Reviews for The Power of the Mind ORIGINAL
Cassandra30 chapter 22 . 1/23/2013
I did not see that one coming. I thought possession by LV maybe but GG.
madd09 chapter 29 . 1/23/2013
OMG love love the idea of this story and the way it was written off to read sequel now can not wait
tpx1 chapter 29 . 1/17/2013
I'll be going on to the sequel now
Moonraven81 chapter 29 . 1/16/2013
loved this book immensely, cant wait to read more
G Fawkes chapter 9 . 1/10/2013
Ok, um... nevermind.

The ch 9 a/n clears up all the technology stuff. That might have been helpful before... but as a rule I usually refuse to read a/n's. Stumbled on this one accidently.
G Fawkes chapter 8 . 1/10/2013
Not complaining, great story and all, but I noticed a slight technological issue. Adding Harry's 13 years to 1981, it's now 1994, right. So... thinking back to my first home computer, a 95 Compaq Presario with a (whopping) 1 gig memory (Best-Buy package price with printer $2700.00 U.S.), then I'm guessing this library probably couldn't have 'rows of computers', and maybe we're thinking more along 'modern' times, without adjusting?
Likewise, iPods and iPhones weren't around yet, either, though I won't argue, 'cuz I don't want to look it up, but 'internet' was still "dial-up" through a modem and took forever. I can vaguely remember my first, big klunky, cell-phone and I think it was like '93 or '94. (my son was born October '89, and it was way, WAY after that) My first cell phone that could get internet, was only about 6 years ago.
Just trying to 'keep it real', historically.
G Fawkes chapter 4 . 1/10/2013
" ... that if Griphook wasn't ready for him, he would be sat over on one of the available waiting benches."

I don't feel like soap-boxing here, so if anyone cares, 'would be sat' is WRONG and you could be killed, or even worse, expelled!

Yeah, yeah, looked it up and everything, years ago... colloquialism from the U.K., not accepted as 'proper' blah, blah, blah... whatever. It's 'will be sitting', b*tches!
Mionefan chapter 15 . 1/9/2013
I think in answer to your A/N at the beginning, I may have a partial answer. Most people discount the notion that JKR got it right for the pairings. Hermione was almost always there for Harry in canon, very much more than Ron. Ginny doesn't really appear until near the end and I never believed she was anything other than an attempt by JKR to force a "One Big Happy Weasley Family" concept at the end. Hermione and Harry complemented each other so well that it's hard for people to see Hermione other than a best friend or more to Harry.
Even Rowling admitted in an interview that she may have got it wrong after the fact. So most readers relate with Hermione better than most other characters. To pair her with Ron never made sense in any way. Harry then became the only other reasonable alternative.
I fully understand why you separated them in this story, I just wish you had cut her some slack and moved her gently away from Harry, maybe pairing her with Neville.
Mionefan chapter 11 . 1/9/2013
I understand why you did it, but it makes me really unhappy that you've trashed Hermione the way you did. Growing away from her gently would be harder to write but the effort would have soothed my sensibilities better. For Hermione to be that harsh, is too OOC for her. For Harry to respond that way is understandable, but still so wrong. I almost left the story at that point, but will doggedly work my way to hopefully better chapters.
The rest of the story has developed logically, albeit strangely, so it's good enough to continue reading. I'm a little surprised it took 11 chapters to introduce Daphne
Saruviasm chapter 23 . 1/7/2013
I was right about the multiple personality disorder
Saruviasm chapter 22 . 1/7/2013
Multi personality disorder? Possession?alzheimer? Or is dumbles just batshit crazy
Saruviasm chapter 17 . 1/6/2013
JulieSirius *wiggling eyebrows*
JukedSolid chapter 11 . 12/26/2012
in my objective reader aproach that fully realizes this is an opinion i would say this chapter rates rather low compared to the others. 2/5 compared to the consistent 4 and 4.5 of earlier chapters. the plot devices are fine but Harry doesnt speak like a normal teenager anymore. most men sum up their convos to 50 words or less. usually less. in this chapter, harry decided to tell his life story (slight exaggeration but not by much) three different times to a total of about 10 or 11 people. No one is that open about their personal life. write tightly and the quality of your work will increase greatly. Just an opinion but dont rule it out. I have no desire to insult randoms on the internet. In summation, plot is great but dialogue needs work. Have a good day. -JukedSolid
Krav chapter 22 . 12/24/2012
What the fudge, beef?
Svenion chapter 29 . 12/24/2012
love the new and improved Dobby 2.0! I'm looking fwd to harry's animagus form (please, please...not a stag) as well as the first five chapters of the sequel
1,204 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »