Reviews for The House That Fear Built
I'm rereading this for the 7th time and I don't seem to get tired of it
Pandora580 chapter 1 . 7/1
I'm rereading this for the 7th time and I don't seem to get tired of it
HatakeKakashi24 chapter 1 . 6/14
I am truly amazed by this story. Genrally I don't like romance storys because they are in my perspective very dumb, like 90% of the time. But a romance story like this is what I like. Good story.
Feiy chapter 15 . 4/6
I’ve read a number of your stories and though I enjoyed the others this one has to be your masterpiece. The writing was often spellbinding, so poetic yet coherent at the same time.

Lines like — ‘The demons hissed and swirled, funneling down into a little clearing. They whirled round and round in circles in a demented waltz, laughing in a harsh way that put his teeth on edge like blood and strawberries and white lace stained with ink.’ — Wove a level of imagery seldom seen in fanfiction, truly inspiring writing, it would be impossible to praise you enough.

The ending was perfect as well, I was afraid it was leading towards something decidedly tragic. This one was sweet, though perhaps in the way that antifreeze is; sweetness disguising the fact that it’s burning away everything inside. It’s been a while since I’ve read such a beautiful story about Stockholm Syndrome.
DragonWriter77 chapter 15 . 10/7/2016
interesting story
EccentricBrit chapter 15 . 9/17/2016
Wow... I'm amazed. As much as I love the original characterisation of the twins.. this 'alternative timeline' is incredible! I can definitely see Yukio with clinical coldness and Rin with wild possessive behaviour towards Shiemi. I enjoyed the ending, it was tragic but yet lightened by Shiemi bringing Rin back.. I don't think I'd be able to stop crying if my favourine demonic twins died :(
Shiemi was very interesting.. how at the start she was courageous and defiant.. not telling Rin her name but then at the same time she could see some kind of goodness in him. I especially liked how she appeared to have a dream of the Rin we know and love XD
It was a nice touch :) Hints to the Rin that could have been with a different upbringing.

Just incredible.. I saw this fic and knew it would be worth the read with just the premise in the description :) Thank you so much for writing this fic.. it was honestly exciting, touching and poignant and I throughly enjoyed every word.
LadyDark17 chapter 15 . 7/25/2016
I never actually reviewed this fanfic despite it being one of my absolute favourites (I'm not even exaggerating). I'm in love with how you wrote every single chapter, your writing style manages to convey the characters' feelings, the emotions associated with the moment and the plot's progress. The first time I read it (I'm like at the 5th time right now) I remember thinking that you could make the words sing. I also absolutely love this kind of AU for Blue Exorcist and I wish there were more fanfics like yours around under this particular AU :3 I apologize for not reviewing in the past, I'm kind of a shy type and I don't review very often and I especially try to avoid reviews such as "omg this is amazing pls continue", I want to convey something more than simply begging for one more chapter xD
Luna Starbuster chapter 15 . 6/3/2016
It was morbid I have to say, but not in a bad way oddly enough. There was just enough fluff in there to keep it from being an out n out horror story, but not enough to lose the effect. And yea, Yukio is definitely creepy in this, but it seems to fit in and I like how even as bloodthirsty as they were you made Rin and Yukio close to each other in a weird way that almost seems normal. I applaud you writing skills my friend. :-)
Brandie chapter 15 . 4/26/2016
This shit was horrifying...kudos for wrapping up a lovely package of fairytales and fear. It sucks to be Shura, truly and Yukio was a complete anathema of his self. Rin has this quality that makes you like him no matter how fucked up he is. He's just so damn playful and the possible humanity just blindsides you. All in all this was a twisted tale and realistically I totally would've left Japan. ASAP...they could have it.

Shiemi to note really isn't made for war. No one is, but her temperament even less so. Along the way mind broken and reality just didn't matter anymore. Tightroping along the edge of fear and adoration...knowing all the while Rin is going to kill her someday. It's in a demons nature after all. Freaking brilliant!
GarGoyl chapter 15 . 4/3/2016
Damn! Of course, as it is my habit, I always discover things like... a million years later than everyone else. But hey, at least I DO, eventually... My God, this was so, SO BEAUTIFUL. I loved the interaction between Rin and Shiemi every step of the way, it was written with so much sensitivity it hurt... Thank you so much for writing this!
(and Yukio IS creepy, I'm glad someone says it at last... blegh!)
EmberSkies chapter 2 . 1/25/2016
This is starting to creep me out...
EmberSkies chapter 1 . 1/25/2016
Rin seems a bit OOC so far, but I'd like to read more!
m a n u l a n i chapter 15 . 1/8/2016
Don't really know what to say but this was beautiful and such a wild ride. Really wonderful story :)
DirkDeLarge chapter 15 . 1/5/2016
Hello man, i kinda stayed up all night because i found your fic at 4 am and, well, sleep is for the weak anyway.
I think your story is amazing.
When i was around the 5-6 chapter i instantly thought this was going to be a tragedy and i was really fearing it because it was still possible before the last chap, and man, i love the way you write, i really do. It is so romantic and melancholic at the same time.
Also i think there's a book you would enjoy, for some reason, i don't know. I read it in spanish, dunno if there's an english version of it, it's name is Celestino Antes del Alba.
I was also thinking about drawing something for your story and i was wondering if you could tell me a little more about the guys' clothing or diferences from the canon designs? My tumblr and instagram are just Dirkdelarge if you wanna answer or just say hi.
Hey, i'll go check your page in search of other stories btw. Goodbye, you beautiful and talented person.
TheAsterousAuthor chapter 15 . 12/28/2015
ahhhh this au is amazing I'm in awe

your writing is just so spectacular and elegant but raw and captivating and just urghhhhh. if you wrote every story in the world books would be the only thing people would buy. does that make sense?

I just. I love it.