Reviews for The Challenge in the Mob
Gatewatcher chapter 1 . 7/18/2015
Nicely done!
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 5/24/2015
Love how this one ended:) A miracle in deed...the perfect fit.
bexie25 chapter 1 . 11/5/2014
Loved it :)
NatesMama chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
I really am loving all these one shots you've done about their pre-baby life and post-baby AU's as well. You know them very well, which is always nice to see in Bones fan fiction. ;)

Another great OS, as always.
MoxyGirl chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Ah sweet baby Jesus... this was perfect :)
Some1tookmyname chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
I love that this challenge benefits me. LOVE. Because having great stuff to read is always excellent. And that's what this is: great.

It makes me laugh that it's no big deal to Brennan that The New York Times just called her at home. Remember when she didn't even know what their list meant for her? Now they call her and it's no biggie. LOL! Love it.

I agreed with Booth about the line before I even knew why he was saying it. It really isn't any of anyone's business, whether they support her writing or not.

And then they are off and they are both just PISSED and I love a good fight between them, but this? This had all kinds of ugliness.

Bad: "Who do you think you are telling me how to run my career?" She asked him, wanting an answer.

Worse: "Who the Hell am I?" He asked, standing up. "I'm the father of your fucking child!" He yelled at her. "I have a say in this too! And I'm sorry if that screws with your independent lifestyle, but you have to think about more than just yourself right now! You can't be that selfish anymore!"

Worst: "I'm selfish? For wanting to live my life as normally as possible?" She said, surprised it took this long for the fight to emerge. "Do I not live up to your great expectations of what life is supposed to be like, Booth? I'm selfish because I don't want to get married? Because I want to have a family and a job?" She could hear herself becoming irrational but she couldn't stop the accusations as they flew out of her mouth. "It's not enough that I've already had to give up most of my lifestyle for this baby, now you want to tell me how I can change it to suit you as well?" She yelled back. "If I'm so much of a disappointment for you, maybe you should just do us all a favor and leave now before things get even more complicated."

OUCH! And the worst part is that, in general, they are both right, as far as what they think they know about each other. But he hasn't been forthcoming, so she's yelling about the complete wrong thing.

This made my heart skip a beat: *"Bones, will you look at me?" He asked.

"I can't." She said honestly. He spun her around to face him but she buried her face into his shoulder instead.* Because overwhelmed, shamed, hormonal Brennan is a tough person to be.

And then he tells the truth. One that I had never really stopped to consider but one that makes perfect sense. And, where I kind of agreed with Brennan before, I'm now firmly in Camp Booth.

"I live with those risks because I know that it comes with the work that we do. But these people also know that the best way to get to me is through my family." He said as he let his hands rest on her hips. "You and I, we've been kidnapped, shot at, blown up, but the most terrifying moment of my career was the thought of Howard Epps touching my son. To this day, when I think about how helpless and terrified I felt in that moment…" He stopped from even processing that thought. "I don't ever want you to have to experience that. I want to protect you, all of you, from the Gravediggers and the Epps and the Broadskys of the world. And frankly, the fewer strangers who know about this baby, the safer I feel." Whoa. Excellent. Just really, really good. I especially like that he can't even get through the notion of Epps touching Parker without having to regroup and that the bottom line is that he doesn't want her to ever have to know that terror. Prefection!

So she calls her publicist and fixes it and it only takes a minute for her to come to this conclusion. Old Brennan would have thought it over much longer. I like this show of growth.

"Our child will grow up knowing about faith and science, logic and magic." SWOON!

"Booth…" She warned as she found herself being walked back towards the bedroom. "I know what you're trying to do. We can't avoid this conversation forever." But for now, you are! Squeeee!

The sex hot damn! I just won't pick it apart, because, well that's just not needed! Can you imagine? LOL!

And they can do anything, accomplish anything, not just because they are partners, but because they are them and I ADORE that.

After all that they had been through together, and all that they had survived apart, the fact that they had ended up here was, in Booth's words, a miracle. But that was what made it special. They both knew that, whatever their differences may be, there would always be something stronger keeping them together than pulling them apart." Can I get an "Amen, Dude?"

I love it. Truly excellent, my friend. *cupcakes*
Myzinglink chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
*just know that I went through the depths of Hell to leave this review from my phone. Seriously,I almost chucked it against the wall* I loved the authentic feel of the argument and how they both felt about the situation and ofc, the banging...can't forget that :) Fab job!
cheysma2000 chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
This was so sweet, thoughtful and hot!sexy fun too. I think you captured them well. :)
BabyBones chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
Oh Wow! Loved this! :D No matter what their differences are, they will always balance each other out...Perfect & so true! :D

Very beautifully written! Thank you so much for sharing! :)
rbutler chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
It was interesting that you opted to have Booth be the one unhappy with taking their relationship public. I liked it, and I liked his reasoning.

And of course, I liked teh sex. If I were Brennan I would probably pick fights just for the makeup sex but then she probably doesn't have to.
Baileyjane chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
I could totally see this as a scene in an actual episode (well, except for the sex, unfortunately - hey, maybe if that whole 'archivist' thing doesn't work out, you could take Bones to Showtime or pay-per-view or something and really have some fun with them).

I found myself cringing as the fight began, because I knew someone was going to say something that was so hurtful. Your words were perfect - I could honestly hear Booth's tone becoming more incredulous as he spoke, and Brennan getting colder and colder until she finally cracked. "If I'm so much of a disappointment for you, maybe you should just do us all a favor and leave now before things get even more complicated." Yikes.

And Booth, being his Boothy self, and having the perfect words to reassure her: "Heart and brains, Bones. We're better when we're together. Our child will grow up knowing about faith and science, logic and magic." Le sigh.

And the ending, so beautiful: "After all that they had been through together, and all that they had survived apart, the fact that they had ended up here was, in Booth's words, a miracle. But that was what made it special."

Loved loved loved it.
eitoph chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
I was always worried my prompt was a bit odd/hard to work with and yet you've proven me wrong by pulling together this really lovely fic.

I just love their fight here - especially Booth's intensity with lines like:

"Who the Hell am I?" He asked, standing up. "I'm the father of your fucking child!" He yelled at her. "I have a say in this too! And I'm sorry if that screws with your independent lifestyle, but you have to think about more than just yourself right now! You can't be that selfish anymore!" She scoffed at his demand.

I do love a good excuse to have Booth throw a few naughty words out there and this just captures all the right intensity for their fight. I also love that protective side to Booth we got to see; it makes me just a little mushy when he shows his concern like that, and you really nailed that side of his character.

The smut, was of course, fantastic as always. I do not understand how you have such consistently awesome skills. You have some kind of gift.

Thank you for such an awesome, awesome take on the prompt. You rock!
Lapl chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Wonderful !
jsboneslover chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
Great story. I think Bones would be equally as worried about the crazies as Booth, but this is a plausible storyline.

Too bad this is a one-shot. It would be fun to follow B&B through your writing!
sunsetdreamer chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
Well shit. I am definitely the loser kid at this party. Everyone smutted it up except me. I'd be more upset about the fact that smutwinRen getting her ass kicked in this competition, but oh sweet Jesus, this was too sexy and powerful for me to even care. I'm just glad you guys let me play in the mob.

First off; "Who the Hell am I?" He asked, standing up. "I'm the father of your fucking child!"

Umm, angry cursing Booth does something for me. And I've said this before, and it makes me feel like the WORST modern woman of all time every time I admit to it, but damn it. Read that line without shivering a little. Just try.

I love how quickly they can reach THAT anger point, but in spite of it, they can come back together in a relatively short amount of time and connect even before they're actually back on solid ground again. This was my favourite;

"Tell me…" She gasped as he stroked up into her in just the right way. "Tell me that you love me." She managed to sound demanding despite the breathy moans that punctuated her command.

"I do, Baby. You know I do." He hissed as she moved exquisitely over top of him. "I love you so much it hurts."

"And you think we can do anything?" She asked him.

"Anything we set our minds to."

Because she's all about the facts and the science and what can be proven in a concrete fashion, but when she asks him things, she allows HIM to be the one to give the definitive answers to things that can't be answered, and she allows herself to accept them. That is wicked powerful.