Reviews for Apple Folly
Pennen Inkwell chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
Great fic and it was a really fun read.
Guitar Amateur chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
After the end of the story, one thing was bothering me: what on earth "vanilla sugar" was... what do ya know, it's just vanilla flavored sugar! Vanilla beans placed in sugar being the homemade kind... I think I'll make some.

Thanks for the cooking fun! I did not appreciate the inappropriate joke at the beginning, but I liked everything else.
gojoaz11 chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
I'm not surprised Dash couldn't do that, the recipe's pretty advanced for anyone.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
A great short story, glad I took the time read it!
He Who See's chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Again, much like with "I ain't got no accent," this fic is of such an impecable quality, that save for the fact that it wasn't a fic and that you used an inappropriate joke or word, I'd say that this would be very very close to being an actual episode. I applaud you good sir.
samusbot chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
Lol! I wonder what my culinary arts teach would think of both the story and the recipe?
Jonny Manz chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Holy hot damn, Connor. I love it whenever authors link to music within their story (in order to set a more effective mood), or in your case, link to (or put at the end of a story) a recipe, for example. It may not add as much as music does to a story, but I still like the unique flavor it lends to a story.

That having been said, as soon as I got the Author Alert e-mail that you'd posted a new fic, I of course had to read it right away! Speaking of which, boy, am I glad I subscribed to you! Anyways back on track, sort of. So, I decide to check Eq. Daily, just out of curiosity, to see if it had been posted there. I was not expecting to find that this was the result of a speed-writing prompt from months ago! I'm going to assume that the reason you waited this long to post it was because you were putting your typical Connor Cogwork level of polish on it, but if you weren't, and it really is as it was when you wrote it in that two hour span, then holy crap, man, you are awesome (in fact, way beyond awesome) at writing! I could also make a joke about how you were holding out on us, but it just doesn't feel appropriate, I'm too tired for humor, and I've spent far too long rambling on about topics not really having to do with the actual content of your story. Bleh.

Anyways, I think one of the things I like the best of your fics (I've read all your pony ones, and might give the others a shot as well, even though I know next to nothing about the shows they're based on) is how well-structured and organized they are. It lends to a good, easy flow to the story, and just enhances the overall experience. Plus, I don't know whether it's your wording or what, but all your fics seem... cleaner (not content-wise) than the average fic. Hmmm... I think that it might be because in all your fics I've read, I can't recall a single grammatical or spelling error. Hmm. Whereas "Past Sins," an otherwise flawless (IMO) fic, was absolutely plagued with them, unfortunately.

I must admit, that "easy" joke at the beginning kind of caught me off-guard, especially since this is a K-rated fic. Who knows, maybe my mind's just in the gutter.

I also think that structuring this fic like a recipe was certainly an inspired choice. It made everything, all the events, so organized, and I'm like Twilight, where I love organization, and getting organized. That cutaway to Derpy (or do you prefer the name Ditzy?) was also quite well-placed for comedic timing.

All the ponies seemed to be very well in-character, especially Dash. She would rush through a recipe, and not take the time to really understand it.

Well, I think that's everything I could think to comment on, so I'll just end by saying that for a piece of nice, slice-of-life fluffiness, this is really, really good. Though considering your track record, I'm not surprised. I give this a 4.9/5, and a guarantee that I'll rate this 5-stars if it ever gets posted on Eq Daily.

PS - I can't wait for the sequel to "On a Cross and Arrow!" :)
Number Six-Sixtysix chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
This is a fairly amusing story, although I must admit I don't think I'm in quite the right position to fully appreciate the humour. For example, whilst burning a pan of water is _the_ classic humorous kitchen disaster, it stops being funny when you've seen it happen (my brother is now a fully qualified chef - hows that for disquieting thoughts?). And I'm afraid I can't really sympathise with the idea of being a _total_ culinary failure. Whilst I admit my cooking isn't exactly top rate, all of my experiments are edible, and usually recognisable, too. But, to be fair, I do only have two complaints about the story itself. Firstly - Why did you have to write a story about food? I'm starving now! Secondly - about the recipe. Would it have _killed_ you to post this a few weeks ago, when I still had access to a kitchen and the necessary supplies? I'm going to have to wait _months_ before I can try this out now!

Just in case you couldn't tell through all the complaining (and trust me, it _is_ complaining), I did actually like this a fair bit, and I do look forward to seeing more.
Dagrocks chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
She will taste defeat and then cut herself 4 times in her fart box.