Reviews for Mobile Suit Gundam SEED ETERNITY
Plutone-pilot chapter 28 . 5/19/2013
this was an awesome chapter. and any one who reads the fight between shinn and sven should listen to monster from sillit when sven uses the psycho system. it makes it more awsome.
pihip chapter 50 . 3/19/2013
...well. To try and review everything here would be pointless, but let me just say that your work is good. Very, very good. I'll try to explain with a bit more detail how I feel about this fanfiction (the entire saga, not just SEED Eternity): the original SEED (and its sequel Destiny) was a decent show, with lots of cool mechas and a lot of action, BUT ruined by the truly annoying attempts of Lacus and the Three Ships Alliance to stall conflicts and prevent casualties.

I say, this is bull****.

You don't just plunge in the middle of a warzone and scream "hey stop fighting, it's a bad thing!", it's not only silly, it's stupid and unrealistic. To say nothing of the fact that all the darker aspects of SEED (the sheer hatred between Naturals and Coordinators, Blue Cosmos' racist and genocidal policies, unethical genetic tinkering and human experimentation, and so on) weren't really discussed in the main shows. I also read some negative comments on your fanfic, complaints that too many named characters die, that this scene is too violent, that that scene is too creepy, and so on and so forth.

Well, excuse me but I loved this fic especially because it was so dark and brutal. I'm not a sadist, but I also expect to see the horrors of such a massive war (heck, THREE wars, if we count the Junius War, the war on Mars and the war with ZAFT in Eternity). And you, in my opinion, managed to show the atrocities that come with this kind of conflict very well. Not just senseless slaughter of unarmed innocents, that's too easy, but to actually show how one-dimensional characters from the original show actually became more mature, more crazy, more bloodthirsty, more INFLUENCED by the events. Shinn, Kira, Meyrin, the Extended, Rau, almost everyone became something more through all the carnage and angst and whatever they had to endure, most for the better, some for the worse. Heck, Sven Cal Bayan became my hero after reading this, when before he was just some OMNI nobody, and many of the original characters introduced were likable and well-thought (though I do admit that I'm not really a fan of Emily, but hey, that's just me and my love for anti-heroes or villains).

To sum it up, I think that yes, you did manage to make something better than the original SEED. Minor flaws were probably impossible to avoid in such a massive work, but still, you have my respect and heartfelt thanks for writing this saga, which IMHO is, even after re-reading it twice, one of the best Gundam works, be it canon or not.

So once again, thank you ShadowCell, from this one reader you managed to make happy.
Plutone-pilot chapter 49 . 10/29/2012
Finally the sum butch dies.
Guest chapter 50 . 9/17/2012
IT'S...OOOOVVVVVVVVEEEERRRRRR O-O!
Wandering Zephyr chapter 50 . 9/17/2012
Wow...
I'm really at a loss for what to say. You certainly haven't disappointed in bringing this to an epic conclusion. Pity about Trojan, but one important death is better than ten senseless ones. And while Coplund's speech did drag on a bit, it was an excellent way to end the series, particularly as we got actual epilogues compared to Sunrise and their way of ending with the last explosion (not counting the OVA's).
Silly Rau... He may have swayed Emily with his philosophy, but he somehow failed to anticipate the level of destruction inflicted by the ZAKU Goliath driving her along the path of "the world is *already* destroyed, now it's time to build the new one." At least, that's something I feel was running in the background. You've ended on a hope spot, let's pray it stays that way... for a while at least. The world deserves a break.
And, seeing as I can't even begin to match Connor Parafist's reviews, I'll just end with how I expected the U-02 plot to conclude. Simply put, Emily would have got through and convince U-02 to stop fighting for ZAFT. She'd then disable, possibly even destroy the Goliath, but would then self destruct the Amaranth, believing she had no new place in the world to come.
...Just a little too over complicated, I'd say. And your resolution fitted better as well.
Anyway, thanks for the ride, it's been fun.
Florian and Jonquil chapter 50 . 9/14/2012
What an ending. Really, that was amazing.

I've never really said much in my reviews, but I was constantly spellbound by your writing and your ability to create such a riveting plot line. Thank you indeed for writing this.

It was, in many ways, the perfect ending. The previous instalment ended on that tragic note that pervaded a majority of the series, but this was the sweet, cap off that it needed. There's still sadness, there's still uncertainty and strife, but the world you ended this story on looks more hopeful for everyone, Athrun, Shinn, Emily and for Viveka.

Really, a great read.
lamda chapter 50 . 9/14/2012
The ending felt more bitter than sweet with Trojan's death and Emily's failure to save Unit 02.

Kinda surprised Shinn ends up with Meyrin.

Anyway, great fic though some parts kinda feel too slow.
MadFrog2000 chapter 50 . 9/14/2012
I congratulate you. It was almost five years ago, when you posted here "seeds of shadows". Congratulations again.
117Jorn chapter 50 . 9/14/2012
One of the greatest fanfic's on FF dot net, and you only have 85 reviews? Come on people, show some support! Break that counter through the hundreds! to the Thousands!
Connor Parafist chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Ask and you shall receive good sir! But don’t worry Wandering Zephyr, you didn’t put me off from reviewing …I really didn’t have too much to say because so much was happening I didn’t know WHAT to say! That is why it took me a bit to write this review because I was still processing all of chapter 49: Men of Destiny (I love the reference to the second opening of Gundam 0083…in fact, the entire time I was reading 49 I was listening to the complete full version of Men of Destiny And it was an awesome experience)!

So, Men of Destiny, let’s get into it!

Several big events happened in this chapter, let’s start with Rau. Even though he is dead, I had to remind myself that his plan is still in motion. He is right…it all comes down to Emily’s choice; if she can’t save her mother (I don’t think she will) then she may decide to destroy the world. Even though Athrun took Rau down…the masked man’s plan could still work. On that note of the battle, I liked how Athrun took Rau down in the same way Kira did in the seed canon. A final charge.

I had forgotten how skilled Rau was, since it had been awhile since we have seen him put to his limit, and it took both Athrun and Viveka to kill him. Seriously, if it wasn’t for their team work…Rau most likely would have killed them both.

Now for the next big event…Kira’ death. And man was it a long time coming!

Zaru was right, it is sad how Kira never realized what he did wrong …or even get redemption. However, I would say that almost makes the whole ordeal sadder. Kira was given so many chances to change and move forward, yet he never did….in the end he never truly realized his mistake and even the one person he was trying to bring back was disappointed in him! Rau was right to a degree, Kira was the embodiment of everything that was wrong with the cosmic era…even more so to his death.

It is ironic that for all his talk of understanding, he never understood why Shinn wanted to kill him, nor did he fully understand himself. He might have known…but he buried it deep inside of him….that was until his battle with Shinn drove it out of his heart (he saw Flay again for crying out loud).

Now I wonder how Valentine will react…now that her Kira is gone.

But that is basically it- Oh and I wonder what Meyrin has planned for the Fortuna…it will be interesting to see what her final card is.

Now the last thing I want to talk about was the chances of being a huge amount of death in your last chapter. Personally, I don’t think there will be. Nor do I really think there NEEDS to be a bloody ending. I do think there will be loss; and possibly a bitter sweet final…(it all really depends on Emily at this point) but I don’t think this body count will top your Destiny rewrite’s final 2 chapter’s. I think it has to do with the fact that you have changed as a writer and your story has changed as well. You Destiny was more akin to Victory Gundam…while Twilight was more 00 and Wing…aad Eternity has the feel of a Gundam X kind of story. Obviously these comparisons are FAR from completely accurate, but I was talking more about your stories tone wise than anything else.

Logically too, the characters are protected by the mass number of mobile suits in the EF, Phantom Pain, and Resistance. Now I do think it is highly probable for Emily to die…as do I think it is the same for Lily (A Piu II kind of moment)…also I think there is a chance for Auel, Sting, and Stella ALL to die. Or at least one…and maybe the Minerva will blow apart too…hmmm, now that I think about it your last chapter could still have a HUGE death count…

We will see how it ends. But I personally think that Emily, Lily, Auel, Sting, and Stella could all die in the next chapter (I have a feeling Shinn is alright). Oh and the Charlemagne is probably going to be destroyed in the attack on Messiah…with everyone going down with it.

We move onto the last chapter of your story! And I couldn’t be more excited and have no idea how it will end! I have ideas sure…but who knows?!

And to everyone else, who reads reviews, REVIEW this story! For god’s sakes, it is his last chapter! Let’s talk about this ff series! Because once it is gone…what else do we have to look forward to? Maderfole’s Golden Age Trilogy? Yeah, maybe if he would update more than once every 6 months!

ShadowCell has put a lot of time and effort into Eternity and Twilight (1 UPDATE A WEEK!) and the least we all can do is review his story!

Anyway, I am looking forward to your last chapter Shadow Cell, even though I am sad you will be finishing your story soon…I am looking forward to your next work!

See you all next week!
nick2951 chapter 49 . 9/7/2012
Though this is my first review, I have been following your series since the beginning

I usually avoid the the Dark Kira stories but I have to say that this is the single best and most realistic Dark Fic I have ever read. There was no super-powered invincible factions and one-sided conflicts as well as no super tech that is way out there even for Gundam.

Your portrayal of the Characters was also what made this series so great; they were evolved in a way that made their actions believable. I can See Kira going off the deep end and thinking he is doing the world a a favor as well as Rau playing everyone behind the scene. The deaths, though tragic, were also realistic and contributed heavy to the drama of the stories.

Its your battles that make this series really good; the are multi-chaptered and are not overloading; they are also never one-sided making them more realistic.

This latest chapter was quite eventful; Kira and Rau gone, Emily reaching her target, Athrun injured and alive as well as Shinn's fate unknown. As for the last chapter, I am happy that Sven redeemed himself somewhat and have small hope that he might have survived since he is one of the better Characters in the Seed Universe.

Looking forward to your update in a week!
Wandering Zephyr chapter 49 . 9/7/2012
...Did I see a Star Wars reference there? I think I did!

So, only the finale to go. I think I can safely say that it's going to be spectacular, even with Kira finally taken out of things. Apart from that, all I can really say is that you've managed to convey the confusion of such a massive battle extremely well. And still no massacre... yet. You're running out of time here...

Now, the BIG question... what the smeg (Red Dwarf reference) am I supposed to look forward to when you finish this?! (But whatever *you* do, I'd say you've more than earned a rest if you decide to take one!)

And, Connor Parafist, I didn't mean for you to stop *your* epic reviews when I wrote my last one! (I quite enjoy your in-depth analysis...)
Zaru chapter 49 . 9/7/2012
And Kira and Rau finally bite the dust. Would have been nice if Kira finally realizes what he's done like, right before he died or something. At least that is how I did it.

Nice job so far my friend.
Connor Parafist chapter 48 . 8/31/2012
Actually that is a lie. I have one thing to say. And that is how I loved the moment between Shinn and Rikia. It shows how much Shinn has grown as a character. He knows what he has become and doesn't want people to follow in his footsteps.

Having that right before his conflict with Kira was a good move!

Now I am done until next friday!
Connor Parafist chapter 48 . 8/31/2012
Yeah I don't know what to say. Things are heating up. A lot of people died...and suddenly...but like others have said, recaping is pointless as are predictions.

So I look forward to next friday for the second(?) to last chapter!

I hope everyone makes it out alive!