Reviews for graven with diamonds in letters plain
Twelve13 chapter 5 . 8/26/2014
Oh my gosh I love this story and the way you presented it!
MADStar529 chapter 5 . 11/25/2013
Great story! Loved the format.
Amaranthe Athenais chapter 5 . 10/29/2013
loved the story. it was great. thank you for writing it.
1sunfun chapter 5 . 7/29/2013
Nice story.
1sunfun
Boleyn Girl13 chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
I just read this start to finish, and it was EXCELLENT! From the beginning to the end, the mixed narrative style added such a wonderful touch to this really compelling story, I really liked the authoriative history voice as well as the letters and diaries. It was different and it really paid off to craft such a wonderful story.

I really loved what you did with all of it- Anne being a part of Elizabeth's life was wonderful, as well as being a friend to Mary, which I think would have happened given different circumstances. Jane was a great character as well, such a little nit and so irritating, yet I believe, very accurate. I think that if Anne had survived, Jane would have had some difficulty. I like that George and Edward were able to find some common ground though, over the reformed religion. I'm sure that would have annoyed Jane, had she been alive.

I also loved what you did with Anne herself. She was so upset that Henry allowed their son to die, and for her chances as Queen to disaapper and therefore their marriage, and I felt that their relationship was very honest and real. Friends for a while, but at the end, he knew that she was the only woman that he was meant to be with, and he missed her after Katherine Howard's betrayal. Anne's desire to see the HOward girls better placed was also very touching,and I think really reflected well on Anne's character.

My only compliant is that I wish it wasn't over, and that it was longer! but really, excellent job.
ChloboShoka chapter 5 . 10/22/2012
Brilliant way to end the story. I think Anne's anger at Henry's marriage to her cousin is understandable. I wonder what happened to Katherine Parr though? I guess she got married to Thomas Seymour. I think the ending has a truth. Anne and Henry's love has been a mystery and an interesting topic to a lot of people.
ChloboShoka chapter 4 . 10/22/2012
Anne isn't the kind of person to just forgive and forget so easily and I think this chapter reflected that.
ChloboShoka chapter 3 . 10/22/2012
Mary was really brave asking Anne to come back to court.
ChloboShoka chapter 2 . 10/22/2012
Another great chapter. Felt really bad for Henry, Jane and Anne. I think that Anne would have really been angry with Jane having a son. I wonder how she will react to Jane's death.
ChloboShoka chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
I really like the diary written entries. I think it's a really nice idea and I think you've showed it really well. I think you got a lot of characters written down very well. I love the anger and sorrow from Anne and Henry.
ReganX chapter 5 . 9/12/2012
This is one of the most remarkable and one of the most beautifully-crafted fics I have ever had the privilege of reading. Thank you for sharing it.

First of all, I have to say that I adore the mixed narrative style you used, allowing the story to be pieced together from different viewpoints, and giving us an insight into the minds of the different characters involved. I especially loved Anne and Henry's diary entries and the history books. I could even imagine what I'd have thought of their version of the Tudors show. It was an amazingly good touch and a refreshing change.

The story of Henry and Anne after their divorce was sad, heartwarming, sweet and funny by turns, and fascinating from start to finish. I love that Anne got to be part of Elizabeth's life, and to see so much of her reign, not to mention getting to know her grandchildren and to become the grandmother of two royal lines. It's also nice to see that she and Mary were eventually able to get on well together. I wonder how Mary took her restoration to the line of succession given that, with Edward and Elizabeth standing between her and the throne, she knew that her succession must be a remote possibility, at best.

Most of all, I love the way you captured a bond between Henry and Anne that never died, and the way the found their way back to one another but on different terms than before, with Anne maintaining the more independent position as Duchess of Pembroke rather than becoming Queen again. They both grew as characters and I like that Henry was eventually able to see that he had wronged Anne and to bare his soul to her, asking her to come back to him but, at the same time, being able to recognise and respect that she had a right to choose whether or not she was willing to do so, especially after the way he treated her.

It's sad that the real Henry couldn't have contented himself with annulling his marriage to Anne. She'd have been prepared to talk terms with him and to leave quietly, especially if Elizabeth's position could be protected, and I think that all concerned would have been better off if she was allowed the opportunity to do so.

All in all, this was a wonderful story and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Rainia NyteWolf chapter 5 . 8/19/2012
This was fabulous! I loved the blend of historical fact and fiction. I loved how the story unfolded through journal entries and letters. I never understood why Henry ennobled her with the title of Marquess of Pembroke and then decided rather than divorcing her to kill her. Plus, how he could belive she was an adultress was always a thing of confusion for me. I mean, she was the Queen of England! She always had people watching her in some way, shape or form. Today, the press are always talking about the royals, so I can only imagine how it would have been in this time.
AshlyKagome15 chapter 5 . 6/10/2012
I enjoyed reading this story so much that I have read more than once. The first time I read it I thought it was real and went to look some of the books that were mention in her until I relize it was only a story on . If only this had really happen. Both Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn, Mary Tudor and Elizabeth Tudor would all have been happier. Poor Edward seem to have the same fate has real life when he died in 1553. Even Jane had the same death. Anne lived a longer life in this story and Im glad for her. Im glad I read this story. Thank you so much for writing it.
clow-san chapter 5 . 4/22/2012
By God I love this. You have managed to present this in this form so well and so vividly. I love that it still somehow goes with historical facts but man with such a twist. Lovely job.
Reese S. Quill chapter 5 . 3/15/2012
That was just...brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. It made total sense, too-the best 'Had the Queen Lived' fic I've ever read. In fact, I'm tempted to ignore history and say this actually happened. I wish it did. Anne was a powerful, influential woman, and you just showed how with one action (allowing someone to take her place as Henry's queen and wife) could've changed everything.

I loved how she watched each of his wives come and go. The best part is how she changed history. If Elizabeth had always been legimate, then there wouldn't have been any deaths caused by Bloody Mary. Mary Tudor (and Mary Boleyn) eventually reconcile with Anne (you showed the one with M.T. quite well when they met and perhaps if Anne was the one who convinced Henry to restory Mary to the succession).

I would've loved to see a sequel to this, sort of an expansion to the epilogue (The king entrusting Anne with regency, "Stephen Gardiner's attempt to unseat Anne from Henry's favor," Anne staying with the king as he died), but I guess you left that up to people's imaginations. The only thing I wondered about was how Elizabeth's reign would've turned out (would she had been as powerful as she really is?), how Anne got her married, and did she really like the husband she ended up with (Besides the movie, there is some evidence that she really liked Robert Dudley). But besides that, awesome. :)