Reviews for As Cold As Any Stone
Zander L. Jones chapter 4 . 9/21
Exactly what I love! Awesome job!
TheHiddenMemory chapter 4 . 3/3/2013
What terrific insight into all Merlin's struggles in having to keep his secret. And I especially loved this part: "He was so willing to share his cheerfulness and optimistic outlook, but his pain was his own, an intensely personal thing. He kept it carefully hidden, but it came to the surface every now and again. It was apparent to those who knew where to look." Merlin is my favorite character ever and you have captured him so perfectly. Thanks so much for sharing this beautifully written piece.
TheHiddenMemory chapter 3 . 3/3/2013
Wow! - Gwaine suspects Merlin's a sorcerer! I totally wasn't expecting that! But I always thought that if anyone were to figure out Merlin's secret it would be Gwaine. He's definitely the odd one out in the circle of knights (I mean this in a good way), and often isn't taken seriously, but he's certainly not stupid and would be more apt to seeing things that the others wouldn't. Of course, apart from Lancelot he is also the closest to Merlin. Really well done writing Gwaine in this chapter. I was laughing out loud at his antics. This was my favorite line: "Well, that's terribly reassuring, Sunshine." LOL - Gotta love him!

I also especially liked how you wrote Gaius's concern for Merlin. You brought that out really well here.
TheHiddenMemory chapter 2 . 3/3/2013
Aw, so love this. I really loved the Merlin/Lancelot bond and you have written it down to perfection here. I so wish they hadn't killed off Lancelot :(
TheHiddenMemory chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
I adore this already and it's only the first chapter! It's fantastically written and I love your portrayal of the characters and all the details you include that add so much more depth to what we got when watching the show. The Darkest Hour Part 1 & 2 are amongst my favorite episodes, so I LOVE reading this. I remember Arthur's reaction (or lack thereof) to Merlin's collapse actually bothered me a bit though, but here you have described it perfectly. Can't wait to read on...
ExplosionsInTheNight chapter 4 . 12/19/2012
Just amazing! :)
Rehabilitated Sith chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
Loved it!
servant123 chapter 3 . 7/24/2012
Nice job here. All very well-written and fun to read :) I like this look into Gwaine's character, and I look forward to more of his questioning in the future chapters. My only concern is that I'm not sure where Gwaine got the idea that he had to lie to Arthur about Merlin's health. I could've just missed something, though. Keep up the good work :) I'm really excited to read more!
God bless :D
servant123 chapter 2 . 7/23/2012
Intriguing :) I like how you wrote Lancelot's thoughts. He seems a bit of a flat character at times, it's nice how you hashed him out a bit more through his thoughts here, and Gwaine's bits were nice for some light-heartedness in an otherwise somber scene. Keep up the good work :)
God bless!
servant123 chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Nice work. I really like that this was from Arthur's point of view :) His thoughts were well-composed and true-to-character, and fit in well with the flow of the story. Keep up the nice work :)
God bless!
bluespiritgal chapter 4 . 2/28/2012
Another beautifully written story. Love the loyalty/friendship Gwaine and Lancelot share with Merlin in their own unique ways. Each knight is so very different in personality, but each immensely loyal to Merlin.
kamuinoyume chapter 4 . 1/30/2012
Wow, I love this! I love how you integrated little pieces of adventures that Lancelot and Merlin went on in that one year time-span that the creators left blank, and how Gwaine sort of suspects that Merlin has Magic (because I honestly think that he at least suspects and that the big reveal won't come as so much of a surprise for him as the others), it's just touching.

I love Merlin and Lancelot's friendship, and I definitely feel for Merlin now that he's lost the only friend who knew and accepted him for what he was, and I'm pissed at the creators for not having Gwaine fill Lance's place and leaving him isolated like that (because I'm sure Gwaine'd accept Merlin's magic with open arms).

Thanks for writing this little gem. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel!
Kat Nightfox chapter 4 . 12/19/2011
Wonderful. Love Lancelot's care and protection and the glimpse we get to see of the relationship he has with Merlin. Loved Gwaine's concern, curiosity and frustration with not being allowed "in" to the secret he's sure is there. Great job on this!
DammitimmaD chapter 4 . 11/18/2011
Love it! I love the brotherly relationship between Merlin and Lancelot! It's so cute! :)
Lilynette chapter 4 . 10/28/2011
Okay, that's it. I'm now officially addicted to your writing. I've been craving a tag to Merlin's collapse since the episode aired, and this was everything I could have hoped for.

It also makes me miss Lancelot terribly. Can't wait for him to be back.

I'm off to read your tag for 4x02 now!
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »