Reviews for Dark Star
hotflower901 chapter 8 . 10/16/2011
I had a friend like Jack. You would not discount on a member because they slept with Tracy. That would have discounted to many hot guys.
hotflower901 chapter 7 . 10/16/2011
Tosh would be impressed by Sherlock. Owen would just be annoyed.
Quiet Time chapter 11 . 10/15/2011
I've always wanted someone to stand up to Holmes (Watson was always such a wuss!) and I can't think of anyone better than Ianto! Lovely stuff.
cjh4ever chapter 11 . 10/14/2011
Read these two chapters together. Liked the character moments with Ianto, Sherlock and Jack. I think Jack understand the Welshman better :-) Good to see Tosh and Owen a bit more, both add something to the mix. And I've only just realised Gwen has not been around - funny, I didn't miss her ... Excellent twist in solving the mystery although, to be honest, I think the TW team should have been able to work that out for themselves. But then we wouldn't have had Sherlock and that would have been a pity.
PCJanto chapter 11 . 10/14/2011
WOW,that was amazing,i definately didn't see that coming,Brilliant move having the Dark Star being secretly own by Torchwood
Whatever0123 chapter 10 . 10/13/2011
Sherlock really can be a handful and I am glad Ianto called him on his attitude. That alsways did miff me a little with him and Watson.

And nice to see that Jack cares.
Mc Parrot chapter 9 . 10/13/2011
Hi Hun, can you handle some concrit? Hope so, cause you're getting it.

There are a few things here hard to follow. I assumed everyone knew about Jack and Ianto so it was a bit of a wtf moment there as I figured out they didn't, and that in turn ruined what could have been a fun scene. You needed some reference earlier as to where in the main story arc (or your universe) they are. Like a reference to the fairies the other day, or Ianto just back from suspension, or a look between Jack and Ianto and an internal about hoping the others haven't noticed, something like that..

Okay, other stuff, your scene changes need to show up as distinct changes. Not helped by ffnet formating which looses extra lines between pieces. I use a line of TWTWTWTWTW between scenes for mine. I thought Gwen and Owen were discussing why Ianto would have been woken up when he and Jack were still in the room.

And otherwise you're good. Your writing has improved hugely since I started reading your work. (and confession, I didn't actually use to read much of your early stuff).

More. Now. (not tomorrow)

cheers

Jill
cjh4ever chapter 9 . 10/13/2011
The TW team are the most unobservant lot in the whole of Cardiff. And even when Jack and Ianto's relationship is pointed out they don't believe it - stupid lot. Loved Owen's distrust of Jack, very in character, and Tosh's more considered response later. One request, could you signal more clearly when the location changes from boardroom, to cell, to work area - it was a tad confusing.
Mc Parrot chapter 8 . 10/12/2011
Okay, caught up and want more.

I wouldn't dare try and write Sherlock Holmes. Far too complex a character. But you're doing well.
bookwyrm31 chapter 6 . 10/12/2011
I like how you write Torchwood but Sherlock seemed OOC to me. But I really enjoyed the story, and wouldn't even mind to much if Sherlock was replaced with an OC of a different name.
cjh4ever chapter 8 . 10/11/2011
The plot thickens nicely. Sherlock's observations are spot on, as always, and Ianto is a good foil for him. Looking forward to seeing the meeting - how are Jack and Sherlock going to hit it off?
SnarkyHunter chapter 7 . 10/10/2011
Brilliant, as ever! You've once again nailed the characterization, this time with Sherlock. I think the highlight of this chapter was his telling-off of Owen. Thought it was hilariously apt (and well-deserved, as I've always thought Owen was a total jerk.)

The dynamic between Sherlock and Ianto is very well-played in general, and I'm glad that you've included Tosh, too.

By the way, loved the fact that Sherlock can see through perception filters, and the Bond villain jokes, and that Ianto reads Christie. All were lovely little highlights, and very fitting.
cjh4ever chapter 7 . 10/10/2011
Great description of Sherlock 'doing his thing'. Nice to see Ianto keeping up with him, or almost.
PCJanto chapter 7 . 10/10/2011
WOW,Ianto and Sherlock working together is awesome, love how Sherlock shut Owen down,and has his own style which only Ianto can understand,can't wait to read more
Jessie Blackwood chapter 6 . 10/9/2011
Am really liking this story. It's your best yet imho.
55 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »