Reviews for Her Only Victory
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
/reviewing old things
/because profile stalking
/and wondering if Gamma ever wrote freeverse
This is my kind of freeverse. IT's not overstyled — it's prosey, with poetic line breaks that make it fall under the technical definition of a freeverse, if not the ffn oft-used definition.

I love the contrast between Parvati and Padma, because just their sortings prove that they are very different, and that's a fantastic thing to capitalise on.
The part about people assuming they'd be Gryffindors because they only ever saw Parvati is so believable and so heartbreaking.
And the sibling rivalry is just portrayed beautifully.
rainbowlollipops15 chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
very well written, great idea! i love it!
DaydreamingSlytherin chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
This is amazing. Padma always does seem to be left out a lot. I can personally relate to Padma more than Parvati. You did a great job at Padma's jealousy and her strive to be better than Parvati.
ArsenalReal14 chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
I usually pair Blaise with Parvati but this was wonderful :). I like Padma more than Parvati and it does seem as though Padma is left out a lot.

Parvati has everything and Padma just has her books and her wit (which is awesome).

In this poem, Padma just wants to beat her sister at something, be first a something. It's kinda sad that she had to choose this way but it's still really good :)
JPLE chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
You know the most shameful thing about this is the fact that I read it when it was first posted and didnt review. Shame on me.

Oh, and I just got your PM. Please don't feel the need to reply to all of these! I'm happy just making my way through, hitting the review button every now and then. You have so many of these that at some stage I'm going to have to rest and recouperate anyway...and then get back to it after a few hours sleep ;)

Anyway, I really have never read Blaise and anyone, much less a Patil sister. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever read a Patil sister and anyone :S Can you tell I have a select few pairings I stick religiously to? Shame on me again.

BUT I LOVED THIS.

Really, I did. Even more than the Lily Luna/Scorpius one. I really, really loved it. To the point where I have nothing constructive to say about it at all because I am blinded by amazement.

Ego boost yay!

Excellent characterisation of Padma, and her struggle with being the sister-left-behind. Excellent use of sexuality, again, to portray the move from innocence to adulthood.

Singing in the Dead of Night chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
I really really liked this story! This was my favorite line...

"Blaise was everything

Padma wished

the rest of the world was."

I never really thought about this paring, but I really like it. I think you expressed Padma's jealousy very well. Good job!
disturbinglyprofound chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
sad but sweet. i enjoyed it either way.
TheLittleLurker chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
I did not know I liked Padma/Blaise, but apparently I do. o.o
You'reABirdOfTheSummer chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
I love the twin rivalry, it's a such a good contrast to the Fred and George relationship in the books.

This was very well done :)
obsessivegirl73 chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
Aww poor Padma... :( never really saw her like that, but it's certainly an interesting perspective. Nice job! :D
LadyLilyAshley chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Never would have thought of this ship and had no idea it was going to be poetry but I liked it. I thought you did a great job with the dichotomy of the two sisters and Padma's jealousy. Great job!
Kicon chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Wow, this was great!

Kicon
Asking Me Where My Love Grows chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Aw, I do love me some Blaise/Padma.

This was kind of sad, though. ):

- sob -

I like how you did the whole sibling rivalry thing and about Blaise not even knowing who Parvati was.

I kind of wonder what happened after they did the deed. Did Blaise break up with her? Did she break up with him? They didn't leave happily ever after, did they?

Why do people never live happily ever after? :(

Nice job!