Reviews for Staring
I am Shibuya's Composer chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
Vanitas Sempai noticed you, Aqua! Haha! And, I never had a crush or fell in love, you know? So, I never had something to change my appearence. Besides, I really don't like when people changes for certain person. That's why I adored when Vanitas told her nails were better without! I almost squaled!

Basing on friends' experience, yeah, when you don't know what to say to the boy/girl you like you just stay speechless! I always wondered why, but when I read this, I realized that they were really nervous and panicked for not having an answer... How interesting! The brain is just awesome. You can spend all day thinking of what you can tell to THAT person, but when the time comes, you stay speechless and blushed. Haha, I adore how Aqua never discovered what happened in her book xD

I also adored when she ran to Vanitas just to say "I disagree." the 'smirk' I imagine he gave her is just agahshagamshd.

I really liked this one-shot! And nope, I'm not stopping until I review EVERY story I favorited!
Shiori Yomu chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Good job!
(It'd be better if it had more chapters.)
anyway, they are, more or less, not OOC! Good!
Ravensung chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
Your Van/Aqua stories are always the best! Keep it up!
Lilac Phoenix chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
I had started reading this yesterday but stopped then came back today and finished.

I like the AU scenario you used and the fact this one-shot focused more on Aqua's infatuation for Vanitas instead of the other way around. Both weren't OOC so good job there.

What I will say though is that you got A LOT of mistakes that caught my attention XD but I won't sit here and nitpick.

Nice to see a new VanQua fic from you.
Thank you chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
I love your VanitasxAqua stories. To be honest, I've never liked romance genres. I hated them, in fact. However, when I started reading your fanfics, I actually was okay with it. So, because of you, I've started to enjoy romance stories, and I greatly thank you for making me less close-minded and opening me up to a wider world of literature.

Now that all that serious stuff is out of the way, I can say that this particular fanfic was great, once again. I don't know how you come up with some many oneshots like this. Your skills are incredible! I'm so lucky I discovered your fanfic account. Keep up the good work!
AnHeiressofaSOLDIER chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
How you can write Vanitas and Aqua in-character in an AU universe is beyond me. I could never do this! I couldn't even dream of capturing them like this if I didn't have canon to explain their attitudes towards each other. You continue to amaze me, Alacquiene.

And you are an AMAZING writer. Moment that proves this: when Aqua blushed, I blushed! Seriously. You wrote her and her thoughts and feelings so well, that I was blushing with her interaction with Vanitas. That is an amazing accomplishment.

Hahaha. Why do I have the feeling Vanitas was testing Aqua? That he knew that she liked him, and that he was giving her false information on how to "improve herself" for him. Of course, I think Vanitas would only respect someone who stood up to him (or somewhat insult him) like Aqua ended up doing.

And he so would scratch her nail, too. LOL.

There were so many lines in this that cracked me up. Like how she thought he was a demon, and that it was all sinful. And how running in the library was a criminal offense to her. She kind of reminds me of Hemione in this. And the way they'd fight and bicker makes me think of Ron and Hermione. LOL.

Aqua clearly doesn't know how to have down time. It reminds me of this quote from the book "Forever" by Maggie Stiefvater, "Mom had said once that I didn't know how to have downtime and that I should be sedated when I didn't have school." I think this applies to Aqua. LOL.

You know, I'm kind of like that though. But also a bit like Vanitas in that I live in my own mind more than the real world sometimes. But as a writer, it's hard to not be carried away by imagination.

Aqua's quite silly in this, but it's why I love it. It's very realistic. The fact that she doesn't annoy him with unneeded questions is probably why he chooses to give her a chance. Just being her and respecting his space is enough.

Your writing is so beautiful, Alacquiene. You capture everything so wonderfully that you seem to paint a picture. Your use of synonyms, descriptions, and sensory detail is astounding. And I think you've improved in tense, too.

