Reviews for The End of the Tracks
Rahmi chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
I love your take on Susan. The small lines we got of her in the books never quite sat well with me; out of all the siblings, Susan was who I wanted to know more about, who's story was not finished in the end of the series.

I love how you've written her heart-break and her love for her siblings, even when they couldn't understand her and she couldn't understand them. And I love her mourning process, how 9 months was right for her because weeks were too short and years were too long.

All in all, I think it's the perfect Susan story.
Belle of Books chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
This is heartbreaking. And one of the best I've ever read about Susan. You have her down. Her heartbreak, her emotions...they are so Susan. My heart breaks for her. And I LOVE your Edmund. I love that paragraph where you say that he is a bit of each of them. Very very nice. I love it.
Willow chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
This is absolutely beautiful and depressingly realistic. I first saw this when I was going through a deeply depressed/suicidal time, so I knew it probably wouldn't be a good idea to read it all the way through then in case it might trigger something. But it's stayed in the back of my mind and I've finally come back to it, hoping for some answers to help me make sense of my life. For I am Susan. Loss of faith, not asking for help, covering up everything, the feeling of lostness. But I've found that, having once seen bluer skies, I cannot be satisfied with the complete lack of something spiritual, though it seems impossible for me to return again. And I feel so lost. I can't come to the conclusion Susan did, and I'm a little surprised that she was able to reach it, having been a queen and all. Being satisfied with the here and now would be so difficult after that.

But I don't mean to criticize your work. I am reviewing to say you've written Susan's struggle and the reactions of the people around her wonderfully, so much so that I think you are acquainted with what I have gone/am going through. It takes bravery and vulnerability to do that, and I admire you for it. It's too raw and hurtful for me to go there in my writing. My heart goes out to you, friend. I wish you the happiness that you seek.

P.S. I absolutely loved Edmund in here. He is my favorite in the books as well, so thank you for portraying him so faithfully.
Heliopause chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Wow! There is so much to admire in this story. The mountain is a really gripping image - and really like a dream too. The stone-weighted pockets were a brilliant telegraph of what was coming, the parts about the letters had such brilliant phrases: "the wasted envelopes" is so full of meaning about Susan and wartime and family letters, and "writing him only of feelings that can cross the narrow bridge left between them" - oh, I know about that! Too much that was good to go picking out more bits and pieces. (Do you want typos noted? there were a couple - 'chick' for 'cheek' was one.)

It's a brilliant working through of Susan - and Edmund's almost-enough empathy, and a terrific delineation of the implacable rightness of Peter and Lucy. Thank you.

(I see I've said "brilliant" more than once. :) Sorry about that - tried to stop but it was the word which fitted best!)
Clio1792 chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
This is excellent, thoughtful, and sad. Susan's ambivalence and alienation from her siblings is marvelously done, as is their sad sense of tragedy over the separation. and a fantastic finish.

Clio1792
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Oh my god. This was absolutely heartbreaking. And so beautifully, tenderly, done.

' "Further up and further in," she whispers into the darkness, and smiles at last, alone.'

Oh, Susan.
LittleRaven13 chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Wow...what a beautiful story. It made me cry. :,)
LittleRaven13 chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
Wow...what a beautiful story. It made me cry. :,)
rthstewart chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
I only now realized that this fandom has lost a beautiful and creative voice with your departure. Thank you for gifting us with a final, heart wrenching story. You are courageous, you are beautiful author, this is a wrenching story and I am sorry that we did not overlap more. I would have very much liked to have enjoyed your glorious work when you were writing it.
marble-fire chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
This is Dark yet so wonderful. I love the idea of 'bapitizing' in the tainted waters, it was so wonderfully written, all of it. Thank you for writing :D
CTina chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
I loved it so much. Susan was always my favorite maybe cuz her lot is so heartbreaking. Your susan is perfect, truly, "baptized newly in tainted water" oh man! My heart hurts, well done!
Suzanna chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
Sarai chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Awesome story! I was listening to Heather William's Halelujah while reading this.
Shadow-ofthe-Night35 chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
I'm a bit speechless and it is quite impossible to find the words to describe this story. It is beautiful and terrible and heart-wrenching and it literally took my breath away.

Thank you. Honestly, deeply, thank you. I think it will be hard to find anything that can compare to this.

-Shadow