Reviews for Five Ghost Stories
goddessa39 chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
Mrs. Hudson's was the best. Harry's was depressing. Loved it.
Meew3 chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
I really like the Molly and Mrs. Hudson one .
librarywitch chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
Oh man the last one was, well it explains so many things. Well done.
mangaluva chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
I wish we knew more about Harry and John's childhoods, as well as Sherlock and Mycrofts. I suspect they were tense and unhappy all around, but it's never really explored. I like how you touched on it with the particular ghosts haunting Harry and Mycroft. I wonder if the show will explore it more. I think it would explain a lot about their characters.
Time and Fate chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
Can't believe I haven't read this one, it's so utterly awesome
Feej chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Let me just say; wow

I missed your writing (been without internet for weeks and weeks) I love the way you sketch and play with words! (probably already told that several times, didn't i, well, once more won't hurt will it? ;)

My favourites are Mycroft and Molly's. Mycroft because I always wondered about his relationship with his father. I'm trying to write one that hints towards this (mycroft being like his father without wanting to) so i loved reading this!

And molly because she's wise and innocent at once, I love how you write her :)

Feej
editor frog chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Loved Molly.

Liked Lestrade and Mycroft. (I can see that, really.)

Not so much Harry. I mean, it's plausible, but perhaps her drinking is due to undiagnosed clinical depression as opposed to other factors?

I'm not sure what to do with Mrs. Hudson. I like it, but is seemed bare bones. Certainly would like to see some prelude to that (ie: how exactly did Sherlock help turn Old Man Hudson into a spectre?)

Ever considered doing a pair of these on the lads? Would kind of be interesting to see what scares them. Especially if its something we don't expect. I'd read it. :)
Lemon Icee chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
This story, like all your stories, was heart-achingly beautiful. Mrs. Hudson's: touching, heart-warming, funny! Mycroft's: A VERY interesting look into his character, and beautifully sad. Molly's: So adorable and realistic that it made me smile until I realized how quietly poignant it was. Lestrade's: My favorite because I love Lestrade, but also because it was SO TRAGIC I WANTED TO CRY. POOR POOR BOO. I looove your Lestrade's backstories, and your insight into his character "a practical man at heart" - I love! Harry's: So interesting, and now my favorite thing is protective big brother!John. So few stories about her too!

I'm sorry, I'm gushing, but I just adore all of your stories so very much. I want to keep reading them forever!
Jodi2011 chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
All of them wonderfully written, I found Harry's terror to be the most moving. I always think of her drinking as a weakness, but here it's a sad testament to her childhood.
Sparrow49 chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
This is fabulous! Wonderfully haunting, and I love the ambiguities about what is mean by 'ghosts.' Beautifully, hauntingly written.
CrazyCousinEiko chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
Morgan...

To say this was good would be a gross understatement. I... don't have words to tell you how much I loved this. So I'll try to find my best ones and tell you what parts I liked best-

Mrs. Hudson's frankness toward her dead husband made me laugh. I always love your portrayals of her- despite her age and weak frame, she's got the heart of a wry lioness. 3

And poor Lestrade! D': When he tells himself that he can't remember his wife's voice, I felt as if my heart crumbled to pieces along with him. And the fact that he's a "practical man" and "tries to gather his crumbled pieces together again." So sad! I'm glad that you added that sentence at the end, though. -

I really enjoyed this. Sure, I should be working on a math paper, but this is so much better! ;P Can't wait to see your next work of art! :D
Jason Layton chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
3 made me smile as I know a girl who works in Kings X Morgue who would swear to the ends of the earth that she has sing-alongs with her charges.

Very chilling, good Halloween stories!

Jasxx
Sidney Sussex chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
Oh, the feel of this is just gorgeous. The sentence structure alone takes my breath away, and then the things you've written - the characters who don't always get a lot of attention, the scenarios we just don't think about... And the strange balance between eeriness and comfort is...

Well, as usual, you are astonishing. This'll stay with me for a long time.
LeDragonQuiMangeDuPoisson chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
I was hoping we would get some seasonal stories, and you have provided some! Many thanks.

You've done an excellent job with each "haunt", aligning the nature of the visitation with the personality and background of each character; the fact that you didn't use the most thought-of characters indicates the kind of grasp you have on these.

Each one's method of dealing with the ghost was well-played, and I quite enjoyed getting to see this new dimension. I found Molly's experience particularly moving, for reasons I can't quite name.

Thank you for this lovely story.
The Red Fedora chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
creepy but well written:) nice story - as always