Reviews for Touch
Nightingale63 chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
I liked this very much; this window into Blaine's ruminations is so well done, and functions well as a missing scene, showing what led up to his courageous talk with Burt.
DiDiGlee chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
This is absolutely brilliant! Love love LOVE it!

Blaine's confusion about why Kurt would try to watch those movies to learn about sex when there is much more valuable information on the internet. This idea never occured to me.

And then Blaine's thoughts about how Kurt isn't just uncomfortable with the idea of sex but actually fears it!

And the mention of their different shields due to bullying,

Kurt: his fabulous outfits, his endless sarcasm, his fierce pride

Blaine: dapperness and charm

I love Blaine's pondering on the importance of touch and his feelings for Kurt and aaaaaaaaahhh just everything. It's amazing how you captured Blaine's feelings and his final motivation to go to Burt.
ficdirectory chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
Just watched this episode which makes this story all the more powerful! Love Blaine's thought process and insight into Kurt's fear. Another great story!
jory7elefant chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
This is really amazing! Usually fics without dialogue bore me to death, but this was really deep and fitting for the story. You really nailed Blaine's character, I can definitely see him thinking these kinds of things. I highly enjoyed this, keep up the great work!
trufflemores chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
I really enjoyed this. Not only is your writing style very accessible and understandable, it also it's also thought-provoking. I liked your interpretation on Blaine's reaction to the whole 'sexy faces' fiasco. (Which, Blaine should have realized, was rather doomed from the start, since purposefully making genuine 'sexy' faces is impossible.) The way he considered Kurt's feelings was both mature and sweet: it reflected how much he cares about Kurt since he doesn't just get irritated that Kurt would shut him out of a necessary conversation. (Since Kurt *does* need to know eventually, even if the person to talk to him wasn't Blaine (which would probably have been incredibly awkward, to say the least).)

Your theory about how Kurt shields himself from showing his emotions in order to protect them is interesting. It's definitely apparently in the show-the times when Kurt is being harassed, you can just *see* his expression closing off, all those emotions tucked away under this isolated mask. He looks so alone, and I've always found the scene where he's sitting by the lockers in his canary yellow jacket to be a very defining moment for him. Not only is it a reflection on the despair and isolation he's feeling, it's also a very apt summary about how he closes himself off. He doesn't get up and walk away; he doesn't go after Karofsky; he just sits on the floor and tucks his knees up to his chest. I really think you hit the nail on the head with this: he hides his emotions to protect them, especially when he's distressed. When everything's smooth sailing, he's free to share his opinion, but whenever important or difficult situations arise, it's clear that he closes himself off, to varying degrees.

I'm really pleased with how you ended this as well: Blaine's decision to talk with Burt in order to talk to Kurt. It offers a new perspective on that (since Blaine's self-deprecating 'I'm sorry if I'm overstepping' was rather accurate, given he was telling his gay friend's father that he needed to give his son the talk), one which I haven't really read before. I doubt that Blaine had anything but honest intentions when he did that (as is demonstrated by the fact that he's willing to admit he may have overstepped) and I'm happy to see that element of it reflected here. Blaine is, if nothing else, honest: he doesn't hide his fear that he might be bisexual from Kurt, even if he knows it might upset him; he doesn't hesitate to say that Kurt looks like he's having 'gas pains' when he deliberately tries to make sexy faces; and he rambles about Jeremiah when they're at the Gap before they perform.

It's refreshing to read a one-shot well-rounded and thought-provoking. I had not considered Blaine's angle of the situation, so it was nice reading it from someone else's consideration. Added to my favorites! :)

truffles
perchance to wake chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
That was really good. Well written, and a very believable insight into Blaine's motivations in 'Sexy'. So, yeah, it was awesome :D I loved it. Poor Blaine though, having to go and face the awkward silences of a conversation with Burt Hummel about gay sex... :P

K
rthstewart chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
I don't know the characters or the verse, but this was lovely and so very gentle. I love the observation about Hollywood musicals and the single touch being so alluring. Well done my friend.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Awesome fanfic, thank you xx
Kassia Lirret chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
That was so beautiful. It touched me in a way only very few stories have. This was about sex and being sexy, without having that allure. I felt more like I was learning and intimate piece about Blaine's life without him knowing. As if these were his true thoughts.

Bravo. Keep writing.
WickedForGood13 chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Wonderful! You just have a way of getting inside these characters' heads and exposing their emotions, while also revealing some truths about us, as well :)

And I agree - what were the writers thinking when they made Blaine a junior and Kurt a senior? All of season 2, everything I read made Blaine sound - if anything - older than Kurt. So, who knows? Maybe they're just trying to add unnecessary drama to their relationship.

Cheers, WFG13