Reviews for Of Velvet Hat Boxes and Lousy Headlines
Excellent story!
Ealasaid Una chapter 21 . 7/23/2012
awesome chapter
Ealasaid Una chapter 19 . 7/23/2012
wow, her boss supports her.
Ealasaid Una chapter 7 . 7/23/2012
wow, she's brave
flyspecks chapter 14 . 5/30/2012
"A wild Race passed us by" -That line was and is absolutely brilliant!

I can't believe Izzie actually punched Carlos! And the fact that Sarah is so awesome makes me so happy! I'm so glad you actually included her and made her cool.

Also, hadn't Izze met David's mom when they were running across the rooftops and had to hide at his place?
flyspecks chapter 13 . 5/30/2012
Oh Carlos...what are you doing? Can't we all just be friends?

I can only imagine what's going to happen next...

Also, I love Izzie's dad being all "My daughter's got a boyfriend hehehe!"
flyspecks chapter 12 . 5/25/2012
Oh Carlos. Carlos, Carlos, Carlos, you cocky boy, you.

I'm afraid to see Jack's reaction when the only Cubans that show up are Carlos and Izzie.

Also, I keep forgetting to mention how much I love you throwing in Spanish(?) when some of the Cuban characters are talking!

I can't wait to see the rally!
flyspecks chapter 11 . 5/23/2012
BLINK! Not gonna lie, I was waiting for him to show up :)

I love the way this chapter ended, with Lizzie summing things up pretty nicely. I also like the realistic nature of Izzie and Lola's fight. So many stories have friends get angry and then jump right back into friendship as if nothing happened, so it's refreshing to see this take.

flyspecks chapter 10 . 5/22/2012
The description of newsies with obsidian fingers was brilliant!

I can't wait to see how Carlos recruits his fellow Cubans, and I can't wait to see the true reason as to why Lola doesn't like newsboys, because I feel like it's more than just Carlos getting beat up...

flyspecks chapter 9 . 5/22/2012
Carlos is amazing, and he acted just how I wanted/expected/hoped he would! I really do wonder why Lola hates the newsies so much; I can't wait to find out.

I love how you incorporated the line "When you're in the paper your famous" line, and how you included Teddy Roosevelt; that was brilliant.

flyspecks chapter 8 . 5/22/2012
This entire chapter was so exciting! I felt like I was right there, running across the rooftops with Izzie and Jack and David! I loved the commentary between the two boys as well. It was so perfect!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Izzie views Spot...

flyspecks chapter 7 . 5/22/2012
Oh my god, Pulitzer is so frightening, I definitely would not want to be in Izzie's shoes.

NOW RUN, GIRL, RUN!

flyspecks chapter 6 . 5/22/2012
Your description of Pulitzer in Izzie's dream/nightmare was absolutely terrific! It was so vivid and creepy...

I love how well the boys planned everything out, and how Izzie was able to play the role so perfectly. And she's so right...frightened horses are horrifying, all thrashing hooves and high-pitched squealing. Yikes!

flyspecks chapter 5 . 5/22/2012
Oh goodness...newsie sandwich, now who wouldn't want one of those?

I really like how Jack refers to Izzie as Cuba (for the most part), because it's kind of like her own little newsie nickname. And David is so in character that I can't even discern him from the David in the movie...if that makes sense?

flyspecks chapter 4 . 5/22/2012
"Would there be rats in jail?" Ha ha! That was a wonderful way to end the chapter!

I'm looking forward to seeing how Izzie accepts the offer (because, well, I just know she must!).

And, once again, I loved your characterization of Jack and, especially, Davey.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »