Reviews for Coming
PeacefullyJos chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
Loved reading this so muchhh.,
flipped chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
CB should always be like this.
Arazadia chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
What a compelling AU! I loved how sparse the details were, I really had only a vague idea of the plot never having read/seen Atonement but it made it mysterious which I like. And the tension between Chuck and Blair was palpable and awesome.
Avivush chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
amzing,

Chuck shuld be the writer in GG word not Dan
katharienne chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Great AU! I actually wish I could read more about this reality, about the building throughout the years tension between Chuck and Blair.. Really well done. And the last scene was absolutely hot *_*
The Very Last Valkyrie chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Me? I? But I solely waste your time loving you and bemoaning our fate, I am not worthy! *wrings hands* Especially when it involves the depravity of never meant to be read letters and bookshelves...

So, how to be as graceful about this as I can without rambling. Firstly, this actually feels like Atonement to me. It has a kind of dreamy slowness, the kind of slowness you feel in summer, only then the heat begins to prickle and you want to take your clothes off and lie in the sun all day. There's definitely pricklings of heat between out two combatants, though they don't quite know where they stand with each other yet. It's push, pull, push too hard, pull back too far. Blair goads Chuck because she wants to see what's there, even if she wouldn't react to it. And she does, of course. She acts dramatic and wonderful and dives into the pool after her ring, an act which doesn't actually require her stripping off. She just does it, as Cecelia just does it, trying to provoke a response. Will he be indifferent to Nate's Dartmouth friend, to her? Or will he throw her down on the ground and make his point? Preferably for hours. There's unfinished business between them, and that's the only right way to solve it, but they can't. And yet Chuck is Chuck above all, looking his fill before he turns around.

Then the letter.

Then the library.

I love that she realises before he does, the truth of it all, the truth of the reason they don't run in the same circles anymore. And that's beautifully succint, we don't have to go on forever pulling out their feelings and looking for what they're saying to one another. It just happens, like it always just happens, and a library is hardly the place for it to happen so violently but it does. And maybe that's good - knowledge is power, power over pleasure and pain. Blair gets knowledge and pleasure so she doesn't feel pain. Chuck has the pleasure and pain of her presence until he loses all knowledge of anything else. This part is pure erotica, liberally spiced with feelings but full and filthy and delicious. It squirms about on the page like it's feeling too, short sharp sweet moments with long instances of 'I know now, I know you'.

I adore this. And you, naturally. And I hardly deserve all you attribute to me...maybe a nice dinner out and some pretty flowers. And then you can have whatever you like for being such a wonderful creature.
Maribells chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Well, I've never seen Atonement... but I definitely want to now.

So, I loved this. Obviously I have no idea which plot points are yours and which are from the movie, but it's a very engaging and well-told story.

Especially the letter- because let's be serious, a Chuck Bass letter to Penthouse would be... glorious.
TriGemini chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
This was really good to read. Enjoyed it, a lot.
Rf chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
Uh oh i hope nothing bad happens to chuck ! Loved it