Reviews for Fair Play
jtdarkman chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
Well thats was sweet and very fucking touching lol
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
You've made buttercup my absolute favorite character.
Kimarys Adriana chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
Cute.
gibeibge chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
I'm dead you have killed me
n2a0d0i0a chapter 1 . 8/16/2013
This was a very unique take on things here.

First off, I love how you portrayed the whole Butch and Buttercup in later life. Their relationship dynamic is still very believable, and immediately had me hooked. The dialogue really contributed to this.

Secondly, I really like how you were able to tie in Buttercup's childhood insecurities into how she raises her kids. I think this part is very realistic, and emotional.

Thirdly, I like how you didn't use a traditional dialogue format. How you portrayed the conversation really contributed to the mood of the story. And, it wasn't confusing, which often happens when people don't uses quotations.

Nice job on this one, as always!
nanirain chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
This was great, parent Greens are sort of scary in how I can actually really imagine them... being parents. But I'm not sure it says anything about Buttercup except that she wants some sort of thing to feel guilty about and Butch just keeps things simple as fuck and punch through it if it says otherwise. Great shot though. Wants mores.
Sisypheria chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
I like how you've given us a glimpse of how both Buttercup and Butch think. How she resents any favoritism and strives to be as fair as possible to her kids because of how she felt in childhood while Butch is concerned with keeping the one thing he never had growing up-love, familial and romantic..all of it. His dialogue with her is perfect: "You're a good guy. I'm a bad guy. You'll be fair and make the tough choices. And me, I'll just be selfish."

Naming all the kids Bruce is freaking hilarious yet very fitting. It makes the reader pause and think, really? But holy crap. It's something they'd do as parents, especially Buttercup. Delving into these characters' minds like this is refreshing (yet on another level almost uncomfortable when you see how tragic some of the side effects of their childhoods are).

Thanks for this short story... It's rare to find something like this, especially in fanfiction. I hesitate at what I want to call it. Realistic? Psycho-analytical? A lot of fanfiction authors go for what they and (much more commonly) their readers want. The idealistic stuff. Fluff. Puppy-love romance. Unfortunately that kind of thing cheapens the values of characters as individuals... You, however, have written an accurate portrayal of how the characters think. I'm rambling now, but damn. Thank you, sbj! Never stop being the writer you are.
Iceagesurvivor123 chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
THIS

IS

TOO

CUTE

Buttercup baby cmere let me cuddle you
Queen of Spiritual chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
Another good fic. I never knew Buttercup and Butch liked the name Bruce that much. I thought it would confusing to name all the kids that. How would they all respond to the name?
Hinallie chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
Hope we enjoyed it? It's your writing how can we /not/?

Fangirl in me aside, I loved this! I was wondering when I got to see some rrbppg spawn and this had just enough dosage to satisfy me :)

I love how even as an adult Buttercup still sort of teeters on that edge that..."I'm a terrible person even though I want to do good..."

At least in her mind...I love the unstability. And I love how simple butch can be...just like "Oh, no big deal."

And even moreso I love how he worded things the way he did...saying he was selfish rather then wanting to help. It lights me up just how...passionate he is 3

And I have to say again...I think the greens are my favorite couple out of the double trios 3

So complex and confusing yet simple and to the point.

Man it is going to be a sad, sad, /sad/ day when/if you ever stop writing.

Keep it up please !
Be-U-tiful chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Very nice I loved it!
bleachUlquiGrimm chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
Aww how sweet. I had always wondered if anyone noticed

how Buttercup just had a name thrown out at her, and you did!

I love how you included that.

And then the dreams, poor Buttercup :( but I believe she would do

the right thing. Great story as always! :D
S.G chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
nice fic, did naming all her kids bruce come from the episode stray bullet? Cause that's what she wanted to name HIM.
Hasten chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
Cute, sbj. I loved Butch's and Buttercup's end conversation, that he made her laugh and it all will eventually be all right. The explanation he gave, I thought, incredible. He'd save them all... because he's selfish. Wow. Good work!
TomboyIsAwesome chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Funny Buttercup name all of her children 'Bruce'. It will be confusing. Sad part is when Butch died.