Reviews for Moment
witchfingers chapter 6 . 1/26/2012
Lovely story!
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 6 . 10/24/2011
Interesting. Very mature of her to want to rebalance the scales, to recognize that the unequal power between them was to their detriment. Nicely done.

P.S. Mr. Stay Puft. You know you want to. ;)
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 4 . 10/24/2011
This might sound bizarre, but I was reading that bit about not being able to clear her head of desires, and I couldn't help but think of Mr. Stay Puft. :)

This is interestingly done - she chooses to stay, chooses to do as he "said" and he is in fact her slave to near exhaustion and not in a way that entirely pleases her.
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 2 . 10/24/2011
"...smuggled her enemy safely past friendly lines..." - love that line!
startraveller776 chapter 6 . 10/20/2011
Oh, yes, very much like a Grimm fairy tale. What an intriguing read to have just before bedtime, thank you.

I'm sorry that Quality Control has resigned her post, but I can imagine that there are several others who are happy to fill the position on the promise of another good Labyrinth story.

So, really, there's no excuse to stop writing in this fandom. *wink*

I am curious, however, if all of your stories have this kind of fairy tale narrative. I'd be interested to see.
startraveller776 chapter 5 . 10/20/2011
I think this, above all, embodies the essence that is Sarah. Despite her teenage run in the Labyrinth, and whining about fairness, there is a spirit of "making things right" about her, that stripped of tantrums becomes compassion. There's a glimmer of it in the film, growing each step toward the center of the Labyrinth.

Well done. I think this is my favorite chapter thus far.
startraveller776 chapter 4 . 10/20/2011
Hm. Very interesting take you have going on there. Again, so much of that fairy tale feeling-the original kind, with the punches still there, the dark, the disturbing along with the light and the hope.

(And you know, there are some exceptional writers in this fandom that would be willing to take up the cross should you choose to continue to write about that awful glam rock 80's David Bowie character. *tongue is well-inserted into cheek* I can gladly point you in the right direction.)

YES I AM AN ENABLER AND DAMN PROUD OF IT.
startraveller776 chapter 3 . 10/20/2011
"The danger is the glimpse, the knowledge of what else."

Oh, yes. Yes, indeed. Well put.

I like how this is weaving together like the original fairy tales I used to read as a child.

(And no, I have no inappropriately snarky remark for this review. Breathe easy.)
startraveller776 chapter 2 . 10/20/2011
"...when he should be figuring out how to smirk with a beak..."

LOL! Love that line.

And now you've gone and done your homework: Irene. The manga comic step-mom. Daring choice. (It's fanon that her name is Karen. Ha!)

Wounded owl. Hm. Is the king being tricky or not?

(And dammit. How can you not be a fan of David Bowie? *looks at you as if you'd sprouted a third eye, or if you already had one, a fourth and a fifth*)
startraveller776 chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
"The moment she learns to fear the power she has over him."

Oooo... Quite the beginning.

And after you screamed, "YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME!" when I attempted to lure you into the BEST FANDOM THERE IS (and that's saying a lot because I'm a Trekkie, too-which is the oldest fandom there is-but then, they do not have David Bowie and The Pants, so really, how good can they be?), I figured you'd walk away. But you can't stay away, can you? It's inevitable. I started by writing a couple of crappy parodies and thought, "Hey, that was fun. Glad I got that out of my system. Now back to Star Trek."

*sigh*

10 posted stories later (that doesn't include the 9 works in progress-nor the story on my *cough*other*cough* profile and the wip there too... OMG I AM CHAINED TO THIS FANDOM!)

Ahem.

My point is two-fold: There really is no use in trying to escape the inevitable (and you are now on my alert list, because I think there's a good chance you might not be able to resist the muse. She's incredibly compelling). Second, this review has gotten out of hand, and I apologize.
LadyBowie1947 chapter 6 . 10/19/2011
This is very good, but it seems too much like a summary and not like a story...
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 6 . 10/19/2011
You can't blame anything on me, not when you purposefully go vague and as a reader I really like how being answered.
arynwy chapter 6 . 10/18/2011
Oh, so she is capable of letting go in a way - if only for a moment at a time. Sarah IS truly caught up in the old-world fairytale. Nicely done.
Bookworm Gal chapter 6 . 10/18/2011
A beautiful finish to this story. You are so talented at putting so much into so few words; a statement I've mentioned a few times by now...

Great work. Good luck.
JHaines chapter 5 . 10/17/2011
I liked it! Left me hanging though. lol.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »