Reviews for The Beauty and the Tragedy
keenwriter123 chapter 2 . 1/25
Wow. Just... wow. UPDATE SOON PLEASE!
Iwasborn2savetheDoctor chapter 2 . 10/10/2012
This - just - I don't even know. But it's amazing. I mean, it's sad and horrid and heartbreaking, but it's just so beautiful that it doesn't matter. I - and it's just so real. I could hear them when they spoke. And this just made me feel. I wanted to punch - something - after that mess with Jimi Hendrix. And when they were on the beach, I came very close to crying. And when Amy was feeling like no one cared about her, I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach - literally. My stomach still hurts. But honestly, right at the beginning, when Rory said goodbye. I was definitely in shock, and I won't lie, I cried.
I normally can't stand Amy/Doctor fics - River/Doctor is my OTP, and I love Amy/Rory dearly. Amy/Doctor just seems wrong. But the way this delivers it - it's sort of inevitable and surprising at the same time. I have no idea how you managed that, but it was beautiful and I salute you.
Please finish this fic. I need to know how it ends, and there's a good chance I'll cry myself to sleep until I know. Sorry to put that on your head, but I don't regret it if it means you finish this.
Ginger-Snapp chapter 2 . 8/15/2012
Pleaaaaasse finish!
HDM.rox chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
It's three in the morning here and this is probably going to be half-illiterate. Or something.

Big fan of your work, and usually I don't read 'Rory-leaves-Amy-fics' because they're usually outlandish and not like Rory at all. But you've managed to spin the story in a plausible-AU way that good fanfiction should be, and it's pretty well done. You've captured the personalities of Eleven, Rory and Amy perfectly - especially that edgier, angstier side of Amy we rarely if ever see on the show. Also, Eleven's reactions perfect. And Amy's reactions to Eleven's reactions to here were also spot on.

You really can't go wrong with that (b/c it means that any slow-moving pairing will work. if everyone's IC. but you probably already know that...) :).

Either way, a nicely done, angsty chapter.

I hope you complete this.

I'll be systematically going through your DW fics and reviewing them. soon. :)
Terriah chapter 2 . 1/11/2012
eeeeeee loved this! x
dreaming star chapter 2 . 11/27/2011
This story is amazing. What you said about little moments affecting other little moments until it builds up-I think that's the way I've always imagined how a love story does happen, in bits and pieces. I really loved the way you wrote Amy's inner war as she gets over Rory, and also how the way the Doctor explains how his companions are always leaving and moving on with their lives. You're a brilliant writer, and I'm looking forward to reading the next installment!
greenn chapter 2 . 11/20/2011
Not to throw a wrench in any plans that you may have for the third chapter, but besides a possible update on Rory, I wonder if we could see how Amy's new love life will affect River and her existence in general. Although, wouldn't Amy be pregnant with Melody, though I'm not sure how far along she would be?

Just some thoughts, but I hope this doesn't change any brilliant ideas that you have cooked up for the next chapter! :)
TheFilmFreak1234 chapter 2 . 11/20/2011
I'm grinning like mad, is that normal! This was so bloody cute, not to mention this was based on christmas which it allmost is! which makes me feel even more festive! and they kissed! *squeals* please please do more drabbles/1 shot thingys, whatever yer call em :3 just continue!
2lazee2login chapter 2 . 11/20/2011
I love this story, it's so heartbreakingly simple, and conveys so many complex feelings and manages the humour as well! Please update when you can!
greenn chapter 2 . 11/18/2011
Thank you.

This story is downright flawless. I recently found myself becoming more of an Eleven/Amy shipper, although I adore the show's Amy/Rory story, and your story transitions from one relationship to the other so *perfectly* that it makes sense and feels 'real'. Thank you!

Seeing Amy still hurt over Rory, even as she tries to move on, and then watching the Doctor slowly overcome his personal barriers about his growing relationship with Amy... everything was so perfectly crafted, I can't think of any constructive critiques. Just keep doing what you're doing! Oh, now I just *have* to read it again!

Also, thank you for not leaving too much of a cliffhanger, and don't worry, if Amy can wait, so can we! :)

I do wonder if we'll see Rory again, to, at the very least, see a conclusion to his story.

Once again, thank you very much for this wonderful story! 3
Duckless Duck Pond chapter 2 . 11/18/2011
Excellent! Thank you so much for updating. I think your characterization is spot-on, especially of Amy; I like the clever way you framed the fact that she refuses to wait for anybody after she stopped waiting for the Doctor. It's really an integral part of her character, and a big motivation for every decision she makes, conscious or not. Looking forward to the third part, whenever you get around to it!
Roranicus Pond chapter 2 . 11/18/2011
Holy Moly. What have you done to me? I'm /crying/. Uh... No. No, I'm not. I'm definitely not. Oh, who am I kidding? This title really sums it all up for me, as to why I feel so happy and sad at the same time. This is beautiful and so tragic! The characterisation, their behaviours, their actions are perfect. I can't see a fault anywhere! It feels so realistic and whole. My emotions are in turmoil at the moment. I think I'm drowning in bittersweetness. I'll never be the same again. I'm not joking!

Take all the time you need! I'm not ready to read the next part. I will be soon. Just not now. Thank you for not leaving us with a cliff hanger. If you did, I think I might have passed out.

/end dramatics.

This is really well written so far. In my opinion, it is very cleverly structured without putting too much bulky information. I especially like your characterisation of Amy, and the Doctor, as well as the reasons behind almost everything each main(-ish) character has done. It is very emotion evoking. I'm looking forward to reading the next part.
skywideopen chapter 2 . 11/18/2011
Outstanding work. Cannot fault at all. The characterisation is just on another level, and stylistically this is drop-dead beautiful.
Duckless Duck Pond chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Please please PLEASE continue this! I promise to faithfully review if you continue! There are so few good slow-moving 11/Amy fics out there, and I've been looking for one ever since the end of S6. Write on!
FilmFreak1234 chapter 1 . 11/6/2011