Reviews for I'm Trying
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
I'm starting to think that perhaps my obsession with Regulus is getting out of hand, but I was just skimming down your profile and I saw his name and couldn't resist.

And what a lovely fic it is. I don't mind my lack of resistance :D

Regulus/Lily is interesting – not something I've ever considered before, yet you've done it so well.

The fact that she doesn't recognize him is interesting. Struck me as somewhat odd, but perhaps that's just me.

The writing is, as always, fantastic.

I love the "I'm trying" from Regulus, because that's really how he is, at the end.

(*_*)
JPLE chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Must you always challenge my perfect James/Lily coupling? It's really quite distressing!

Haha, anyway...moving on with actually useful comments. Again, (I feel like I am becoming rather repetitive, sorry) I loved the chaste-ness of the relationship. Lily is in character and in canon, but still has the ability to engage in something little more than friendly. You, of course, still comply with the challenge requirements. It's astounding.

I liked the inclusion of Bellatrix, and the context provided by the Death Eater's meeting, although I wasn't sure about the immediacy of Regulus going straight from the meeting to Potter's house if he was so worried about being tracked/found out by the Death Eaters. Being a Slythin I just imagine him to have a bit more self preservation.

Undoubtably the biggest problem I have with this is Sirius telling Regulus the whereabouts of the Potters. Aside from the fact that Sirius is a very committed friend, and clearly ceased trusting his family members after running out on them, I just can't see Sirius maintaining any relationship with his Death Eater brother. It's clear from the books that Sirius thought Regulus to be stupid in joining the cause, and in that case, he may not have outright hated him, but I definitely don't think he would have chosen to continue to speak to his brother, especially on issues like that.

Sirius, especially in the books, is shown to be a bit of a rash and bitter character when it comes to his family. I struggle with the notion that he wouldn't have viewed Regulus with that same distain.

Anyway, aside from that, it was well thought out. The settings are all different, and all compatible with the characters, which is nice.

And I forgot to mention in all my other reviews, but your correct grammar is a refreshing change from some of the stories I've read on the forum :) Kudos!
craizypet chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
poor poor regulus...
Kiryn chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
This couple needs more love, damn it. Even in its unrequited version.

So, my brain is dead, and this isn't going to be a fantastic review, and for that I'm sorry, because you certainly deserve it. So, briefly, because I need to go to sleep: awesome job. and all my love goes to this couple. :)
Asking Me Where My Love Grows chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
OH MY GOSH, the tears. );

Anyways, I love that it was a one-sided kind of thing and that Lily was just kissing him in thanks instead of, like, eating his face off in a fit of passion or something.

I can't really see Lily loving anyone except James, honestly.

Gosh, I love Regulus so much. His backstory thing in Deathly Hallows with Kreacher and the poison makes me cry every freaking time. I really wish it would have been in the movie...

- sob -

OH REGULUS, LET ME LOVE YOU!

anyway, I liked this. :)

nice job, hun. Good luck with Lily/Peter!
obsessivegirl73 chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Awww poor Reggie. That's certainly an interesting pairing to write, good job! XD