Reviews for threshold: the end of a runway
Thieving Alchemist chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
wait...i dont get it... what happened? wat? who? elizabeth.. riza... roy...? O_O wat happened? i dont get it?
hawkeyeflame1921 chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
What? No not Roy! DDDDDDDDDDX

Oh no, Riza's gunna kill herself now. DDDDDX
Kiba Wolf chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Hmm... Good story all in all.

I felt like there were certain parts where the flow didn't happen like it should have, though it had nothing to do with the line breaks... those were even and expected and generally worked. It was more the wording in some places, and it did occur more frequently towards the end of a section. I think what I like best about this, though, is the pacing, as you go through the little things and big things quickly, yet it doesn't feel rushed, really.

I like the idea in general, mind if I use it?
Frog-kun chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
I'm going to start this review by talking about the ending first. D

Th-The ending. THE LAST LINE. OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS ME. I read it over and over and over and I felt as if my heart was being torn up every time I did. It was such a touching and fitting end, really. Made me feel like Hughes's death all over again, except I loved the involvement of your OC.

YOU KNOW I thought of your PoT fics, because your PoT OC angst always had a way of making me want to cry, and I never thought I'd see you write OC angst for anything but PoT. At first, I thought this was going to be another Royai fic (and, well, it sort of IS, but differently, I guess). But this. THIS. I think I love it MORE than your other Royai fics. I feel this tinge of reality and remorse in it. I think this could very well be canon, because I don't see Roy and Riza being married. But if Roy married another woman (which he might, for reasons I'm not quite sure of?) I think it would turn out like this.

The only thing I wish is that you showed Roy's reasons for marrying the OC, but I don't think that was too important in the end. I'm struck by how you made Riza say that he DID love her, but differently. And yeah, I think Roy and Riza's love, while not necessarily ROMANTIC, was always going to mean the most to Roy.

*sniffs*

Sorry for rambling there :'D I really liked this fic, I really did. WELL DONE, DORO, YOU MAKE ME PROUD.
The Jabberer chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
OH, PORORO, YOU'RE SPOILING ME WITH GOOD FIC. THANK YOU SO MUCH I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS MY THANKS PROPERLY, BECAUSE "THANKS" DOESN'T COME CLOSE TO ANYWHERE I'M FEELING RIGHT NOW.

But oh, oh, this was just beautiful. You write angst so well, so so so so well, and I loved this OC. I loved how she was sympathetic and graceful and almost as humanly perfect a human could be, and how it just goes to show that sometimes, romance just picks the person you fall in love with, not the you, and that Royai pwns all.

(As you can already see, this review will make like, no sense.)

But this was so beautiful. I actually love Riza's role as the unintentional, not-really-but-yes-really mistress, because this is how Roy's marriage would be if he were to marry someone else, you know? She'd be like the dreaded-but-welcomed mother-in-law instead of a mistress, but she technically would be because he loved her so much and yeah I'll stop recapping.

"Between the two—her wisteria, her charm and dignity, or Riza Hawkeye's nothing but.:

THIS. THIS. THIS WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL SENTENCE. You know how much I love flowers, and I do think the wisteria here describes this OC and her relationship with Roy and Riza, meaning-wise. And Riza's "nothing but". That was so beautiful and heartbreaking and accurate, and so so powerful because you just know that her "nothing but" pwns wisteria.

The last bit, I think, was the prettiest of section of them all. About the OC loving to see Roy being in love, even if it's not really with her.

So THANK YOU, Pororo. Thank you times a gazillion.
afinedenouement chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
This is so, so beautiful. The way you write is such a perfect blend of everything I could possibly want from a written piece. You can pull off so much meaning in a single sentence, add so much detail to a single sentence. It's quite a talent. This piece...It broke me into pieces, shattered me with perfect edges. It was beautiful.