Reviews for The Power of the Mind ORIGINAL
Stormwing89 chapter 22 . 8/1
First time reading this story, but yeah, I guessed it. The inconsistent behavior, different personalities, memory loss, and use of different phrases when put together was a pretty big hint. Especially the phrases- usage of terms of endearment versus usage of the phrase "for the greater good" (apparently Grindelwald's catchphrase.) Also, I must congratulate you. I believe this is the first time I've ever found a story suggesting this particular reason for Dumbledore's actions, and yet it explains A LOT about the canon plotline while avoiding going off into Dumbledore the Dark Lord land, however much fun stories written there can be. So congrats on a unique and well scripted plot hole filler.
Inspector Gaster chapter 18 . 7/22
Great rounding! *thumbs up*
Bronze chapter 16 . 3/22
Hey, if you're reading this, flamers have no ideas of their own that they dare write as they fear being flamed in turn. I however DO NOT lfame anyone who has the courage to post anything they write. I write but don't have the courage to post. Besides, I've only writen one fanfict and it's not HP. Now to the best part. This story is so damn good and the laughs I've gotten from some parts make reading it well worth it. So thanks for posting it. I'm noty sure if the other one with this same title is by you or not but I don't think it's as good.
Bob-Just-Bob chapter 4 . 2/24
Cliche fest. Harry bragging with his abuse scars, "Cry for me! I have earned it." I physically can't read more.
sterces35 chapter 8 . 11/17/2015
good chapter, thanks.
But ipods or iphones didn't exist in the 90's
Saissa chapter 10 . 10/22/2015
Didn't expect that from Hermione, but then on the other hand it fits her perfectly because Harry has been groomed by Dumbles via Ron to be the dumb little wizard who needs help...
Lliono chapter 3 . 10/13/2015
You're a good writer but I don't really like the idea of fairy-like goblins :/
SortingHat chapter 3 . 7/15/2015
If it's a window being broken then whoever did it should be on CCTV Spies R US system that the Magistrate has enforced. Sadly when the people become fat and lazy the government no longer does things for us they do things TO us and that is a huge difference!
SortingHat chapter 1 . 7/15/2015
How come he didn't go to a Best Western or Super 8? The rooms would've been better and especially Best Western has some sort of a breakfast. In the older days some hotels like that even had rations of eggs/pancakes and oatmeal/Porridge for Britain.

Many of these hotels also have a computer station with internet you can use as a guest for free when not in use.
Really chapter 2 . 7/2/2015
U know hes only 13 yrs old and hes acts like eianstan

Really
Anachronism chapter 8 . 6/21/2015
Just an observation-the first iPod came on the market in late 2001. The first iPhone in 2007.
Princess Caraboo chapter 2 . 1/23/2015
God I hate the giving Harry a makeover especially making him emo. Especially since in this instance it will only draw attention to him. He'd be better of doing what Tom the a bartender suggested in PS and investing in a hat.
daithi4377 chapter 2 . 11/15/2014
LOL Toxic green hair...that would either totally throw everyone off or draw him more attention because wizards don't usually have unnatural hair colours.
daithi4377 chapter 1 . 11/15/2014
LOL good thing Harry is adaptable lol.
dhasenan chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
Avoid.

The author moved the story's setting forward in time by about a decade just to be able to include ipods and xboxes. Not a good start. The punk makeover was cringe-worthy. Overpowered Harry I can tolerate (somewhat), but removing an intelligence block shouldn't make you an immediate genius in all fields. Learning to program without a computer is extremely difficult, though you might reasonably learn algorithms and complexity analysis without. Escalating the magnitude of abuse from the Dursleys is certainly an option, but if I were going to do that, I'd at least read a few articles on the effects of long-term physical abuse on people and write the character accordingly.

I'm giving up after chapter 10. I had this hanging around on my ereader for a while and thought I'd give it a second go (I lost interest around the same point last time), but no, it's not worth it.
1,211 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »