Reviews for De Profundis
This was so beautiful and heartbreaking.
tommyginger chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Hauntingly beautiful. Perfect little capsule of despair and loneliness and longing for what you know can never be. Thank you...
chaoticbutterfly87 chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
This is great. I adored Susannah Harker in Pride and Prejudice, and she was as wonderful in this. Likewise, Philip Quast was amazing too; I think being such a good singer and musical star, his ability to act, and act well, gets over-looked. I wish there had been more 'beyond the office' interaction between those two actors and characters. That said, I love your fic because it gives what the TV show didn't, and I love the way it's written and how it flows. Certainly one of the best fics with this pairing I have read.

As for the idea of PQ reciting Tennyson, that broke my brain too. Have you seen him in Brides of Christ? (His scenes can be found on Youtube). He recites the hymn 'Hail Holy Queen' and, in a useless bit of Quast trivia, it's the same hymn that's used in it's original Latin form in 'Oh, What a Circus' from Evita, and in which Quast played Peron.

Once again, thank you for a beautiful fic.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
I so enjoyed this. I am so glad I am not alone in feeling the chemistry between Pearse and Angie exceded anything with Vaughn.
And I so understand wanting to hear Philip recite Tennyson. (Though to be honest I could listen to him recite the phone book.) I think he was amazing in this...you can drown in the meaning he puts into those grey eyes of his. Perfect.

And then to think he is one of the great Baritone singer sof his generation...But despite knowing he is Javert and has three Oliviers etc etc...Its Father Harman who is the most haunting memory.
Well done for summing all that up. I will tell my PQ obsessed friends.
anotherdormantaccount chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
Indeed, I don't think my brain will be the same again either...Philip Quast can make the telephone directory sound beautiful.

I discovered this series recently, and I have to admit I was hooked. I certainly love Pearse. I was so delighted to find there was something for UV.

Good characterization of both Angela and Pearse
wickedground chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
absolutely adored this*sigh* so beautiful.