Reviews for Not a child
Am I missing something here? It said in the write up that this was a complete fanfic, did you really just leave it hanging like this or is there a sequal or something?
daisycb chapter 9 . 1/19
In response to your author's note at the beginning of the chapter: fan fiction is an author's concept or interpretation of an established universe. If a reader wants everything in the story to be just like the original, then read the original. Fan fiction is for those of us who enjoy reading how others tweak the original to be something else. Instead of complaining about the differences, either try to enjoy this version or look for another story. DUH! That's my rant. Anyway, I like your story. I like the humor, I like your Harry's take on the idiocy of the adults in his world.
FotoDi chapter 15 . 10/17/2015
Wow! You write amazing speaches.
How did you get Snape & Dumbles to stay mute?
FotoDi chapter 11 . 10/17/2015
"Dumbledore should cede all operational control of Hogwarts to Someone else... He can remain a figurehead Headmaster and devote more time to his roles as Head of the Wizengamot & ICW. Hire secretary. Assign each Professor an apprentice or two. Hire seprate faculty to be Heads of each House. Hire a real Healer on staff. Yearly physicals should be mandatory. Mind-healer should be in call. Retire Filch & Mrs. Norris. Hire real security guards ... 5th/6th/7th year Prefects should not have such time consuming & potentially hazardous responsibilities. Exorcise Binns. Detox Trelawney and make Divination "By Invitation only". Get Hagrid a new wand & Encourage him to finish his Wizarding Education.

McGonagall cannot be Deputy Headmaster as well as Head of Gryffindor. Fundamentally impossible to support Gryffondors while remaining unbiased to the other 3 Houses.
FotoDi chapter 7 . 10/17/2015
Sprout stood behind Cedric Diggory, advising where she could not specifically train. Dumbledore was the Hogwarts' judge. Mme Maxine supported Fleur DeLacoeur & Karkaroff supported V. Krum. Yet, threre was No one advising Harry for the Tournament. (Except Moody/Crouch!) Harassed by Rita Skeeter; tormented & ostracized by a majority of Hogwarts students (think "Potter Stinks" buttons.) Bad bad Head of House performance by McGonagall.
FotoDi chapter 6 . 10/17/2015
Nice save!
FotoDi chapter 5 . 10/17/2015
Wouldn't Anelia Bones, Head of the DMLE and Aunt/Legal Guardian of Susan Bones, Harry's age mate at Hogwarts, have been furious & outraged at the 3 instances of reportedly dead terrorist "You-Know-Who" being inside Hogwarts?

(INTERIOR MONOLOGUE: My sweet Hufflepuff Susan was in peril - while at Hogwarts - the safest place in magical British Isles!? My Susan was actually "Taught" by Voldemort & DE Barty Crouch Jr?! My Susan was near a 1000-year-old rampaging basilisk? Werewolf teachers?! Scions of Ancient & Noble Houses not being given trials before being tossed into Max Security in Azkaban? Illegal & underage animagi?! Since when was Sirius Black Harry Potter's Godfather?! When did Harry speak to him? How did Sirius Black escape Azkaban as an animagus?! What is wrong with Cornelius Fudge?! Fudge had key witnesses & escaped DE convict "kissed" before the DMLE could investigate?! Fudge appeared to be railroading if not outright scapegoating 15-year-old orphan Harry Potter ... sham underage magic trials before the Wizengamot ... Rogue Dementors ...
WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

The infamous Philosopher's Stone being "hidden"(?) "stored"(?!) in a Boarding School full underage children?! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ALBUS DUMBLEDORE!?)

Wouldn't Amelia have taken copies of all Harry Potter's memories for verification, details, evidence, ...

Why did Harry not try to get his "record" expunged from the incident in Summer 1992? Dobby the House elf performed magic ... Not Harry.
AlexiCyn chapter 15 . 9/20/2015
A most excellent fic. Lovely, open ending. I'm going to go check your profile to see if you continued this marvelous story.

If not, congrats to you for a fic very well done. :)
AlexiCyn chapter 11 . 9/20/2015
Oh thank CIRCE! I love this fic. Any fic that points out all the 'WTF is WRONG with you people?
is a favorite of mine! I mean really! I know it's just a story, but still. I've always questioned the sanity and/or decency of those in the wizarding world. I mean really. Bars on the windows, and yet it's never addressed after Molly screaming. And if it is, it's done so fast as to have been forgotten by me, and I think I'd have remembered that.
AlexiCyn chapter 1 . 9/20/2015
Pretty much every single adult in Harry's life dropped the ball on him, one way or another. Nice to see a fic where they get called on it. I mean, COME ON! Bars on his windows, locks on his doors, and he gets sent back the next year?! Seriously?! What is WRONG with you people?

This looks to be an interesting fic. :)
Cassius E. Whistlewood chapter 15 . 7/17/2015
That thing you did at the end... wow. Just wow. I like your style and I'm definitely checking your profile to see if you've continued this. It's brilliant.
DragonTamer01 chapter 15 . 7/17/2015
So what CAN we do about Voldemort and his lackeys?

To quote Stonewall Jackson in"Gods and Generals": Kill them, sir. Kill every last one of them.
DragonTamer01 chapter 1 . 7/17/2015
This is off to a really good start. I like it when Harry gets these feelings out in front of everyone and makes them understand things from his point of view.
falconer54 chapter 8 . 7/10/2015
McGonagall flipped him off!? Professor Minerva McGonagall *flipped* a *student* off!?
agnar chapter 11 . 4/7/2015
What a load of utter crap. At the VERY least, force Dumbledore to go fucking focus on the Ministry, get him FAR away from Hogwarts and kick Snape the fuck out.

The fic is going way downhill the last 2 chapters by letting this greater good crap slip in on Harry.