Reviews for The Secret Keeper
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
love hetty's POV, great idea to combine both sides in this story
daughter of ewan chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Great snippet into a very troubling time for them.

Making Hetty's thoughts in italics does make it seem somewhat in a dreamstate; it's her thinking that makes it so much more dramatic. If she was sharing these with another it would no longer be HER secret HER burden.

Well done
Peonywinx chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
Wow, this is good. Very angsty indeed. But it's so them. This explains why Hetty decided to release one secret, to tell Callen about his mother in Backstopped and Deadline. It also stays very true to Callen's character, his inability to leave anything concerning his past and his family alone.

The format worked very well, actually. It shows both sides, both their thoughts and decisions without becoming too much. The way they're interspersed makes for an interesting read. I like how Hetty's reflections are in italics, indicating that they're merely thoughts, and the scene with Callen and Sam is happening in real time, so to speak.

Really well done on this one. Keep up the good work!
TwilightPony21 chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Nice little one-shot! I love Callen and Hetty and the stories surrounding both of them. I think the format worked just fine, and you did a great job of writing Callen's anger, and I could just see Hetty sitting there with her cup of tea and her thoughts.
justdreaming-83 chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
I really enjoyed this. Perfect timing, too. The intrigue from the season opener is still fresh on my mind so I just soaked this up like a sponge. Hetty is such a mysterious character and you wrote her so well. (I get the feeling she has been watching Callen his whole life, maybe even the one who penned the entries of all of Callen's homes in the journal from the end of season 1? And I think Nate knew, maybe?) Anyway, your wonderful writing got all of those thoughts stirred up again. Thanks!

Interaction between Sam and Callen was perfect. Sam is so rough and so gentle at the same time. I think he wants to shake some sense into G sometimes but does not want to lose him; knows G will just pull back. (Sometimes I want to shake him, too.)

Anyway, I have a tendency to go on and on when a writer hits that perfect spot of my little brain and gets me to thinking. Thanks again for sharing this story.
lizard1969 chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Absolutely brilliant. You've really nailed Hetty's motivation for the secrets she's keeping. The interaction between G and Sam, spot on. I could actually visualise it as I was reading it.

The last scene provided a lot of spring board material and you did a fantastic job!