Reviews for Vengeance of the Phoenix
Gogmagog chapter 2 . 10/12/2011
A manga series to check up on that has the same 'world gone mad' theme as BR, is 'Ikigami'. The series has a number of volumes released in english. The setting deals with a program set up that is supposed to 'Encourage people to appriciate life' this is done by random people getting a capsule injected when they are in kindigarten that will activate when they reach a certain age and kill them.(Yes, quite a number of problems with this.) Supposedly, being aware that you could die at a certain time will make people appriciate life more. *cough cough*
Frosty Wolf chapter 2 . 10/12/2011
Very impressive, but some things are still unclear. Like what is a daishi'cha or an avalonian? Still, this should be a big help in the future. I look forward to reading more.
Gogmagog chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
While BR is 'sick' or 'sickening' (As a reviewer here has said) I think the creator did it as a political message about conflicts between the young/old/establishment. (Even though these messages tend to be obtuse) I have unfortunatly lost the web address, but one reviewer commented on how BR reflects a fear/anger between generations. Sort of a 'You young people don't appriciate what we had to go through' and 'You old people screwed everything up'!
Frosty Wolf chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Very interesting, you’ve taken one of the sicker series out there and you’re doing something to improve it.

I didn’t know much about this series before I looked it up, but I like what you are doing with it.

Now, there are a few things I would like to draw to your attention too, minor critiques.

You have a lot of characters active at any given time, very well done by the way. But with so many characters I, and possibly other readers, have trouble knowing who is who. Especially when you use lesser known series like Gall Force, Bubblegum Crisis, and even fan made characters.

In, Phoenix from the Ashes, you had a character list at the end that is helping me try to read through it now. Include one earlier, while your focusing on the main story, could help your readers keep up.

There are also some of the terms you are using. I recognize Avalonians and a few other things from other works of yours, but new readers would not. I think that adding a glossary chapter to cover who these people and groups are, or just adding a section at the bottom of the next chapter, would be a major benefit to your readers. Myself included.

You are a very skilled writer, but your style might be a little too highbrow for some readers. This may be part of the reason your review count is so low, even in review heavy sections like Harry potter. This is not meant to be a flame and I hope you do not take it as such. These are just suggestions to help your readers follow your work. I hope you will continue to write more in the future.
Vanipon chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
man what a mess the program makes to anyone head. There are few things that trully piss me off, one of them is to pity friend against friend in a mortal duel.

In my personal belief, only god has the right to "kill" someone, since he knows when he will need to "call back" someone soul to the afterlife, so those that engineered and still support the program have a karma volume as big as that Tsunami that recently hit Japan.

Anyway it's a good story filled with drama and emotion. I'll be waiting for the next chapter