Reviews for The last chapter
Staggering Wood-Elf chapter 1 . 5/15/2002
Do you mind if I use the word most over-used in reviews here, and say... WOW. I think Maedhros and Maglor are the best characters in the Silmarillion (and there's so many great ones to choose from!) and you write them both beautifully. I like the bit describing them as children, I never really thought about them being kids before. Wonderful story, I'm surprised it hasn't had more reviews, (most people sulk if they get less than 20!) but that's usually the way with the best fics. Please write more excellent stories soon!
Joan Milligan chapter 1 . 5/7/2002
*Siiiigh...*

Poor, poor Maglor... and Maedhros is poorer yet. The things... LOVE does to people. Yes, that should be the proper word.

What I loved best about this was the feeling of... emptiness, I guess. I don't think they ever really thought of what would happen after their oath is fulfilled. Dangerous, and... real, and strange. Don't know. It really got to me.

And the last line was absolutely perfect, somehow.

This is... bigger than life.
Ithilwen too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 4/28/2002
Maedhros and Maglor ARE pushy Feanorans, aren't they? Once you start writing about them, they just won't let you stop! Very nice piece, and very moving. I'd never thought about it before , but of course Maglor's song of grief would include his sorrow over his brother's suicide, and his bewilderment over how he and his brother, who had once known such happiness and optimism as children, could have come to such a state despite their best efforts to do (in their eyes) the right things. His song is the song of Arda Marred.
Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 4/27/2002
Very nice. It's great to see the same story told so differently. Maedhros and Maglor are their tormented selves, and you write them beautifully.
Jillian Baade chapter 1 . 4/27/2002
The brothers took over the plot line, well, they are the sons of Feanor after all. Like each brother discribing the other, and the little piece were we see them as children. Maglor's grief over Maedhros killing himself is wonderfully writen. I liked this story very much, and i hope to see more excellent stories written by yourself.
Soledad chapter 1 . 4/27/2002
Highly impressive. I've read Deborah's story, too, and I'd be hard-pressed to choose between the two of them.

Don't worry about the characters taking over the plotline. It happens to me all the time. Usually, they turn out to be the best stories.
Black Mandragora chapter 1 . 4/27/2002