Reviews for Fatal Cures
aem chapter 22 . 1/1
Nice chapter . . . but . . . do you know that it's a repeat of the one before it?
Lord Cow-Cow chapter 24 . 10/12/2015
I suppose welcome back...?

Turns out I didn't need a recap at all XD

Audino's reactions to how stupid the names and appearances are is great coming from a pink girly thing like he looks like XD
It was a bit odd you describing Loony's voice twice in back to back sentences but it still works.
Audino be grumpy. Oh I did forgot though if he had anything to touch Ghost types...
I've noticed God/Goddess used in a lot of nicknames.
Oh gosh the Harry Potter/Pokemon puns why...
Nice dialouge though, even if sometimes maybe a little...repetitive feeling?
Of all the...Lord Voltorb? Soooo scaaaary. XD
Eres is a huge brat, kinda like someone else I know.
I do enjoy little things like the streetlamp circling of String.
I want to know about the incident with Wake...
Hmmm...so regular animals exist here?
Fallen Vanguard chapter 24 . 10/5/2015
Heh, the reference to Japan's Fantina XP. People forget that she's not French in japanese Sinnoh, but actually English or American or idk.

Anyway, good to see this chapter. The throw back summary at the start helped with quite a bit, though remembering some names of some characters required me to go back and remember.

Aside from the names it's a rather easy chapter to get back into. So perhaps even a good "I hath returned" chapter.

Audino was quiet this chapter, I find. I know he was never the most social creature but I feel like even then he was quiet here. I would say it's perhaps he was out of his element, but he used to be trainer owned so cities aren't all that new to him.

Sir Nicholas, by the way, is a hilarious name for a Gengar. Like...what? XD. I love it.

I'm glad you posted this, but it's sort of hard to critique or really say anything, since it was almost a "welcome back" kind of chapter, you know? I'm sure I'll have more to say with the next chapter :)
Lord Cow-Cow chapter 23 . 9/11/2013
Alright, well here we go.
First, I must say, so glad I decided to read this. It's really good. Well written, unique, interesting. Well done all around.
I really like the characters. They are pretty great. I'm sure you'll bring back the others at some point, but just leaving the thought here that I hope to see them again. At least a few of them.
Audino is an interesting Pokemon for sure, and you've done amazing things with him, seriously. I find myself eager to see what he'll do next. (Particularly after the machine-move thing.) After leaving Eterna I wondered if the Gengar tutor thing wasn't going to happen, but now that he's mentioned again... :D
I like the "arc" thing you've got going on, it's really cool. And I'm excited to see what you'll do with this. :D
Pretty interesting that you're bringing in Gym Pokemon as characters. Not sure what to make of Eris yet though. (Except the name similarity between her and Ares, plus the similar accent...)
I could go on and on about how great this is, but that would take a long time, and there's so much I could talk about... I'm sure I'll do that more at another time. XD
twilightwrites chapter 22 . 8/26/2013
That was hilarious, especially the beginning! I couldn't help but start singing myself, for some strange reason...o.0'''

Keep writing!

japaneserockergirl
Omega the Omniscient chapter 23 . 8/25/2013
It's a pleasure to see another chapter up! I'd have read and reviewed sooner, but it's a busy time, school starting up and all. I've found the free time, though!

I like the atmosphere in Hearthome. There's what I'm gonna call a reverent quiet. Not sure if that's quite accurate, but I think it's close at least. It's calm, bordering on eerie, but not quite so unsettling. Mysterious, perhaps.

Interesting little battle between Mismagius and Audino. Eris seems friendly, though competitive as well. I look forward to learning more about her.

Incorporating dialect can provide an interesting aspect to the writing. I personally can't seem to utilize dialect for anything beyond a trivial thing to identify with certain characters, flavor as you said. It's good to make things more meaningful, as you are.
Fallen Vanguard chapter 23 . 8/23/2013
Nice to see this is getting on going again!

Eris seems like a fun character, and I like all your stuff on accents. Even though I'm all for equality I love to appreciate the differences between people (and Pokemon I guess) and giving them accents based on region is one way to do it. Though the first four regions are ALL parts of Japan, which means there's only so much diversity, so I tend to keep only Kanto and Johto Japanese and make the others different places based on their climate and geology!

...Wow, I went off :p.

My point is I liked this chapter and I'm looking forward to the others! XP

P.S: I actually need to learn Scottish brogues
Shamekeeper12 chapter 22 . 7/12/2013
Excellent work! I like your creativity with having less-than-popular pokemon for main characters. It really provides a fresh experience from the average fic you see here. You also do well with character development, each one being just as complex as the main character. The dilemma of Arc 1 was also fairly intriguing. Is Audino to fight for a madman, or support the segregated, and slightly bigoted nature of KESFO? There are also EPIC battle sequences, that I find startlingly realistic, considerate of the different factors that come into play. I find the mood somewhat dark and foreboding, but with enough comical relief to balance it out.

The start of Arc 2 has really appealed to me. I can't wait to see what happens next! I'm itching to see the many questions here answered!
brica chapter 22 . 5/5/2013
Cool story. Nice characterization and contextual description, too.

... I just love well-written stories (and it doesn't hurt at all that there are no mistakes in this, either)!
SnakeFlish chapter 2 . 2/21/2013
...Wait. Was that a Last Dragon Chronicles reference?
Omega the Omniscient chapter 22 . 2/9/2013
Ha! Well, I did not see that bike ride coming. It occurs to me now that "Daisy" song about "a bicycle built for two" would be great for the hectic downhill deathride.

Hearthome. The name holds promise for a lost Pokemon seeking... something. Peace? Reason? Not sure what it is or if they'll find it there.
Decapoda chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Screw Sinnoh! Hoenn is where it's at!

Your Audino seems pretty bold. A little...too bold. But your Audino's awkwardness around girls somewhat compensates for the boldness, so you're barely just dodging the bullet there.

Alsssssso, thisssss can get to be pretty annoying when overusssssed or overemphassssssized.

Otherwise, I love this so far!
Fallen Vanguard chapter 21 . 10/8/2012
So ends this arc, I suppose. Cool! I had a feeling String would follow Audino and I really wonder where thing will go from here.
zzzp2 chapter 21 . 10/7/2012
Wow... that's weird. (And I just listened to the entire FF7 soundtrack too!)

This chapter...

It is epic.

(pinkfuzzy... lol)

While you do need a little government, an army is generally not necessary.

And now Audino has left the forest, leaving behind everyone...

Until the sequel, which I think will involve Eterna vs. Some other place where pokemon congregate.

I've already said how epic this story is, and that generalizes to how epic this chapter is. I'm sorry it's so epic I can't give advice.
Omega the Omniscient chapter 21 . 10/6/2012
This definitely leaves me looking forward to more.

The farewells were bittersweet, String's nervousness was palpable, and that ending has me looking at the dirt, trees, and leaves giving way to grass, gravel, and blue sky.

Is that String's first look at the sky? I suppose Eterna's canopy is rather thick. I'm sure he'll find the rest of the world is just as awe inspiring.