Reviews for The Mission Stays the Same
great story
Hans chapter 1 . 7/15/2021
ITS ALIVE
Species Unknown chapter 30 . 7/14/2021
Hahahahaha. Ah I love the headbutt scene. *Crunch*. The jetpack's gonna be pretty sick and I can't wait to see Maeteris rip the collector ship apart with bare, psychic hands.
te.nellis chapter 30 . 7/14/2021
That was absolutely amazing. I loved the chapter. The captain is really warming up to grunt which makes sense since he does have the enthusiasm of a promising junior guards man. Keep it up!
atchoum35 chapter 30 . 7/13/2021
Good story, thanks, continue
Vanessa Masters chapter 30 . 7/12/2021
Our dear August, seeing certain similarities in the Krogan and his people and realizing how far he's come.

_

Take Jack with you," Maeteris instructed after a moment's thought. "Leave Mirala here, however. She is not yet ready."

"This is all very mysterious, Maeteris," Victoria complained.

"It is not an involved task. The Collectors will lay themselves bare in trying to lure you in. Their defences shall be down. I intend to teach them their folly."

"That's ominous."

"There is information upon the vessel that you will need in the days ahead. And when you have attained that information, I will lay the puppets of the Reapers in tribute of the wrath of the eldar, and a demonstration of the coming days for the Reapers." The last Maeteris said with a stern note of finality. Isha's grief and Khaine's fury were seldom far removed from each other in the mythic cycles, and Maeteris had no more tears to shed.

Without waiting for a reply she turned upon her heels to return to her cabin. Once inside, the laid her rune of silence upon the wall by the door, being sure to extend its effects to include the ship's AI. When that was done, she turned to M'tarr.

"I must call upon our bond, dear one," she told the gyrinx.

M'tarr's ears perked up. "Anything! What does Maeteris require?"

Maeteris exhaled deeply, kneeling upon the floor at the foot of her bed. "I must forge a few runes. I do not know the arts of the bonesingers, but these shall bear only one purpose and could instead be created by gathering the energies of a spell cast repeatedly over a few days. One would normally conduct this ritual in a place filled with psychic energies like the Domes of Crystal Seers, but it occurred to me that your ability to amplify psychic energies could serve a similar purpose."

"M'tarr has not done this before, but M'tarr would learn," the gyrinx purred.

Maeteris smiled affectionately at her. "I am grateful."

"There is no need. M'tarr has given her word, and will aid where she is able to." The gyrinx sat down upon her haunches before Maeteris, tail curled daintily around herself, looking expectantly up at Maeteris. "What must M'tarr do?"

"Open your mind up to me, and I shall give you my power and guidance."

It took a while. M'tarr was a quick learner, but she was still young, and her understanding of the psychic arts was not very well-developed. Nevertheless, after some minutes of guidance and explanations, M'tarr was ready. With their minds joined, Maeteris began to ritual, leading M'tarr in the first weaves of the ritual.

_

Ooooh prepping runes.

And earlier she starts to train Mirala so she's protected from further daemons.

I can see this is all coming to a head.

I really like this story, it meshes well and is a good crossover.
courfanb chapter 30 . 7/11/2021
I love the way you flesh out the characters and almost everything else (Except the slow pace ;P but quality over quantity is the way), keep it up and thank you for this great story!
E chapter 30 . 7/10/2021
Solid. Glad for the update.
Guest chapter 29 . 7/10/2021
Just a remainder that the Imperium destroyed several civilizations where Xenos and Humans worked together to survive: Diasporex Fleets, Interex Empire, Kharataan Exodites and the Humans they saved from the Dark Eldar... it is really easy to claim all Xenos stabbed mankind in the back once you destroy all examples of human-xeno cooperation happening as much as xeno aggression.
Axccel chapter 30 . 7/10/2021
I hope when it gets to ME3, the Alliance has its own miniature equivalent to when the aliens in 40K betrayed humanity during the Age of Strife despite humanity sacrificing much to save them and befriend them. The Reapers going after humanity with a vengeance due to Shepard's actions in messing with their plans and the aliens being like "Not our problem" and "So long as they focus on you, we can fortify ourselves". That sort of thing. Heck, it isn't even inaccurate to the game. That basically IS what happened until Shepard managed to take the heat off of each of the factions and reveal their superweapon.
W8W chapter 30 . 7/10/2021
August have now jetpack and make good use of it. Tinkering with plasma pistol don't sound like good idea. Gallardi liking Tuchanka is both funny and fiting(everything wants to kill me remind me home)

Maeteris students get motivation to improve so they can protect themselves from demons

Grunt trial was fun and really impressive action.

So they will spring Collector trap before it will be well prepared, I can't wait to see how different it will be.
AyeJimmy123 chapter 30 . 7/10/2021
Noice
SPARTAN-626 chapter 30 . 7/9/2021
Yes an update and you did a great job as always. Now our dear Guardsmen has a jet pack, nice and can’t wait to see him in more action with it! Grunt got himself a new toy and I know he will have so much fun with it and make so much gory messes with it. They grow up so fast. Well if to the “disabled” Collector ship and looking forward to seeing what will differ from canon and what the Farseer has planned for the Respers pawns. Either way I can’t wait to see more and keep up the great work!
psp reader chapter 30 . 7/9/2021
nice intro for the jetpack
joecola00 chapter 30 . 7/9/2021
Always a pleasure to see this update.

August going into a melee with three Krogan and a Thresher Maw is such a 40k thing to do. A jetpack only served to get you close enough to hit them with your sword.

Can't wait to see the Collector ship.
2,653 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »