Reviews for Distorted
Mendai Decovrii chapter 15 . 12/21/2013
Oh, no! How are they going to get out of this one? I'm so excited and curious to see the end.
Just out of curiosity, is this inspired in any way by CS Lewis' "The Silver Chair"? The whole idea of a boy being poisoned by a witch (in this case a demon-thing) to forget who he is a do dreadful things all the while believing that his true self is an illusion seems very similar. Not a criticism - it actually makes the story more interesting for me ;)
Anyway, me like-y 3
Guest chapter 38 . 7/2/2013
love this!
Neshomeleh chapter 38 . 12/26/2012
Not much of a plot here, but a lot of hurt Dean and that is good enough once in a while:)
WinJennster chapter 38 . 12/18/2012
Damn perfect! Just awesome! Glad I found this little gem and I think you were right to stop when you did. I really enjoyed this a lot
Sahkess chapter 38 . 9/2/2012
Absolutely incredible story! I loved the concept, introducing the show's demon blood in a whole new way. Loved diving into Dean's head, seeing what was going on through his eyes, and piecing the story together from there. Of course, I loved the whumping Dean :) I especially like that you had Sam stay through Dean's detox, knowing it's hard for him but he does it anyway.

The short chapters were actually perfect, I could get my fix for when I didn't have a lot of time to read.

Thanks for the great read!
MeAzrael chapter 38 . 8/20/2012
Awwwwwwwww! That's it. Of course it'll take much more time for them to really be ok, but in my humble opinion it's the perfect ending to an extraordinary story.

"His eyes start to droop as he focuses on the rise and fall of his brother's breathing, as he matches his own in tandem. In and out. In and out. He gets lost in it, the warmth of his brother's hand on his, the life he feels enter and exit Sam's body. He's alive and he's there. Sam's okay.

It's calming. Peaceful."

Loved it. Thank you again for this story (I guess I'll get the price for the slowest reader ever, but that made it all the more intense) - I'll remember it for a long time.

I hope everything is fine with you.
Take care

MeAzrael chapter 37 . 8/20/2012
Aw - I feel better just reading Bobby's name. Pretty clever idea, having Dean listen to the phone call to figure out what happened to him and to Sam. Of course there's an Olympic-like torch to ignite Dean's sense of guilt... And Sam forced to tie his brother down - that tells something about how desperate he must've been.

MeAzrael chapter 35 . 8/20/2012
See? You do it all the time. Lulling me into treachery peace just to slit my throat with another hallucination. And now John - of course, he must inhabit such a huge part of Dean's heart and soul, he had to come out and say Hello :-)

Loved how Dean instantly calmed down feeling his brother's hand on his forehead.

MeAzrael chapter 34 . 8/20/2012
"His body spasms as he is all too soon brought back from the relatively peaceful darkness and thrust into the pulsating light, the one that strums a brilliant chord of agony under his closed lids."
Seriously, I AM worried why I love that stuff so much... severe soul damage, huh? Then again, it's probably because you are spicing it up with lines like that: "He just wants Sam to go away and leave him alone. It's ass backwards is what it is. He wants him to wake up just so he can let him go back to sleep? Is that the kind of logic you learn in college?" And while I'm still snickering things go from bad to worse in no time at all and Dean's throwing punches with a freshly cut hand to his brother not even knowing it.

Argh - how the hell should I choose the right mood? It's changing so fast...

:D Loved it. Obviously!

MeAzrael chapter 33 . 8/20/2012
Why can't he simply see white mice, like other people? Okay, he isn't like other people, and I just love too much what you do to him!
Like his hallucinations constantly overlapping with reality, for example. Seeing her and hearing Sam's voice. Peachy! The slit in her throat, the stream of blood, the cinema 3D version of his guilt-driven soul playing with him - a whole new level of hell.

I was somehow melting when Sam was talking about the panic room, his visions, how he should've known better - oh yes, I guess that's the worst: if you lose your ability to see people how they are, imprisoned by your own needs and thoughts and fears.

I know I said this about a thousand times, but you are writing this brilliantly. Very vivid, with a texture you can almost see and smell and feel. This small, cautions smile on Dean's lips when he's standing under the shower listening - and he can't hear her anymore, and then the smell... chilling!

Guest chapter 38 . 8/16/2012
Interesting.
MeAzrael chapter 32 . 8/8/2012
I'm so torn between laughing out loud and cringing at Dean's desperation and disorientation.
"Okay, there it is, just like freakin' clockwork. The eye roll and... wait for it… uh-huh, there it is… the patented Sammy Winchester sigh." **Chuckle** It's so nasty of you to make me chuckle when he's feeling so bad! **Pouting**

Oh, and on top of that you do THIS to me: "When he faces himself again he feels a burn deep inside as he follows the pattern of the water, as it drips from his face down his neck, his chest and his stomach before its journey stops and is absorbed into the waistband of his jeans." Can I have it? In slow motion? Live or on the screen? Please?

And then, when I'm vulnerable and disorientated myself, you leave me with a cliffy like that?

I knew it. That's the hand of the master.

MeAzrael chapter 31 . 8/8/2012
Can't stay abstinent any longer - neeeeeed my shot of "Distorted"!

Oh Dorothy, I know, it's a really weird way to enjoy your story, but be sure: I DO enjoy it, everytime I read a new chapter. This is such a thrilling battle inside Dean Winchester - and as bad as I feel for him, it's just so much fun. Christ, we ARE sick people :-)

Frightening look on how he slowly but surely falls apart, losing his sense of time and space and... himself. Love how his mind always comes back to the only juice that is of importance now, and you put this in words so incredibly true and intense. Although: what I love is that his inner voice is still kind of cocky, trying to take it easy - and utterly failing. "No, he doesn't think relaxation is on the menu. In fact, that's about the furthest one he'd pick out of about a million that are floating around in his head. He figures he'll start off with an appetizer of agitation followed by anxiety and to top it off, a main entree of out of his fricken mind!"

Awesome.

TheBigChillQueen chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
I forgot you were on here haha XD Now I don't have to wait to read more of this story X3 yay!

:D Loving it so by by the 1st 2 chaps u put on deviantART and am anxious to continue X3
MeAzrael chapter 30 . 6/27/2012
Speaking of addicted people - hi, I'm Kate, I'm addicted to this story - obviously. I keep coming back, not matter how long it takes me :-) Well, no surprise at all, it's just to darn good to keep your fingers off... or your eyes.

"His boots, his jeans, his jacket and his hands are covered in the red stuff. He watches in fascination as one drop of blood dances and bobs precariously from the end of the blade before it finally succumbs to gravity and lets go to splash and meld into the river that is at his feet. He has never appreciated the beauty of it before. He's never taken the time to look at or notice the patterns that the liquid makes on the ground, on his knife… on him."

Goodness gracious, that's dangerous stuff - it'll be a hard battle for the health of his mind. Still, I can understand how she got him hooked with exactly these thoughts - how could there be another possibility to be in peace with himself? Because like you said:

"He sighs as the disappointment he knows he shouldn't feel rolls through him. He can't help it. He doesn't want to face the truth. He wants to be able to feel nothing but satisfaction and accomplishment about the job they do and the blood they spill." Exactly! Love what you created!