Reviews for Intellectual Tango
Rat2rrj chapter 5 . 11/5/2011
Thank you.
Professor Sycamore chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
You, my friend, have made me fall in love with this pairing. Good job. Phenominal job.
JamesLuver chapter 2 . 10/25/2011
Sorry that this review has been a long time in coming.

I loved the first chapter. I loved this one even more. The relationship between Bill and Lanette is even better this time around. Your sentences are sweet without being overly sappy and what I particularly love is the way that you don't choose conventional sentences - you always bring something knew to each one in a way that not many other people would - sentences like "Balloon" and "Jousting" really highlight this and that is one of the reasons why I love this collection so much. You just never know which direction you're going to take them in next. Again, you kept their relationship completely realistic and true and humanised. Their antics just had me grinning throughout. It's seriously insane that you can show so much of their relationship in so few words.

I'll review the rest of the chapters as soon as I can. Which may be a while, but they'll be coming at some point anyway.
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
I've never read anything for this pairing before, nor ever felt the desire to, but I felt the urge to click on this story for some reason...and, well, the rest was history.

These are absolutely incredible. You've managed to fit in so much emotion into such a small space and the impact of each one is so intense. The comedic value of ones like "Innocence" had me laughing out loud whilst the more quietly angsty ones like "Tears" hit me profoundly and really made me think. Plus there were the adorably fluffy ones such as "Ears" which had me "aww"ing like there was no tomorrow. In every single one the character seem /real/ - they're not perfect and flawless, but humans with hopes and fears of their own just trying to get by with the support of each other.

I'm not going to pretend that I know anything about these characters' personalities and such, but what I do know is that you've got a true talent with words. I'll be sure to read and review the rest of these chapters when I get the chance.
Rat2rrj chapter 2 . 10/9/2011
May I say that this is THE best collection of 50 sentence chapters I have ever read?
SpecialPikachu chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Whoa awesome! Each story is so cute XD
Lass Cherrie chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Okay - oh my god. I'm only half way through these, and already I feel the irresistible desire to review to tell you how much of a genius you are.

Thank you from the deepest depths of my heart for writing something so very completely NOT in the basket of mediocre; it's so nice to read something with real depth and substance, as opposed to the standard fic which shoves all four main heroines in a poorly constructed plot as best friends with absolutely no discernible differences in their personalities. They make me want to punch a face.

Bill and Lanette are beautiful characters. Beautiful because they are successfully depicted as human beings as well as geeks (somehow, so many people seem to be unable to reconcile the two...), but they retain that adorable nerdiness. Your subtle touches - comics, character reflections, explorations of tiny things like real names - made their world and their lives so believable and realistic. And they were actually characters a reader can relate to and connect with.

I personally found them fascinating characters. And the depth and solidity of their feelings for each other was truly touching. That dependance on something you find comfort and solace in, but which sort of grows slowly and quietly until one day you just sort of realise it's there - that was the feeling I got from your portrayal of their relationship. They were just so... lovely. -

I'm aware I'm covering this review in sparkly rose-bubbles, but I really, truly fell in love with this, and I'm so looking forward to reading the rest of them. I hope you post the others/rest soon - you can be sure you'll automatically have one eager reader. :3

With love, and admiration,