And your use of the word "aloof" put a smile on my face. One, because it's a good way to describe Vanitas. Two, because I love the Fortune Teller episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender! Sokka tells Aang to be aloof towards the girl he likes, and he thinks Aang's so good at it, but Sokka had thought he meant a different girl. He was really trying to get his sister Katara. LOL.

Also, I love the way you ended this. I like that Aqua holds onto hope despite Vanitas' somewhat cruel words. That is so Aqua right there. And the ending quote "So she kept smiling, because above everything else, only one realization mattered: he noticed." is pure poetry! It ended this on such a high and beautiful note.

Amazing job, hon! I'm so glad to have you back. Your work continues to awe me. *hugs*

-Shanna
Regardless1604 chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
Oh my gosh, this was amazing. I was glued to the screen as I read it and nothing could take me away. I usually really dislike AU's, but... this was just so good. Besides, I love Vanqua, or whatever that couple is called, and this ammounts to one word: Amazing. Beatiful. One of the best KH stories I have ever read. Okay, that's more than one word, but whatever :P Loved it.

~A.J.
Kiryn chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
AND IT FINALLY LETS ME REVIEW! Sorry, but for some reason my computer was being stupid, and was just not loading this little window. :/ But it works now!

Ahem. So, I'm thinking that I desperately need to put you on Author Alert or something, because otherwise I would totally have missed this little beauty for, like, the longest time, and then I'd have found it and felt extremely stupid for missing it before. Thankfully, I was passing through, and I did see this (after doing a double take, I may add...), and thus we can now bypass the feeling stupid for missing this part.

So. SO. This story right here. It probably won't surprise you to hear that I love it (as I've loved all of your AquVan stories). Also, can I just say that I love your description of Vanitas's eyes as being like "little suns"? Because now I feel like smacking myself, because strangely that analogy has NEVER OCCURED TO ME BEFORE. SO THAT MAKES YOU THE GENIUS THAT THOUGHT OF IT FIRST. Seriously though, you are so right, they're yellow, and having them be like yellow suns...like, holy crap, but that just helps give me the clearest mental image of Vanitas ever, and just...I am in awe. No, really. You just totally blew me away.

(And now I'm so so so going to appropriate this description. LOVE FOREVER!) :)

Anyway, I just love how Aqua doesn't let Vanitas get away. I mean, Aqua can be prone to uncertainty and such, but she's assertive when she wants/needs to be, you know? Well, obviously you know, because you're one of the best Aqua writers, if not the best one, that I've ever come across in fanfiction.

So, yeah. I'm going to be favoriting this and am finally going to put you on my author alert. AND NOW NO MORE OF YOUR STORIES SHALL ALMOST SNEAK PAST ME! :)

And also also, because I've been pretty much...well, dead and had fallen off the face of the earth for quite a while. So, I'm soooooo sorry to infinity that I haven't PMed you in an ungodly length of time. I swear to you that I've been MEANING to since...August (fml, seriously), but THINGS keep happening, and then I kept putting you and a couple other people on the backburner, and thus now we've come onto...October, and I still haven't replied. So, I have no idea WHEN I'll finally manage to do it, but I swear that I WILL, and I really am truly sorry for the radio silence.
Princess of Rose chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
As good as always. :)
WishingDreamer5 chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
Wow, I think that this wait was really worth the wait. I love how you can make something this amazing from such a simple theme. That's so Alacquine-esque that I'm not surprised at all. The characterization was spot-on, too, as usual. So... welcome back? :P
MonMonCandie chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
It has been a while! Glad to see you're still active. :)

I kinda like this, though I'm sort of jealous of how well Aqua can study all the time... I could use that. xD I kinda laughed when she was trying to rationalize her attraction to Vanitas. That just sounds so...like her I guess? LOL It was cute how she was trying to catch his attention and then she got it. Yay! :3

Your writing never ceases to amaze me! :) Something to point out though, one of the last few paragraphs were center-aligned. I don't know if that was intention, but just letting you know since I felt it was kinda off? Haha! xD Great job!