Reviews for Distinctions
Reina Blood chapter 33 . 3/31/2012
I enjoyed this immensely, and I've re-read it a number of times. The brillance to this story is in the little details ... there are a few ideas that didn't seem quite fleshed out, but there's so many fantastic turns of phrase and the plot carries itself so well. My only real complaint is that you didn't quite make it to the NC17 part. (Or maybe I'm just a dirty old lady, ha!) I see that you're adding extras now (in your new addition) and the Nanny Oggish part of my brain is hoping for some, uh, *fleshing out* of what happened after The Kiss.
Reina Blood chapter 33 . 3/31/2012
iluvteatime chapter 33 . 3/31/2012
THIS. WAS. SO. FRICKIN'. AMAZING! definitely one of the best fics i've read.
OldStoneface chapter 33 . 3/23/2012
I am agog. CoffeeWench is a Discworld muse in physical form. I bow to her ability to weave a compelling story that remains in canon. It is an exquisite "what if" look at both Teatime and Susan that manages to avoid all the likely pitfalls. Romance without sappiness. Clever surprises without black box contrivance or 'hand of god' intervention. Characters remaining IN character throughout. She has painted a most vivid picture for us and the last chapter wrapped it all up with a warmth and personable-ness (is that even a word? it should be!) that made my day. If she ever writes any completely original fiction, I will lay down cold cash for it.

Now I must try somehow to read my own fanfiction without weeping at how inferior it is. ;-)
Linxcat chapter 33 . 3/20/2012
Hi :)

I've tried for absolutely ages to come up with a review befitting of this fantastic story that has given me endless delight, but I have never been able to come up with anything eloquent or original enough to really sum up my feelings.

What I have managed to come up with, are a load of drawings inspired by your story, which I hope you will like, and I hope they will make up for the lack of reviews from me!

If you go to deviantArt and search "Distinctions", then change it to "Newest", the newest two are mine. They're also on Tumblr, you'll find them with the tag "Jonathan Teatime".

Thank you for the excitement and delight you have provided with your amazing work, and I really hope to see more from you in the future! :)
Mary Craig chapter 33 . 3/19/2012
Kept me riveted right to the end :D

Thank you for the story; totally off the wall, characterisation that I really didn't expect, but thoroughly appreciated.

Glad you enjoyed writing it and intend to write others.

Kind regards,

Mary
anonymous chapter 33 . 3/18/2012
You're a credit to this site, madame.

Well done.
Yandere Yuuya chapter 33 . 3/18/2012
You know, despite how sad I was to see this end I finished this chapter with a huge grin on my face. Without a shadow of a doubt one of the best fics I've ever read, maybe even the best. You say you were going for a Pratchett-like tone, well, I hope you know that you achieved it, brilliantly so. As I've said before, your characterisation is SO spot-on. It was getting hard to remember that this isn't canon!

I'm really glad to hear that we'll be reading more from you in this vein sometime. That aside, thank you so much for writing this, and good luck with all you write in the future.
zizzi chapter 33 . 3/18/2012
I don't know where to start. When I saw it was The End, I was really sad, of course the length and the content where more than satisfactory, however I'm going to miss the wait for the next chapter, really. Then again I was sure that the Igors killings were caused by Granpa Igor, so discovering that you built a track for a possible next story made me hopeful, and thank you for expressing your intent of continuing the storyline, I understand it might take some time before you start writing again, but now I know you're giving it some thought. Also I find very funny the idea of seeing Teatime working with Carrot, I look forward to that, being them both a bit off.

I've read this chapter like Glenda read Nutt's poem: I needed a handkerchief to fan myself. I loved it, both for the important parts and for the 'small' parts where we get the idea how they set their pace. I hadn't understood that Clarke was teasing Teatime with Susan in chapter 28/29(?), lol. I knew there was going to be a job offer from Vetinari! And I was happy Susan, Teatime and Death had their Hogswatch together, and Vimes' moment was the best. But I really had my mouth hanging open when I read the three reasons Lobsang had given Susan (she knew (almost) all this time!)... they were really good reasons.

The end, well, made me really really happy. And about what you wrote in your footnotes: if you write it, I'd like to read it, if you don't mind me saying so.

I really couldn't picture Teatime curlless, so I went and watched a video of Marc Warren speaking about playing Teatime (on Youtube), they even interviewd him with the make-up and the costume: it was so wrong hearing a sane normal voice from him!

Thank you very much for your work.
burningbright chapter 33 . 3/16/2012
Ok, that's it. I have officially died of squee. That last section is perfection itself. I despair of ever matching it. (But I'll try.)
burningbright chapter 32 . 3/14/2012
I know I've already professed my undying admiration, etc. several times now, but I just have to say that the order of this phrase is genius:

"in particular he looked forward the first kill, the next cup of tea, and that sparring he'd promised Susan."
zizzi chapter 32 . 3/12/2012
*sigh* I understand you must slow down a bit, now. Next week maybe? Let me hope.

It must have been hard waiting so much for posting a scene you had created at the start. It was nice and fun and sweet in a sense, because it's their first dialogue after chapters of suspense, and it shows a kind of quiet comraderie. At first when I read "you said it wrong!" I was taken aback because it sounded like it was angry, then I read the following line and I had to smile, really.

I appreciated the part from the point of view of Death, I wanted to read what he was feeling at that point, and it was in character (as always in this story, but I never told you that).

But I don't consider clarified the events between Igor, Igor and Dr Tolo, I hope more details will come out. I feel bad for Igorina, anyway.

And I don't know Dr Lawn yet, but it seems I'll like him.
burningbright chapter 31 . 3/11/2012
I would have reviewed this chapter sooner, but I was trying to gather the billion tiny pieces of what had previously been my heart before I read it. I mean that in the very best way possible. This chapter broke my heart thoroughly and enjoyably, and it broke my heart for Teatime probably more than anyone else. You've really done a great job of making him sympathetic without doing away with his essential… Teatime-ness.

(And now I'm going to go back to my incoherent flailing and longing to know what happens next. You've left me with a horrible dilemma — I very badly want to know how this story ends, but I'm enjoying it so much that I don't want it to.)
zizzi - one review per chapter chapter 31 . 3/10/2012
Any other time you feel you can't not post something, please follow your heart, ok?

So much tension, I had to interrupt reading in between the dialogues, and great great Ridcully (deliberate repetition). Where to start? I knew we would see another menacing-Teatime moment! And no less fastidious nor capricious he is, he had this punch into life coming to him, the whiner! I'm sorry, but I tend to step into Susan's rages. And he is worried, too, that is too much to comment.

In the last chapters your cliffhangers are getting higher and higher, what is it to come? I can't manage the actual question, for utter cowardice... so to avoid the subject, the roll-up joke had me laughing, and how did you think up the bantam rooster and crane metaphor? That was quite a picture.
zizzi chapter 31 . 3/10/2012
I can't believe it... and I'm reviewing without having read it yet, because I had to say, I can't believe it. Now I'm going to read it, and I know who the werewolf is, but I would have read it anyway, never expect you can trust readers!

NOW I'm going to read it!
67 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »