Reviews for Off Side
Kitty-Kat Allie chapter 6 . 4/30/2012
Mua! I really liked this chapter! It was cute! And it flowed it really well! I was so surprised to see an update in my inbox! XD It makes me want to break out the ole Eyeshield 21 Muses, myself!

Looking forward to the next chapter! And cools about living in Japan! How exciting! Are you there for school or work? Or some other reason that's not in a tiny box? Xp
animebird16 chapter 5 . 12/22/2011
Plz update soon. I love this fic...
Kitty-Kat Allie chapter 5 . 10/20/2011
I can tell you're really having fun with your story and a part of me is having fun, too. It's a simple, easy read and your characters stay pretty IC.

The problem is, as a fan, I don't like how non-canon it is. It wasn't just Kid in the wrong school. There's a whole lot of them. I understand you didn't read the manga, though. So, I'm putting that aside and I'm just going to enjoy it like it's supposed to be enjoyed- simple, fun, and fluffy.

However, if you want a story with a more dedicated fanbase, you really should read up on what happens to the characters in the manga. You should READ the manga. It's amazing. It's soooo much better than the anime! If I didn't know you, though I probably wouldn't have read as much as I have because of the inconsistencies from the plot.

It is a fanfic, though. So, like I said, I'm going to just go with the flow. It'll be like reading an almost-AU, but as long as YOU enjoy writing it, then keep it up! You'll get better the more you do so. My first half-dozen fanfics were TERRIBLE. It took me till at least my tenth one to get it even sorta right! But I still had fun. .

-KKA
Kitty-Kat Allie chapter 2 . 10/8/2011
I really like it so far.

I don't think Akairi is any more Mary Sure than another other main character. No matter what, the main character is main character for a reason. The side characters build around the MC for that reason- that doesn't necessarily make them Mary Sue.

Two points of contention, however:

1. Why does the main character American of American parents have a Japanese first name? Is she half-blood (which is still a gaijin) or did she adopt a Japanese name?

2. Kid isn't quarterback for Enma, Usui-kun is. Kid is at Gakekura Construction with Tetsuma. I totally forgot his name- crap.