Reviews for The Mission Stays the Same
Gafgar chapter 19 . 2/28
A fascinating story. Shame to see it hasn't been updated in some time - hopefully that won't remain true forever. Stay safe, Trident.
Adam Pitlik chapter 19 . 3/1
This story is awesome xD
Concerned chapter 19 . 2/20
PSA: Last known activity of Trident was on the 14th Feb in the chatterbox forum. This means that either Trident is still alive but no longer posting progress reports (even a 'no progress' would have been appreciated) or the Russians got him and have stolen his computer and/or account.

Either way, this fic has been abandoned for too long. The last chapter was posted in june 2014 and progress reports stopped in december '14. As of 11:50am 20/02/2015, with great sadness, I hereby pronounce this great story dead by author abandonment. May the Emperor have mercy on its text.
KhazintheDark chapter 19 . 2/8
So are we expecting a Chaos God to be born out of this conflict or not? Although given that it took near-on 60 millions years of Eldar Galactic Rule to birth one god of Debauchery I'm of the opinion it is unlikely.
BlackKnight92 chapter 1 . 2/5
I wont bother you about next update as I know that your country is in the state of civil war so I am asking a much more important question. Are you still alive?
greywolfe12 chapter 19 . 2/5
dear author i read this and it was amazing as a mass effect fan words dont do you proper justice while as a 40k fan every time i read about Gallardi and Maeteris this weird liquid heresy came to my eyes- *BLAM* HERESY. truly i am inspired by you and your work to not only purge in the name of the emperor but to save the galaxy from the reaper menace.

also i like the size of your chapters they feel like real chapters unlike some fics that do pages and pretend to be chapters. takeing to much space so i will end that when i read Maeteris first i though it was mae-tetris weird. shared this with my sister because she is another person interested in 40K/ME
Will.Always.Be.There chapter 19 . 2/2
Dear author,
This is good shit. Please write more. Thank you for filling 3 days of my time with good reading materials. If you are not anywhere in the physical plane anymore, I bid you farewell and may the Emperor watch over you.
Spartan-168-Django chapter 19 . 1/31
Hey! I can't believe it's been 3 years now that I've been following this story, and over a year since I last read it. I'm so happy to see that it's still active, and this latest chapter was so well done and thorough, and it's good to see the Council take the Reapers seriously (well, at least 2 out of 4 of them - I wonder if Tevos knows about the beacon on Thessia ...) ;-)

That said, please stay well and do take care of yourself. I can't imagine what it would be like to live in a country going through a civil war. :-( But for what it's worth, you and your fellow countrymen must be courageous and resilient to live through this conflict.
love this story, continue when can, ran out of real things to bitch about, minor errors, really good job
UnitedDestinies chapter 19 . 1/30
Outstanding! It took me a few days but I finally caught up to chapter 19! I am both sad to catch up and filled with excitement to see what the next chapter has in store for us readers! I greatly appreciate the time and creative thought you put into this!
tryan8 chapter 1 . 1/27
please continue as soon as able, this shit is so cash
I'm really hoping this guy isn't dead. I liked this story.
Concerned chapter 19 . 1/22
Trident, are you still alive? No updates on the progress forum since December 15th. Even if there are issues w/ the new chapter just give us a message on the progress forum so we know that you haven't been murdered to death by rebels or something. (There is a short excerpt on the progress forum for those of you who don't know about it/ NEED MOAR STORY :) )
anaknangfilipina chapter 1 . 1/22
I am really happy that you had the courage to write your first fanfiction. You would have deprived the world of an awesome crossover story between two completely opposite works of fiction if you never tried to write.

First, I want to tell you that I truly enjoyed your realistic portrayal of your WH40k characters and their character development. From the first chapter, you have given credible evidence as to how an Eldar and, especially, an Imperial Storm Trooper could have the common sense to be able to ally with other races. I especially enjoyed how you portrayed Gillardi against the Mass Effect world. Unlike the fanfiction "Hammerhand," it didn't take an Imperial officer a few chapters to have smooth relationships with xenos and their human friends. It took Gillardi almost 18 chapters to control his xenophobia down to manageable levels. From how Imperial propaganda was proven wrong against Shepard, to noticing that xenos can have experience feeling similar to humans, you have shown credible evidence of Gillardi’s growth. I also appreciate how you showed how deeply ingrained Gillardi's xenophobia is. Even after all that he has experienced, his speciesism still shows it’s ugly head in Ilium and with Shepard’s relationship with a xeno, causing turbulence within the team. Like a true soldier of the Imperium, August didn’t quietly complain of the xenos amongst his brothers like a coward. His hatred of the xenos was up-front and hard-hitting. This causes conflict with Shepard and her crew against Gillardi and forces them to confront his xenophobia or lose cohesion within the team.

Your developement of Maeteris was also well-done. From the first chapter onward, you have shown Maeteris slowly lose most of her haughtiness towards the lesser beings around her, and show that she has started to feel more comfortable with the beings around her. Her powers and skills are also well-balanced. Maeteris shows great power and skills in the story. But, she still makes mistakes with her divination despite her vast experience and wisdom.

In short, may the Emperor guide you through the end. May he always give you insight on how to continue on writing you story.

Also, this is a re-post of my review of your story just in case you didn't receive my first review.
anaknangfilipina chapter 19 . 1/22

First, I want to tell you that I truly enjoyed your realistic portrayal of your WH40k characters and their character development. From the first chapter, you have given credible evidence as to how an Eldar and, especially, an Inquisitor's Storm Trooper could have the common sense to be able to ally with other races. I especially enjoyed how you portrayed Gillardi against the Mass Effect world. Unlike the fanfiction "Hammerhand," it didn't take an Imperial officer a few chapters to have smooth relationships with xenos and their human friends. It took Gillardi almost 18 chapters to control his xenophobia down to manageable levels. From how Imperial propaganda was proven wrong against Shepard, to noticing that xenos can have experience feeling similar to humans, you have shown credible evidence of Gillardi’s growth. I also appreciate how you showed how deeply ingrained Gillardi's xenophobia is. Even after all that he has experienced, his speciesism still shows it’s ugly head in Ilium and with Shepard’s relationship with a xeno, causing turbulence within the team. Like a true soldier of the Imperium, August didn’t quietly complain of the xenos amongst his brothers like a coward. His hatred of the xenos was up-front and hard-hitting. This causes conflict with Shepard and her crew against Gillardi and forces them to confront his xenophobia or lose cohesion within the team.

Your development of Maeteris was also well-done. From the first chapter onward, you have shown Maeteris slowly lose most of her haughtiness towards the lesser beings around her, and show that she has started to feel more comfortable with the beings around her. Her powers and skills are also well-balanced. Maeteris shows great power and skills in the story. But, she still makes mistakes with her divination despite her vast experience and wisdom.

1,368 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »