right with enough suspension and worry to keep the reader reading on!
Ballettmaus chapter 9 . 7/27/2012
So... finally... I had already forgotten about having promised to review :- Anyway, now I remembered. I like when Lucy interrupts and especially how she interrupts. I'm sure Don is thrilled to have been found ;-) I really enjoy the scene with Lucy, it's adorably cute.
I think it fits Don very well that he's got only vague memories of Romeo and Juliet. I bet he doesn't have a lot of memories of books in general. But that's Don and that's how I love him! He's a very real character and adorable to read whenever you write him.
It's also a good chapter to get to know the characters better especially for when you turn it into an original!
CreggaFoeseeker chapter 11 . 7/5/2012
ah relief. Can't wait for the next chapter. Until then.
Cregga
CreggaFoeseeker chapter 10 . 7/5/2012
oh thank God. You are... smart.
with a touch of cruelty. ;) JK.
Cregga
CreggaFoeseeker chapter 9 . 7/5/2012
oh no you didn't.
I knew you were gonna do this!
CreggaFoeseeker chapter 7 . 7/5/2012
mm-hmm. Knew it.
SMackedCaskett chapter 11 . 7/3/2012
So glad Lucy is safe - I was worried she might have been abducted.

I like how you wrote the dynamic between Don and 'Jennifer' :)
ChibiDawn23 chapter 11 . 6/25/2012
Were you slightly inspired by your recent weather during the ending of this chapter? That's kind of how it was this weekend here!

Ah, the thrill of suspense. I love that Jess isn't afraid of a little rain. I tell people, "You're sweet, but you're not made of sugar, you're not gonna melt, it's just rain!" :)
Lost in New York chapter 11 . 6/24/2012
Hi! Sorry for the late review, but here it is finally:) I love the story line, it goes (is that the right word?) very well and I love the little action in this story. You create well complitely another world with your words and it's easy to imagine all:) The end was the cutest, Danny carrying Lucy, oh how sweet and adoring:) Can't wait for the following update, I want to read more of their adventures! Great work!
afrozenheart412 chapter 11 . 6/23/2012
My favorite part of this was how they were all working together to get Lucy out of there AND how Lindsay apologized for her snapping at Jess and Don. There is never any weakness in admitting that your wrong, to me it only strengthens a friendship. :) Though I do understand Lindsay's reaction to Lucy being missing, I was surprised that Danny didn't take Lucy to task for scaring them and their friends by running off. Sure its a kid thing to do but in a new place where they don't know all of the places that she could be...its a very frightening situation to be in. Especially after that story on how a young girl was kidnapped years earlier. But WHEW!

I'm very happy that Lucy is okay, and I did laugh my head off with Don's explanation at how a pneumatic drill could be going and still wouldn't wake her. Yep that is my sister and I, we love our sleep. :D And I can see how the wheels are turning in Don's head as he is piecing it together on why a stranger would know all of the short cuts that Jess, excuse me, Jen knows, LOL! The mystery that they will eventually solve is weaving itself together nicely! :D Walking in the rain can be very romantic and fun, Don could use it as an excuse to 'warm' her up. ;D More please, this chapter is EXCELLENT!
webdlfan chapter 11 . 6/23/2012
Can't believe I didn't review this! I must have been reading it in my sleep :p, because I did read it almost immediately! XD I'm so glad Lucy's safe! While I didn't doubt otherwise, there was a fear that it wouldn't happen this chapter! Very sweet reunion with the family.

So, it doesn't seem that Jennifer's not the little girl that was lost ... and Don seems to be catching on.

But Lucy's poor little crowd of stuffed dolls! I hope someone rescued them! XD
conche chapter 11 . 6/21/2012
Well thank heavens Ms. Lucy is fine. And you even managed to get Lindsay to apologize, so I guess she's forgiven. I live in an area that gets very sudden rainstorms and I love your description because when you say "rent the clouds" and "concussion" in connection with thunder, I can well imagine what the conditions were like. And since it's 93F at 8:25 in the evening, I'm hoping for some concussions and renting of clouds tomorrow. In the meantime I will be looking forward to hearing about the next adventures of the houseguests in NY.
cmaddict chapter 11 . 6/21/2012
Sorry for the anonymous review... the site wouldn't let me log in! And sorry for the lateness of the review... I'm still in recovery mode! Such a fantastic chapter, though. I'm so glad Lucy is safe, and I loved your descriptions of the rescue attempt. I can't wait to see where this story goes next!
Strandstorken chapter 11 . 6/20/2012
I finally read the chapter and you really don't have anything to worry about, it's great! :D I'm glad the sort of cliffhanger in the last chapter didn't turn out to involve more danger and that Lucy was found unharmed. :D I also really liked Lindsay's reaction when she told Danny she'd lost Lucy for a little while. And of course the chemistry between Don and Jennifer is really well-written in this chapter, like in the others. :D
Crowded Angels chapter 11 . 6/17/2012
Glad Lucy was safe and love that Don's beginning to question and ruminate on Jennifer's reactions to certain things. Looking forward to him working it all out and what Jennifer will think!
263 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »