Reviews for Darker Than Black: Generation New
maakkel chapter 26 . 11/21/2014
I would like to say that I really enjoyed this story. You said at chapter 1 you wanted to give your readers the feel of watching another episode; it worked!
During a conversation with another fan of the show, who have yet to read this story, I by accident mentioned scenes, characters and more from this story... as canon material.
Aerysa chapter 26 . 6/30/2014
Yahoo! I finally reached the ending! That said, I'm a little disappointed, and happy at the same time! It was too good for it to finish, so I'm really glad there's a sequel for it! :)

I really like how close the feel is to the original series, though it did get a little confusing with all the time jumps/flashbacks - exactly like it is in the anime. Each scene was well thought out and I love all the details of it. I have NO idea how you kept it all straight, though I suppose you could write it all down.

I realize that you were trying to keep it similar to the original with Shoji as the Saitou counterpart, but I really found myself cheering for him, even if he was a perverted creep towards Megumi. It was so "elementary school" with him (annoying the girl you like); it was cute. So in that sense, I'm disappointed that she ended up with the other guy, cuz he didn't really show up much in the entire thing. We weren't given much of a chance to come to like him.

It took me a while to realize the Wei-Jackal parallel too - silly me. And of course, Madame O is always that creepy cool. Lol! Oh, and even though I knew some of the stuff that was going to happen (this being a second reading for majority of the chapters), I still felt myself getting emotional over scenes - namely Saitou's death, and Charlie's death.

Really well done! There were errors here and there, but I didn't write anything down since I just wanted to get through the story. More of the usual with wrong words for similar words, or missing words. I'll be more diligent with the new story when I go through!
Aerysa chapter 4 . 6/29/2014
So here I am, rereading this from the beginning since it had been so long anyways. I really didn't want to say anything until I reached the end but I don't read that fast. The goal is to finish since I have an extra couple days off.

I can't remember if I pointed out mistakes the first time around, but there are still quite a few here and there. Since I'm mass reviewing a few chapters here, I can't tell you which part exactly. (I really didn't want to say anything, but I won't be able to sleep if I don't!)

Words that are similar, but wrong (wrong- right):
mist - midst, miner - minor, brads - broads, volt - vault, shuttered - shuddered, quotation - exclamation (mixed up your punctuation marks)
Sorry it's not actually in order of chapters.

A suggestion for dialogue, but when it gets lengthy, you should include who's talking every so often. At least one scene you didn't, so the flow of it was disrupted for me since I was trying to figure out who was speaking. My general rule of thumb is to mark who is speaking every 3 or 4 quotes. Also, people do more than just "speak". You use "said" a lot; try using different descriptors - said, replied, questioned, declared, inquired, remarked, stated, asked, shouted, demanded, etc.

An overall criticism, which I might have said in the past, but you should work on your sentence structure. More accurately, the variation of sentence structure. I know you're trying to include description, which I applaud you for. At the same time, it's quite predictable. I know the characters are minor, so they won't get much screen time. But you always describe everyone (and maybe everything) like a list. It's way more obvious with characters where you describe their appearance from head to toe.

Just challenging you to try and broaden it a bit so it's not so monotonous. Okay, and I'll be back to read more later!
Destinies Entwined chapter 26 . 3/1/2014
Well, my friend, yet another epic adventure comes to a close. Thank you for that! You always put your all into a story. And each and every one has relentlessly satisfied. GenNew was no exception! Job incredibly well done! :-)
Tityuio chapter 26 . 2/20/2014
Fun chapter! At first when I read the moment with the old man I thought it was Hei seeing Megumi naked. That would be hilarious! :)

I'm a little disappointed that Hei left Hizumi so easily, even thought he did try to take him from Madame Oreille. I hate that woman! She's like the queen of the deceivers and liars.

Including Fukazawa and KB101 in the chapter was awesome! I only miss Amber. I wish you had more stories with her and Hei.

By the way, does Hizumi know that Oreille tricked Hei to kill his mommy? What he feels towards Cho? Is Cho named after Cho from Harry Potter's books? Sorry, I just love to know every story in details.

Anyway, I said everything I want in the last review so for now I'm waiting for the sequel! Hurry up! Bye-bye!
A.J. Sawyer chapter 26 . 2/18/2014
Well you already know that I love each one of your chapters so I don't have to repeat it.

Fukazawa, huh?! And you mentioned Riku in the previous chapters! They bring memories! You must love those characters, and I miss Marcile. You have to make a sequel to Past Disaster as well. Please!

I love how Hizumi said "How about arresting me?" and the end with O and Mao pictures! Mao and Hizumi are so funny!

The entire story was perfect! Everything was described in details, although I'd want to see a little more of Hizumi and Megumi, but I'll count on the sequel for that. Lol!

Man, I don't know what I'll do until the sequel! How much time you think that the sequel will take? I love your writing. You know it. It helped me a lot years ago. So thank you about writing all of your stories.

Best wishes!

Alison
Dear4Life chapter 26 . 2/17/2014
What a fun Chapter!
I loved how Hizumi held his hands out and was like, "How about arresting me."
And he is like his father. Haha. Digging a hole under a cherry tree. Poor Mao.

Great story! You outdid yourself on this one. Looking forward to the sequel and more Hizumi and Megumi.
Bodom's Nightmare chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
I have to say I'm really enjoying this story so far. It definitely has a feel very similar to the actual anime, and I like how it's coming so far. The only thing bothering me is the sentence structure and grammar; often I had to reread sentences to understand them, or change a few words mentally for it to sound right. But this hardly hinders, and I can't wait to see what happens in the next chapters.
DTBgirl chapter 2 . 1/7/2014
I just want to say that this is absolutely perfect! I love it, this is just too cool! Thank you for writing this!
A.J. Sawyer chapter 25 . 1/7/2014
Very interesting chapter with a lot of action scenes! Great job with the whole story and the characters! I love this chapter so much! It's awesome every time you update it. I love GN, but Past Disaster is my top in the list.

Game Show, hey! This funny short story is so hilarious! I'm pleased that Jackal is finally dead and Hei revenged him after all those years. I also love how Hei grabbed his son and shouted at him to go help Megumi! It was so surprising and emotional! It's true that those twenty - seven years had been rough for Hei, but at least they gave him Hizumi.

I knew Shoji loved Megumi! They're like Misaki and Saitou. Megumi was clueless for his feelings and he teased her all the time. The final scene is exactly like in the series! I can picture Yoko Kanno's music and I like it.

Great job! It's kind of sad that there will be only one more chapter, but it's also good, because we'll see what is about to happen. Post it as fast as you can!
Dear4Life chapter 25 . 1/6/2014
I think Tityuio said it best. You're Amazing! There is not much I can add to that except I will try my best to keep promoting this story. We knew you wouldn't get as many readers because of BK-201's death, but this story deserves so much more attention than what I have been able to give it. This story is on tops with Bones. Congratulations!

I'm assuming the next chapter will be fun, like the real episode 26. Can't wait for it.
Keep up the amazing work!

Hizumi and Megumi FTW! ;)
Tityuio chapter 25 . 1/6/2014
WOW! Everything I can say is WOW! I'm kidding. I have many things to say.

Very interesting, adorable, amazing, awesome, great, epic and lovely chapter! I totally love it! Especially with the fast update!

Finally Hei showed that he cares for his son! The moment he said to Hizumi to help Megumi and his talk with Madame O were my favorite moments! Although Hei didn't kill Oreille, I'm happy that he took his revenge on Jackal! But their is one more chapter to go and maybe...you know. ;)

He deserves it! The father/son relationship finally showed! YEEES! The action in this chapter was so much and battles made us feel as though we are watching DTB! Excellent job! :)

I can't even imagine what's to be torn between two men and stressful life. Poor Megumi! She has to be with Hizumi, but Amber's warning keeps her from it! That's sad! Hope she'll find the right guy and a peaceful life! But I don't think that Madame O will let her. Guess I'll have to wait to find out.

Anyway, I love the entire chapter! I enjoyed it very much and you totally excited me, making my day better. :)

During the last two years and half (almost three) you don't stop to amaze me with your creative mind and original ideas. All of your stories are awesome and for me they are the best for this fandom. Each one of them is special in its own way. Past Disaster is touching and romantic and somehow makes the readers feel happy and sad for Hei, Amber and Harry. Generation New is dark, mysterious and sad. It makes me think about somethings in life: Like if the career is more important that the life and if wanting to protect someone we actually hurt him or her. Sentimental Black Reaper is romantic, fun, touching, epic and shows us that the color of the skin, our race, believes, religion and others aren't important because we're all human beings and anything is possible. Game Show, Misaki's Vacation, Misuzu's Bad Day and the rest of your stories are hilarious and they make me laugh every time I read them.

You have a gift to write like no one else here has. It's truly fantastic. When I read any of your stories I'm feeling like I can feel what's happening, because the feelings and emotions are described very well and that's an important part when someone read it. You have a HUGE imagination! I don't know how you do it, but you always impress and surprise me with your chapters. It awesome sensation.

THANK YOU for giving us all of this, for sharing it with us! :)
Destinies Entwined chapter 24 . 1/3/2014
That REALLY just Happened, didn't it. She's gone. I love that her final words were to him. Mike...I just sighed...it made me smile and teary at the same time. So A Propos...And my poor, poor light saber lesbian. Dammit...

Dude, Megumi better get her shizz together and let Hizumi and Hei help her... for REAL. She's running out of allies.

Happy New Year, babe! Thanks for a monumental chapter. You must be nearing the end of this, huh? With people dropping like flies...something's got to give...
A.J. Sawyer chapter 24 . 12/29/2013
So sad, but awesome chapter! I absolutely adore this chapter! It's so heartbreaking, touching and leaves us in suspense for the next chapter! I feel sorry for Megumi! :( She had been through so much and she still suffers after all. It was very sad that Misaki passed, but The Old Falls while the New Rises. Hee hee!

The same is for Hizumi! I can't understand why Megumi had to slap him at the end. It was completely stupid for her to do it, but I guess the pain she feels has something to do with it! However, I can't imagine how Hizumi feels. The last paragraph really made me shiver. The quiet way he left her without saying anything else...it shows how hurt and devastated he feels, if you ask me!

Love the past scenes! Update soon! :)
Tityuio chapter 24 . 12/28/2013
When I opened my email I didn't expect to see another chapter from you, but when I saw (I know it's crazy) I screamed for a few seconds. ;) Another super interesting chapter is upon us! YES! You updated so fast. Loved that!

Very dark and sad chapter! I definitely didn't expect Misaki to die. That was so sad moment, especially for Megumi! A mother giving her life so her daughter could live...I love very much scenes like this one, even thought they're very sad and upsetting. But they show the women's strong will, and Misaki is an excellent example for it! All these years she had been so psychically strong, you know, she lost her two years old son, her third love Ruki, had to deal with Charlie, but she STILL kept fighting until her last breathe. I just wonder what was this dark-skinned old man... ;)

Oh, my poor Hizumi...He's always the one that tries to the right thing and he always is rejected! No wonder he has so much anger inside himself! No one seem to love him! Neither Hei, neither Megumi...NO ONE! I'm surprised he hadn't tried to kill himself yet! He is such a gentle man (I'm not talking that he is handsome with blue eyes and other girly stuff...), a good soul and if it wasn't Hei I bet he would have been a loving and awesome son! Megumi doesn't care about his feelings! That is what I hate about her! She thinks that just because he is the son of BK201 he is the same lunatic like his father, but she is wrong and I'm surprised she didn't figure it out! I mean she doesn't (or didn't) want to be like her mother for some obvious reasons, and she has to understand Hizumi better than anyone else! Please, please, please, please, please, please, please give Hizumi a HAPPY ending!

Speaking about Hizumi again, I'm trying to imagine what his life is. A dead mother, a father he hates, a woman which doesn't appreciates his deep feelings towards him and another woman (Oreille) which uses him as a marionette. It feels like the whole world is against him and I bet he feels unloved and despised! You know, it would be interesting if you write a short story or one-shot from Hizumi's point view...something about him and Hei maybe...some scenes from their past... :)