Reviews for The Power of the Mind ORIGINAL
Martin Novak chapter 14 . 2/7/2013
You know your Remus is really acting out of character. Remus never gave a shit about Harry for 13 years. One year he taught DADA, then never gave a shit again. Not unless Dumbledore ordered him to. In last year he did come once to curse Harry (for daring to speak up) but that was really only because he wanted to fulfill Dumbledore's last order.

And Snape being manipulated by Dumbledore? Who are you shitting? Snape hates Harry and everything that has anything to do with that boy. He's abused him more than anyone else except Dursleys. If you're gonna blame all that on Dumbledore (which is lame) then next thing we know Dursleys were also manipulated into hating magic, and Harry will be all 'buddy buddy fuck me' with them too, as he is with Snape now.

It seems like you're gonna take everyone who abused Harry in the past, blame it all on Dumbledore (yes he's a dick, but not the ONLY one), and then have Harry lick all of those abusers boots or asses.
kidzannie chapter 29 . 1/30/2013
the story did seem to end in an odd place JRK's end when harry got on the train and not left as a cliffhanger, you could write that it's part one to let people know there is more to come even though this story is finished then people have a choice of waiting until part two is done to read it. myself i will buy the whole trilogy before i read them. i liked the wheel of time books as well i started to read them when there was only four and i stoped at eight because there seemed no end in sight. now there finished i might go back and try again.
that said i really enjoyed your story i thought you did a very good job.
i love to read and have alot of spare time (i'm a full time carer for my husband) fanfiction saves me alot of money.
i thank you for taking the time to write it make my day when i come across a good story.
n.harkin.9 chapter 29 . 1/28/2013
love it!
Guest chapter 29 . 1/26/2013
noooo... why a sequel? i bet you wouldn't finish it. its a trend that i noticed here in ff.
DarkPirateKing69 chapter 20 . 1/25/2013
i've seen the elf-house bond used like this few times, but this complete 180 is something new.. takes some time to get used to it. it's pretty cool, though.
DarkPirateKing69 chapter 10 . 1/25/2013
hermione's reaction was random and totally out of place.. but i guess they needed to go somehow so you can properly introduce daphne to the story.
DarkPirateKing69 chapter 9 . 1/25/2013
my personal opinion is that we entered 'modern times' when internet was conceived.. oh well..
Cassandra30 chapter 22 . 1/23/2013
I did not see that one coming. I thought possession by LV maybe but GG.
madd09 chapter 29 . 1/23/2013
OMG love love the idea of this story and the way it was written off to read sequel now can not wait
tpx1 chapter 29 . 1/17/2013
I'll be going on to the sequel now
Moonraven81 chapter 29 . 1/16/2013
loved this book immensely, cant wait to read more
G Fawkes chapter 9 . 1/10/2013
Ok, um... nevermind.

The ch 9 a/n clears up all the technology stuff. That might have been helpful before... but as a rule I usually refuse to read a/n's. Stumbled on this one accidently.
G Fawkes chapter 8 . 1/10/2013
Not complaining, great story and all, but I noticed a slight technological issue. Adding Harry's 13 years to 1981, it's now 1994, right. So... thinking back to my first home computer, a 95 Compaq Presario with a (whopping) 1 gig memory (Best-Buy package price with printer $2700.00 U.S.), then I'm guessing this library probably couldn't have 'rows of computers', and maybe we're thinking more along 'modern' times, without adjusting?
Likewise, iPods and iPhones weren't around yet, either, though I won't argue, 'cuz I don't want to look it up, but 'internet' was still "dial-up" through a modem and took forever. I can vaguely remember my first, big klunky, cell-phone and I think it was like '93 or '94. (my son was born October '89, and it was way, WAY after that) My first cell phone that could get internet, was only about 6 years ago.
Just trying to 'keep it real', historically.
G Fawkes chapter 4 . 1/10/2013
" ... that if Griphook wasn't ready for him, he would be sat over on one of the available waiting benches."

I don't feel like soap-boxing here, so if anyone cares, 'would be sat' is WRONG and you could be killed, or even worse, expelled!

Yeah, yeah, looked it up and everything, years ago... colloquialism from the U.K., not accepted as 'proper' blah, blah, blah... whatever. It's 'will be sitting', b*tches!
Mionefan chapter 15 . 1/9/2013
I think in answer to your A/N at the beginning, I may have a partial answer. Most people discount the notion that JKR got it right for the pairings. Hermione was almost always there for Harry in canon, very much more than Ron. Ginny doesn't really appear until near the end and I never believed she was anything other than an attempt by JKR to force a "One Big Happy Weasley Family" concept at the end. Hermione and Harry complemented each other so well that it's hard for people to see Hermione other than a best friend or more to Harry.
Even Rowling admitted in an interview that she may have got it wrong after the fact. So most readers relate with Hermione better than most other characters. To pair her with Ron never made sense in any way. Harry then became the only other reasonable alternative.
I fully understand why you separated them in this story, I just wish you had cut her some slack and moved her gently away from Harry, maybe pairing her with Neville.
1,211 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »