Reviews for Mon Legionnaire
Claire.CZ chapter 3 . 8/13/2014
This is heartbreaking, the perspective is really unique. How I wish I would be the girl!
I am certain the story is about Callen (though I have never really noticed Deeks eye colour). Romania, fate, encounters with death plus this incredible sentence: "You are a long way home," I said and the strangest look came over his face, like clouds passing the moon.

I also wondered a little why didnt Callen say anything in Romanian to Nadia? I know she liked American accents but it would have been nice.

I will read it once more and will hope that I can stop crying.
pracarual chapter 3 . 10/4/2013
The most eternal tales always ironically are tales of heroic death, or perhaps as you have limbed here, lost love and death. I weep but I won't ever forget this.

I wish ECO could read this. I know this is not the first time I have written that sentiment after a story but it is the first time my wish is nearly in the form of a prayer. I can only imagine that for an actor, a story like this would be the highest accolade.
rocio chapter 3 . 12/27/2012
this is so beautiful, really, so beautiful that I had to say it. congratulations and please keep writing that this made my day a whole lot less crappy. thank you!
alix33 chapter 2 . 9/10/2012
"as a child I'd believed the stories about how she would put curses on people." - I am a grownup when I first saw her, and I still believe it of that matriarch.
"Dracul had taken me there a few times when the old hag was out gathering herbs for her potions or whatever the hell she did." - I can totally believe she could make potions to hex people.
wotumba1 chapter 3 . 7/9/2012
sad story, full of hope, perfect balance there
love your POV
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
there's definitely more than one good-looking guy with blue eyes on the team ;-)
but with the 'tall' i'd go for deeks ;-)
TutorGirlml chapter 3 . 1/14/2012
Wow. I don't quite know how to review this. I loved this, though it was incredibly sad and heartbreaking. And this last chapter especially is going to stay in my head awhile. Was that a bit more T.S. Eliot hidden in there as well? I love some of the poetry you've included :) Anyway, beautiful story, it's absolutely a new favorite of mine now. I love NCIS: Los Angeles, and I write fan fic, but I'm still new to the fandom and haven't done any for this show. When and if I tackle the NCIS:LA team in fiction, I hope I could capture their characters half as well as you do. Thanks again for sharing this!
TutorGirlml chapter 2 . 1/14/2012
This narrator, Nadia, that you've created it really a neat character. I like her and really enjoy the way that she is unraveling the story. Some of the things she remembers in this chapter just seem especially well-written, for example: "Did I tell you how much I love American accents? All soft and drawling, it's like they're brought up sipping honey. His voice made me feel all warm inside." Being American, I don't think the way Americans talk is all that special, but it was an interesting line and I could see that someone from somewhere else may hear it differently. I've always loved other countries' accents too, so I suppose it's sort of the same thing. :)

I loved the Robert Frost quote and the chapter all together. I'm off to go read chapter three...
TutorGirlml chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
I like both how you started this off - what details you've given and what you've left in the air - it keeps the reader guessing and trying to think ahead and figure out. I like where you cut the chapter off too; it definitely left me wanting to go right on reading. It's a clever way to set things up, because reading it, I know who the four Americans are and why they're there, but I'm still curious, because I"m wondering who the narrator is and how she will get involved. Really nice start!
francesmiller chapter 3 . 10/24/2011
Great job on your writing even if you killed Deeks! It was written so well, I couldn't tell if it was Callen or Deeks in the fair hair comment!

Wonderful story!
sissy chapter 3 . 10/23/2011
Perfect.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/23/2011
Beautiful, poignant and lyrical. Even if you did kill Deeks, he died a great death!

Just incredibly powerful writing. Love the different perspective. You've set the standard here.
ACndCA chapter 3 . 10/23/2011
SO Ijust read the whole story and it's brilliant!

But I can't figure out who's the man - Deeks or Callen?

At first it seems like it's Callen but then you wrote " (...)his fair hair spread out like a halo on the pillow." and "(...) the older man put his arm around her(...)" so it must be Deeks right? 'Cause Callen does have enough hair to do that and he's considered the "old one" xD

Great story.

ACndCA
Guest chapter 2 . 10/23/2011
Amazing writing. You make me feel I am right there with them.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Just found this and I'm hooked...