Reviews for Kiss the Cook
yellowbananaowl chapter 1 . 7/14
Hahaha, this is brilliant so far :D
(except the fact that Arthur wasn't playing yellow car, due to concentration. You're ALWAYS playing yellow car! It's the law!)
but bonus points for the JFSP reference and Arthur being absolutely adorable :D
His welcome speech should be written on a cup!
QueenPaige chapter 3 . 12/23/2012
Oh my god. I love this fic.
Hey chief, I might be wrong but I think it's been over a year since you last updated this. This makes me feel that a new chapter is very unlikely. One thing we could do is... wait for another chapter? How does that sound to you?
Sorry this sounds so soaked kitten but really this fic is brilliant.
I really wish it was finished but thank you for what you did write!
mille chapter 3 . 11/2/2012
obsessionisawonderfulthing chapter 3 . 8/26/2012
Lovelovelovelovelove thissssssss caAAAaAVitIEssss
obsession-is-my-life chapter 3 . 7/30/2012
Love the story! Hope you plan on completing it...
Handful of Silence chapter 3 . 1/23/2012
I'm really enjoying the way this story's going - I've never really considered Martin/Arthur as a pairing before, but I like the way you are developing their friendship to make it believable. The character voices are spot on - Carolyn muttering about hiding the student body's in the snow in particular - and I love how Arthur went into 'steward mode' when taking Martin into the house. Small brit-pick niggles aside (Martin probably wouldn't say 'block' or 'fall') this is a great story, and I hope you continue with this! )
Wannabe-creative-author chapter 3 . 10/30/2011
Aawwww this is so cute :)
ceres51892 chapter 3 . 10/26/2011
*makes loud squealing noises* I'm so glad to see another update! I thought it would never come whilst I lived. Because I am paranoid. Not because it actually took an abnormally long amount of time. Because it didn't.

Anyway YES!

Sorry if this is over-energetic to you! It's just, with sentences containing phrases such as SENDING FACIAL SUNBEAMS and SMILING DOWN EACH OTHER'S THROATS how can I not be... fan girly-! XD

It's just... the sweetness of them. Gah.

Anyway, yeah. Just... yeah. It's so cute how they don't completely realize what they're feeling, but the beginnings of love are so obviously in the air, and Douglas is just over there plotting...

I wanted to hurt those passengers for making Arthur uncomfortable. BUT THEN IT GOT BETTER AND NOW HE AND MARTIN ARE GOING TO LOOK AT THE BROCHURE OMG.

*breathes* I get too excited over the smallest things...

Oh, and I also wanted to say how unbelievably good I think your characterization is for, well, everyone. But especially Arthur. I can hear his voice so clearly in my head saying the lines.

I loved the part where he asked Carolyn for some advice, too. It's always nice to see her being a bit sweeter to her son, and I don't think there are enough moments for the two of them, you know? Also interesting to note how they are more alike than anyone notices.

Um... rambly review is rambly. Update soon!

KayLeFay chapter 3 . 10/25/2011
I love this story! There can never be too much Martin/Arthur, and I'm also quite partial to slow burn stories like this one. I love your characterization of Arthur; how he retreats into his own head where everything turns out well and everyone's a friend. Please update again soon!
Desert Venom chapter 2 . 10/20/2011
This is absolutely BRILLIANT! I love it so far! And I definitely have no problem with the slow-progression! Because I know once the next part is out, it'll be...well...brilliant!

Keep up the good work! :)
Shirlock chapter 2 . 10/20/2011
This was adorable! I love it and it's great because there isn't much Cabin Pressure fanfiction out there, let alone Martin/Arthur, which is my favourite! Hope you update soon! X
ceres51892 chapter 2 . 10/14/2011
Ah, Arthur. He is a lot smarter than he lets on, isn't he? If only more people realized that he can be quite brilliant himself. But then again, it's cute that Martin's seeing him differently than everyone else.

Still, it IS a bit sad. Like when he woke up all stiff and just said in a flat voice 'What did I do now?' That startled me, like, what must he expect all the time...? It seemed so... un-Arthur-y, if that makes sense. Hmm.

I was mad at Douglas for being such a twat. XD I literally wanted to smack him, like, Hey, Arthur can come up there whenever he wants...! But yeah. I forgive him a bit, since his wife is about to leave him and all... I have to be a little sympathetic for that. I hope things get better for him as well.

Arthur was so asking Martin for a date! *laughs* But it's just like Douglas to weasel his way in there, and then croon at Martin for 'looking happy'.

"You look happy." Douglas crooned.

Martin looked taken aback, "I do?"

When I read that, I imagined him going, 'No, I don't! I look taken aback - It says so right there!' XD

Yeah... I'm too amused.

Update soon.

cheeseisthebestevr chapter 2 . 10/13/2011
yaaayyy! you wrote more! and now i want've turned me into a greedy spoiled brat. you've given me good fic. and now i'm acting like some depraved child. GO YOU! it's fantastic. you're martin and arthur are adorable. and your douglas is...a dick, but not too much of one. it's understandable. he's upset.
Cryptic Nymph chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
This is lovely! And if you ever want a beta, just ask!
ceres51892 chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
*laughs* Oooh, how fun! So, will Martin eventually kiss the cook? I mean, he must! It's in the title, and... He must, because they're both so cute!

Yes. This is good so far, you have them very in character, I think. Arthur not even playing Yellow Car? But you're always playing Yellow Car!

Yes... Poor Martin. I mean, if I were him, and my sandwiches had just been ruined after all of that, I think I might cry. Good that Arthur spotted him though, so he'll still get a good meal, at least.