Reviews for Brothers In Arms
Sonar chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
I liked that one.
Gildir chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
Usually angst-ridden stories about the Ghostbusters make me feel uncomfortable - they are, after all, characters introduced in a comedy movie who went on to star in a Saturday morning cartoon show. But this story's excellence is such that no such objection can be made. It helps that it's largely an internal monologue for Winston, and that there isn't much interaction between the characters except for Winston and Ray, whose big scene together in the original movie was atypically serious anyway. Since Ray is my favorite Ghostbuster, I especially like the way this story reveals a great deal about him, too (and acknowledges his high intelligence, an aspect of his character that can too easily become lost).

Unlike many fan fiction writers, and indeed Aykroyd and Ramis themselves, apparently, when they came to write the second movie, Enfleurage actually cares about Winston and is able to extrapolate his character convincingly from the canonical material. I especially enjoyed the little touches that show the author's deep familiarity with the Ghostbusters phenomenon, such as the comments about Winston's last name and Ray's habit of saying "Thank God".

What's especially awe-inspiring, but perhaps not all that surprising, is that Enfleurage is also the author of the hilarious "RGB Primer".
Soappuppy chapter 1 . 10/5/2004
M. Ya done good, kiddo. Lovely, tight story, great choice of character perspective, good grasp of vocabulary, great descriptive voice, nice personality touches.

Yum. :)
Fire Frog chapter 1 . 4/23/2004
It's one in the morning on a cold Australian night, and I just sweated through that entire story. I 'lived' the thing, and that's a compliment! Love this story!
b7-kerravon chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
LOVE this story; one of the very few told from Winston's perspective for a change. Nice!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
Dark, but hopeful. Truly beautiful...
lucidscreamer chapter 1 . 8/21/2002
Another wonderful story, well-written as usual. :) I enjoyed reading it.
whiptail chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
Jeez, no body's reviewed this story yet? Definitely well done!