Reviews for Masters of the Universe
Vixray chapter 6 . 5/26
Just out of curiosity, is Erik's sister named Charlotte to insinuate at this point in the plot that Charles might still be a figment of Erik's imagination (because the name Charlotte is close to Charles), or is this a fandom reference that is flying over my head?
On another note, I am seriously panicking now because I'm out of stuff to read that you've written (that I'm at least halfway fandom-knowledgable in). So, I'm leisurely perusing Masters of the Universe for a second time. I guess I want you to know that your writing is a beautiful thing that terrifies me frequently (you can decide if that's a good thing or not) and that an out of control Tony Stark is very enjoyable - at least in retrospect.
Justice Tokidoki chapter 20 . 1/10
This is literally one of the best stories I've read concerning the X-Men canon with some usage of Avengers/other marvel characters as well. I don't normally delve into this fandom, but this story has made me want to read more.

I really like the fact that you did your research/educated us about some other factors of various mental illnesses you used for the characters. The idea of using a lot of these characters at the teenage level and below was great. Tony Stark made me laugh, and the bantor/tension between him and Steve and him and Eric was so well written.

And Eric's characterization... I really like how his arc came to an end. I love how ultimately this story was about these boys learning to become better versions of themselves and come to peace with their own struggles versus being good/better members of society. I think many forget that the way you can become better in whatever situation you're in is by being a better you, not by being what society wants you to be. So much this.

Charles Xavier is one of my favorite X-Men characters, so his friendship with Eric was another highlight. Ultimately, the main frustration I had with this story was the climax/take down of the Big Bad if you will. The build up to it was great, but ultimately the final battle sort of confused me and seemed a little anti-climatic. It's like watching First-Class and seeing the first great Magneto moment with Xavier. It's touching, but not necessarily the ending of the movie. Then again, I did read that part pretty fast so perhaps I need to reread the ending.

All in all, just a very great read and good execution of serious topics. Many authors play up the dramatics and turn this too much into an angstfest, and even though there's a lot of angst to go around, there are also moments of quiet and comedy that were greatly needed. So thank you for this ride.

Justice T.
Asha chapter 20 . 10/11/2014
This was an amazing, interesting story. You've done a great job with a challenging premise.
KelliAM chapter 20 . 6/14/2014
Was good if not a little rushed :)
KellieAM chapter 2 . 6/13/2014
Ok it's is completed, didn't show up as completed at first on my phone...
KellieAM chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
Love it so far, seems interesting. :) wish you'd keep going with it.
Nessie-san chapter 20 . 2/22/2013
I like that you used two songs by The Offspring XD I love them ) Also, awesome job on this. I really liked how it ended, and I hope Stark'll be alright, and... I dunno, I just loved it ) Great job, and if there are any other fics you've written which are possible to read without the series, could you PM me the links?
Nessie-san chapter 19 . 2/22/2013
THIS WAS SO GOOD! I'm not sure how that worked, but it was REALLY good. I'm glad they saved Charles, and I'm glad Erik was the one who did it. It might be therapeutic for him. I can't wait for the next chapter -
Nessie-san chapter 15 . 2/21/2013
This is really wonderful. I wish I could figure out plots this complicated. This... change a few details so that it's not other people's characters, and you've got a god damn good, publishable story here. I mean a REALLY good story. Usually, with fan fiction, I don't feel the need to read it again, but I can tell that I'm going to want to read this again after I'm finished it. I can't wait to read the rest (which is bad, 'cause it's 1:12 AM, and I have school tomorrow XD
Nessie-san chapter 13 . 2/21/2013
YOU USED A WORD I DIDN'T KNOW! YAYAYAYAY! Thank you so much - Admittedly, it was in the notes at the beginning, and it was "dysentery" (which now that I know what it means I will probably never forget 'cause the definition was... *shudder*), but still! I didn't know it - Thanks for helping me find new words ) Anyway. Amazing chapter. Erik did wonderfully with Charles' mom, even though it may have been more diplomatic (and in general a better idea - what if she had a telephone number for this dude and was crazy enough to call him?) to take it slower than he did. Also, I like why Steve left the army. It's a really good, noble reason. Anyway, awesome job on this chapter, and I'll have you know that I was planning on actually getting some sleep before I started reading this XD
Nessie-san chapter 12 . 2/21/2013
You just had TWO CLIFFHANGERS IN A ROW! I'm sure you know that, but it annoyed me a bit since nothing was answered and you still had two cliffhangers, technically.
Nessie-san chapter 11 . 2/21/2013
This is getting really creepy. Is he actually hearing this kid in his head or did he imagine him? Is the red eyed man real or not? It'd be nice to know... but I guess that's what I'll find out XD
Nessie-san chapter 9 . 2/21/2013
What? That's... That's scary enough that my throat seized up, my eyes started watering, and I got a shiver down my spine all at the same time. I had to remind myself to breath. That's... *shivers* That's fucking scary, dude. I don't like that. Who the hell is the man with the red eyes?!
Nessie-san chapter 7 . 2/21/2013
You know, I think I like Steve. I think I really like Steve - I feel like he would be a good dad (it's not like he's a pedo - he liked Tony for his mind (which wasn't childlike), not for his innocence (what innocence?), or his childlike body, or anything pedo-y like that), and I feel like he's a good person. I mean, the fact that he feels guilty about not breaking up with Tony in the first place, and that the reason he's not breaking up with Tony is 'cause he's worried about him... both of those things suggest to me that Steve is actually a good guy. Oh, and I like Tony's foray into church XD Black holes... stupid, brilliant, snarky kid XD
Nessie-san chapter 4 . 2/21/2013
Sorry, but the last line just made me laugh XD I really like this. I know they're technically insane, but I like them. They make me laugh - their sense of the morbid, and and Stark's snarky-ness, and a lot of things about them I like. Oh, and I know something which may be creepier than that about The Wizard of Oz: A young girl gets magically transported to a fantasy land where she accidentally kills someone. She then teams up with four strange men to kill someone else, and then goes home as if nothing had happened except her getting lost. Anyway, awesome job so far ) I'm glad Sophie sent me this to read - Oh, and you may want a beta reader. You don't have any big mistakes, but there are a few little things - stuff you forgot to delete when you were changing how you were saying a sentence, and other stuff like that - which need to be corrected )