Reviews for Farmers, Florists, and Fate
jayfeather12345 chapter 15 . 4/8
Oh wow, this story is so amazing that I don't even know how to start this review. I love absolutely everything about it, from the way you've developed the characters to how you describe the settings and the way the storyline is unfolding.

First I guess I'll start with Lillian, since she's the heroine of the story! I love how at first she was reluctant, slightly grumpy from being forced out in the middle of no-where by the parents, and she argued with Ash because she clearly just didn't want to be there, but now you've developed her character to absolutely love this place and all of the people and she really fits in. All of your references to the 'real' world are pretty funny too which adds humour to the story, and that reminds me - you've integrated the 'real' world and the game world really well :)

I like how differently you portray some of the characters to how they're usually portrayed. I have to admit that Georgia's actually one of my favourite characters and I ship her and Kana, BUUUUT I also like that you've put a different spin on her character and made her more origional.
And as for the Harvest Goddess - I completely agree, she annoys me so much; your version of her, the Harvest Lady, is much more likeable!

Now Kana. Honestly I wasn't sure I liked him at first, because it seemed like you were making him a bit 2D by having him be a bit of a player and a jerk. However, I now love your portrayal of him to bits. I feel so sorry for him because I think it's pretty obvious that he has a crush on Lillian and she's just completely oblivious to it despite know that he kissed her before. And he's a sturdy shoulder for Lillian to lean on when she needs and well as just a friend she can relax with, which I think is more like the character I personally perceive him to be from the game. We've seen a very slight clash between Kana and Cam already, and I'm hoping there'll be more of a clash between them in future - I've never really thought of a love triangle between those three and it could get pretty interesting, especially as Kana and cam are from different villages which could prove problematic for Lillian if she's to succeed in her mission of re-uniting Bluebell and Konohana! (Although if I've got completely the wrong end of the stick and Kana only likes Lillian as a friend then just ignore all of that XD)

I actually ship Ash and Laney myself so I couldn't have been happier when you began to introduce some feelings between them into the story - however, if I'm not mistaken does Ash have feelings for Lillian too? Is that why he fake-smiled when her kiss with Cam was mentioned? Or was that for some other reason? If it was the former reason then I can see some conflict between Laney and Lillian coming up, which will be both interesting and heartbreaking because they really are best friends now and it's partly because of Laney that Lillian feels so accepted and at home in Bluebell.

I genuinely squealed last chapter when Cam finally kissed Laney! They're my all-time favourite HM pairing! I like how you've characterised Cam to fit in with the impression the game gives of him but also you've made him your own; he's romantic with the flowers and also quiet and mysterious, but keeps more to himself and appears nore emotionless than I think he is in the game (although that's just my opinion). When he danced with her before and left instead of kissing her I was just like 'Nooooooooooo' but actually I'm kinda glad their first kiss didn't happen then - this was much better timing! XD

And this review is getting pretty long now (oops) but I think that's covered the main characters. And also, I like how you've not completely abandoned Lillian's farm work and village work with requests and things for the drama and the story, but you link it all in nicely and tie up all of the loose ends.

Oh before I forget though - Cheryl. I really like her in the game even though she is a little bit too possessive of her older brother, and to be completely honest I'm not sure I like what you've done with her in this story. She's more unlikeable than likeable I think, and most of her personality seems to be based around being possessive of Ash. However that being said, in a way I think it's a good thing if you use it like I hope you will - when Lillian offered to take Cheryl to Konohana to meet the children there so Laney can meet with Ash without having to worry about his sister I loved that idea, and I hope you do incorporate it into the story in the future!
But that's just my opinion, and of course I'm sure you have your own plan for the story which might be completely different, and whatever is going to happen I know that I'm going to love it.

It's been a while since you last updated this story, and I understand the pressures of school only too well - I've had many a long hiatus because of it - but at the same time I urge you to update. From the reader's point of view, your story is absolutely amazing, by far one of the best HM fics I've ever read, and I think I might die from suspense if you don't update soon (well not really, but I might like half-die, or die emotionally or something...). But at the same time, from a fellow fic-writer's point of view, I know it's hard to update regularly and especially if you've lost inspiration for the story. So I'm not going to push too hard because I doubt anything I say will make a difference. Just if it helps, whenever you update - be it next week, next year, or in ten years - I will still read the update (after re-reading the story to remind myself of it!) and continue to be an avid fan.

So yeah, this review was a LOT longer than I intended, but I hope that it makes you at least smile :) There are probably plenty of things I've forgotten to mention but if you ever do update I'm sure I'll have lots more to talk about then!

Until next time (hopefully),

~ Jay
Samantha Star o.O chapter 15 . 10/12/2013
are u going to update this story?
Alien-cat-Being chapter 15 . 8/29/2013
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! i just love this so much! and now I have to wait indefinitely T_T I hope I don't forget this exists, so i'll go put this in my fabs. I can't pressure and whine for the next cap 'cause I understand the school life Dx So i'll be patient because it worths it :) thanks for writing it dear!
Guest chapter 8 . 8/29/2013
your references to the real world are just so funny XD I love this
forgivenotforget99 chapter 15 . 6/28/2013
I'm officially in love with this story! I hope my gorgeous hubby doesn't turn out to be a total jerkface... though it would be a nice break from the fandoms 'perfect' impression of Cam. So yeah, can't wait for the next chapter!
XxHarvestMoonLoverXx chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
Ehh!Can u do one that is Ash?I really like Harvest Moon,So thanks so much for making it!
Guest chapter 15 . 1/14/2013
Amazing story!
You delve into the characters personalities, and make them your own unique individuals. Please update soon; I can't wait for Kana's view on the situation, and the relevance of the kiss on the entire community :D
staringattheskyline chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
I love this story so much! I really hope you update soon!
AntarcticIcicle chapter 15 . 12/2/2012
Ohmygosh Ohmygosh Ohmygosh! I am in-love with this story! The detail is amazing and the character-relationship build ups are great, and the dialogue makes me laugh. I can't wait for the next chapter! :D :D :D
erin chapter 13 . 8/22/2012
brilliant. cant wait for the next chapter ,
update soon! :D
sparklygirl22 chapter 15 . 3/25/2012
Poor Kana, I feel he has a huge crush on Lillian, so I bet seeing Cam kiss her just tore his heart in two. Kana's like that best friend character, the one who gives the heroine advice on love and stuff like, but actually harbors a secret love for said heroine...Maybe I'm reading too much into it? (_)8
Katie Kat chapter 15 . 2/26/2012
Awesome chapter! Ha ha, would love to see what Kana has to say about Cam and Lillian! But anyway great story so far, can't wait for the next chapter!
saphren chapter 14 . 2/24/2012
That seems OOC for Cam somehow. And the sly smile. Kana is so going to comment about that kiss!(If he saw it) Can't wait to see what happens next
seyeraitak chapter 14 . 2/23/2012
Please update!, its been forever, i cant wait to read the rest of this story and find out who is lillian going to end up with. I also still wonder why her parents sent her to bluebell. Hope u give us the background story. Thanks for writing such an amazing story. Ur the best :D !
HMOrange216 chapter 14 . 1/29/2012
O_O kyaa! That was a really great way to end the chapter! I really hope Lillian ends up with Cam. I really like how you portray the two's relationship.

Sometimes I wonder how Pierre does it. Eating failed dishes must not be very healthy for a person. Guess that's one bad thing to being a gourmetXD

I hope you update soon! Love your story btw!