Reviews for Mistaken Identity
Moi chapter 22 . 8/13/2015
"Flying under the radar." [Daniel] leaned back in his chair, chuckling helplessly. "Oh, I've really made a mess of his life, haven't I?"
If Daniel ever finds out anything (though it is human to forget important stuff), would the realization that he's made a mess of his life prevent Daniel to tell on Methos? He was so eager to talk to him on better terms . . . *mock-sniff, snicker*
I realize after he heard that Adam Pierson died in a car crash, Daniel possibly forgot half of his moment of enlightenment over it. However, how much of that will be coming back to him later, including the realization that the 'historian' was holding out on them during his questioning? There's now three versions of a man wearing the same face: one allegedly dead, one oh so miraculously not dead and one missing. And incidentally Adam Pierson and flying under the radar was a package deal . . . until *cough* he died.
And now there's one Adam Pierson, one 'twin', one Duncan MacLeod and likely one "Hebron" with the same oddity in their DNA. Will they stumble on the same variation in Amanda's blood (if they still have a sample of it as an ex-host the symbiote fled) and in McCaffrey's? Did they even check McCaffrey's blood after their technology had advanced enough (or did they just take a sample as a baseline when he joined the program, never properly checking it) or was there a change after his first death? I realize there'll be an autopsy for the airman, least of all because you don't get your hand on a host plus severed in half parasite every day.
Would Daniel/the SGC dare to approach MacLeod due to his DNA? Or the fact that his blood is on the hilt of a sword (never mind Amanda's explanation of how Adam Pierson came by the sword)?
Moi chapter 20 . 8/13/2015
How much will (at least for Daniel recent) dreams and ascended beings influence the outcome from now on (now "Hebron" at the SGC)?
Moi chapter 17 . 8/13/2015
I wonder when Daniel ultimately gets to research this medieval Methos character with a fondness for alcohol and a habit of "avoiding combat in the most absurd manners possible" from the books they liberated from Adam Pierson.
Moi chapter 8 . 8/13/2015
Just re-reading your story. Will the genetic results come up again? I completely forgot about them. And will Methos aka Hebron find out about them as well now?
Beloved Daughter chapter 47 . 8/12/2015
Another great chapter update! Interesting the way things worked out there for Methos...
Moi chapter 47 . 8/12/2015
PS: Or better: they SHOULD notice "Hebron" drinks and enjoys coffee. I just wondered, if "Hebron" indicates that he was agreeing to become a host hoping to get his lost memory back, a well known fact to the Tok'ra, thus hinting that he could be a Tau'ri to begin with, I'd SO love to see the fallout. After all, the SGC first falsely arrested "Adam Pierson" (and stealing from him, by the way) and then after he turns up dead, arrested his supposed long lost twin (and getting Amanda killed in the process), who they literally lost by first getting abducted by a goa'uld and then not being able to find him off-world, they'd have some serious explaining to do. *smirk* Just give them enough rope to hang themselves. Pretty please! *snicker*
It would also drive the point home that the Tanith situation as far as it involves "Hebron" was homemade by Daniel Jackson's reaction after he met Methos in the café and the SGC subsequently. *snickering madly*
mountainelements chapter 47 . 8/11/2015
I'm impressed that Methos has managed to come up with an explanation for why Hebron didn't die and hasn't aged. I have to wonder now if he plans to return to Earth and how, if so. Thanks for the update!
voidstaroffline chapter 42 . 8/11/2015
Fyi, you accidentally posted the methos part of this chapter over the Daniel part.
inspibrain101 chapter 47 . 8/10/2015
At this point, the number of times Methos can die and resurrect himself as the deceased's long-lost twin is running a bit thin. Can't wait to see what excuse he pulls out next!
Chris-Sasami-Bunny chapter 47 . 8/10/2015
Moving along lovely. Can't wait for more!
Moi chapter 47 . 8/10/2015
Lovely new chapter. Both sad and incredibly funny (Methos enjoying himself true to character). I hope nobody really notices Methos' cuppa. Other than Jacob Carter and possibly the odd other Tau'ri host, coffee is unlikely to be your regular Tok'ra's poison.
I loved the very humane moment when Methos was confronted with Malcolm McCaffrey's corpse. Does anybody realize what "Hebron's" comment meant there "It's the least I could do."? He's told everyone and sundry some cock and bull story, it appears, about how he survived and why he still looks the same as ten years ago.
I've recently watched the episode when Hebron became a host for Tanith. Hebron really looked eager. Jack was for all intents and purposes furious as he - likely rightly so - suspected Hebron wasn't given all the facts by the Tok'ra. Jack especially liked to point out that he did not KNOW that he was talking to the hosts rather than the symbiotes when he talked to the Tok'ra. t was peculiar that the symbiote kept reassuring SG-1 that their host fully agreed, yet the host did not seem to answer on their own. And the Tok'ra had this awful habit of not handing out all the relevant information that was needed to properly judge and react to any given situation. Wasn't it a problem for the Tok'ra to find adequate willing hosts before Selmak merged with Jacob Carter? Can a host still be called willing if they were not fully informed of the consequences in their entirety? When it became clear that Tanith was a fully fledged goa'uld with nefarious intent, the Tok'ra refused to remove him from Hebron knowing full well that Hebron was kept prisoner within his own body, forced to watch atrocities done by his hand. The Tok'ra then claimed it was war and sacrifices had to be made (and that they'd remove Tanith later once they had no use for him any more).
How does Methos feel about them after that? He considers the time as "nightmare memories" after all.
As Methos retains Malcolm McCaffrey's memories (never mind Sydyk's), memories that at the time he regained them were for all intents and purposes about the future and completely up to date about the SGC as it is right now, what does he make of them? Or plan to do with them.
About those - alleged? - stasis pods. What did Methos really do on Memphis until the Tok'ra found him? What does Devlin know? Clearly not the truth.
Methos thoroughly enjoying Daniel make a fool of himself was so spot on. Maybe a tiny little bit of revenge is due on the man who got him into this mess that lasted a solid decade? A decade without coffee and more importantly a decade without BEER.
You don't know just how much I was awaiting your new chapter. Kept checking this site daily! :)
Well done!
Moi
Moi chapter 46 . 8/10/2015
PS: The German bit should be "Die abscheuliche Schlange" or "Diese . . ." with the second bit being the better option and meaning approximately "that . . .".
DullReign82 chapter 47 . 8/10/2015
I swear this story is like my favorite sweet treat and I cannot just have one chapter(piece). Thanks for the update.
Tina chapter 46 . 8/1/2015
It feels important to note that not only did I read all of this in the course of two days, (few chapters last night, rest today) but I loved it, and hope you continue updating it regularly. It is one of the best representations of two of my all time favorite characters, and my little heart just wishes there was more with these two. Or that I could steal your muse and write both half so well.
anja.quickert.9 chapter 46 . 7/19/2015