Reviews for Sense and Flexibility
Craft Rose chapter 49 . 2/26
Yo...

That was...I mean...what.

*deep breath*

This is going to be a long review lol. I absolutely adore this story, for several reasons:

1) Shepard and Garrus' banter. Never, in any work of fan fiction, have I enjoyed the dialogue, as much as I have in this one. Seriously. It was humourous, natural, and affectionate; at the right times, between the right people. You didn't miss a beat. As a fan fiction writer myself, I know how difficult it can be to capture that vibe. I honestly have to bow down to you haha. Straight up. You good.

2) Yay detail! I think I mentioned this in an earlier review, but I'll say it again. I LOVE the amount of detail in this story (and especially this chapter lol).

3) As someone who can't stand Kaidan and Liara, I thoroughly enjoyed your characterizations of them haha. Brilliant. And then there's Thane...sigh. Where can I find me a drell assassin? It makes me so sad when I remember what happens to him in the third game. Damn. Fucking Kai Leng and his fucking fuck. *clears throat* Anyway, good stuff.

And now I will read the next chapter, even though I don't want to...because it's the last one. *tear* No pressure on the sequels, as I know how time consuming all this fan fiction stuff can be, but I, and countless others, am willing to wait as long as it takes.

Cheers!
Sylvan Moon chapter 51 . 2/9
I spent the better part of the week marathoning your 50-chapter story and I'm glad I did. It is an awesome story and I know you worked really hard on it and I just want you to know that your effort has made a lot of Garrus fangirls happy.

When I first started playing ME, I was dead set on romancing Thane, having scanned possible LIs before playing. I chose him based on looks, and being a sleek assassin certainly made him hot. But ME happened, and my Shepard kept going back to talk to the space cowboy-turian with the gravelly voice. She fell for him, then, but it wasn't until ME 2 that she could do something about it. And besides, after I talked to Thane, I knew there would be no one else for him but Irikah. It kinda felt like Shepard was the 3rd wheel. The romance in ME 2 was kinda lackluster for me but ME 3 made up for it. I'll go check out more of your stories. Thanks so much for this one.
Sylvan Moon chapter 39 . 2/8
I love Garrus to bits. I really, really do. But in this chapter, Thane totally whoops his ass. Adorable drell.
OrionRedde chapter 49 . 1/30
*insert hallelujah chorus here*
Riladell chapter 50 . 1/24
Well... I wanted so much to say.
This story, it is marvelous.
I just finished playing ME1 first time. Well, what can I say. It happens that I haven't enought time and need to play games often before. I tried my best to avoid as many spoilers as possible, so when I met Garrus in the game I knew nothing about him. I liked him from the first sight and was very dissapointed that he wasn't a romance option in the first game.
I found this story yesterday in the evening. I spent 7 hours reading it, I just couldn't stop. It was 5 a.m. when I finished it and could go get some sleep.
I've read dozens of different fanfics to different games and tv shows and I am so used to that most of them show two characters in love with each other, fully aware of it, aching for each other, and I have never thought that it would be such a pleasure to read such a long story which is for 80% about friendship and nothing more. Very close friendship but still friendship.
I have to admit that I skipped some parts that seemed to be spoilers for me, cause I still have ME2 and ME3 to run, but I am definitely will read the story again from I think 10th chapter after I finish playing these two games.
The story is geniius, the relationship between Shepard and Garrus are so perfect, amazing, beautiful and tender. So touching. I am absolutely in love in Garrus from your story. You wrote everything perfect. This is really the best fanfiction story that I have ever read, and I remind you, there have been dozens of them and I try to chose from most favorited ones. It is just my opinion but still...
I am so exited to play ME2 now, oh god... :)
I want to thank you for this amazing view on this relationship and for this amazing and beautiful story!

PS. I am sorry if there are some grammar or other mistakes, cause english is my second language.
tymofey chapter 42 . 12/23/2014
Miscommunication strikes back. A pity all drama seems to be based on it.
tymofey chapter 38 . 12/23/2014
The magical serum is a dengerous road. Next thing know you suddenly have interspecies offsring.
tymofey chapter 24 . 12/22/2014
And so, the horrible case of miscommunication has been averted.
Bekah Booh chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
OMG I LOVE YOUR STORY!
VeeIsMe chapter 49 . 12/21/2014
My word. That...

That was one of the most heart-wrenchingly perfect renditions of this scene I have EVER read.
The fact that it took 49 chapters to happen just made it all the more perfect when it finally DID happen. Few authors have EVER played such beautiful music on my heartstrings with their words as you just did with this chapter.

I... I don't even know how to express this properly. Damn. You're awesome, Roarkshop.
VeeIsMe chapter 9 . 12/20/2014
My goodness this story is amazing. I'm not quite sure how I found it, which is a damn shame because I want to thank the person who recommended it to me!

Shakarian is my OTP for Mass Effect. And this is just such a beautifully well done Shakarian story, even at the "still just bros because we're in ME1 territory" point. I cannot WAIT to see where this goes, because already the bond between Garrus and Shepard is just so dang beautiful and deeply emotioned.
MidnightFenrir chapter 51 . 12/9/2014
Hey, just wanted to say I loved that story. It was brillantly done and I really liked how you managed to express Garrus' character along with his turian attributes.

I'll be waiting for the sequel.
Craft Rose chapter 30 . 12/6/2014
I'll be honest. I'm not sure how I feel about the turians referring to Jacob as "the dark human" when no such observation has been made regarding "lighter" humans; such as Shepard and Miranda, and even Jack. In the Mass Effect 'verse, most humans in power are people of colour (e.g. Udina and Anderson) which leads me to believe the other races (turians, asari, salarians, etc) wouldn't make an archaic distinction to do with darker skin tone. But whatever. That's just me being picky lol.

Other than that, I'm in love with this fic! The amount of detail is refreshing. Most Femshep/Garrus fics jump right in to the ME2 sex scene, but there's some real development here. I appreciate that, and it's always great to see an author who's enthusiastic about his/her work. It's clear you're fond of your characters and care enough about them, to include back stories and really, truly flesh them out into fully realized people. I love that.

Though, I will say Garrus is a little too OOC for me. I feel like his characterization was right on target in the first few chapters, and then his feelings for Shepard moved a mile a minute, and he turned into this overprotective boyfriend type.

Bit weird.

Again, I'm just being picky. It's hard not to notice these things, when everything else in your fic is so well-written and true to ME.

Either way, consider me a fan! I can't wait to read the rest.
Cryptum1 chapter 51 . 11/29/2014
Okay I know this story is finished but oh my GOD I loved reading this! I mean, jesus, I laughed at every single creative curse, I loved how well written it is, and how you developed the relationship between Garrus and Shepard. I just wanted to tell you how much I loved your story! :D
ohmyglobwhat chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
You are wonderful and inspiring. You better keep writing, even if it doesn't end up being Shakarian! Thank you for thinking of us!
1,375 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »